Did I sabotage my diet plan?

Options

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    KirstyBorg wrote: »
    I'm eating over 1500 calories a day , full of veg, protein and fruit as I said earlier. I never said I'm on a low calorie/unhealthy diet.

Again, generalities versus details. You said you were worried that one day would ruin your detox ... then you rephrased it ... and you still won't provide details about what certifications your "very qualified personnel trainer" or what the details are of this "jumpstart" "detox" "diet" (all words you've used to describe whatever it is you're doing).
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Actually he is very qualified personnel trainer

My son is also a qualifed personal trainer - he has zero qualifications in nutrition!
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    To answer your original question, no, you did not sabotage your diet plan.

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options

This is generic: if you don't have any positive criticism please keep your comments to yourself

Meaning, only comment if one is in agreement with you? Wouldn't you rather know truth than just get an "atta girl, keep it up!" ???

• Annabear3
    Annabear3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The best way to handle changes in your eating habits is to move past a hiccup and not stress over it too much. That's where the negative cycle can come into play. Follow your healthy eating plan going forward and view your chocolate time as a treat. You should do just fine. It took more than 1 day to gain any weight, so 1 day won't ruin the whole thing. Good luck!
  • KirstyBorg
    KirstyBorg Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It is common to associate detox to a soup or juice diet which isn't the case here. It is just a 2 weeks plan to get my body full of the right nutrition sit needs to have great workouts without harming muscles and keeping me fit to workout more.
    He uses the word detox because I don't have any pasta or bread or meat apart from fish (3 times a day) for these 2 weeks (I have carbs in porridge, broccoli and so on)
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    It is common to associate detox to a soup or juice diet which isn't the case here. It is just a 2 weeks plan to get my body full of the right nutrition sit needs to have great workouts without harming muscles and keeping me fit to workout more.
    He uses the word detox because I don't have any pasta or bread or meat apart from fish (3 times a day) for these 2 weeks (I have carbs in porridge, broccoli and so on)

His use of the word is incorrect..hence all of the warnings that he may not be the best person to consult in regards to nutrition.

To detox is to remove toxic substances..what toxic substances are you removing??
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    How do you know he isn't qualified?
    People assume!
    Actually he is very qualified personnel trainer

Is he qualified in nutrition?
  • KirstyBorg
    Options
    Lots of salt, sugar, alcohol and the wrong fat
  • KirstyBorg
    Options
    I haven't seen his qualifications but I'll ask
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options

His use of the word is incorrect..hence all of the warnings that he may not be the best person to consult in regards to nutrition.

To detox is to remove toxic substances..what toxic substances are you removing??

So... he is misusing a word which, when used, constitutes advice that you disagree with, and thus is NOT giving the advice you disagree with. And because he's not giving bad advice, she should fire him?

WTF?
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Ha! Hilarious!
    I currently have weights 12.5-15 kgs and he is going to help me push myself more.

Unfortunately, I'm the kind of person that as soon as I have a cheat meal I give up. But I'm learning slowly

And this, right here, is WHY people discourage the detox mentality and the quick weight loss jump start, booster stupidity. Eat at a deficit. Get enough protein.

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Wow, I had this app for 2 years and I only recently started using the committee for support.
    But it seems like a lot of people are very negative and a bit aggressive too.

This is generic: if you don't have any positive criticism please keep your comments to yourself

Rainbow farts and unicorns
  • blktngldhrt
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »

So... he is misusing a word which, when used, constitutes advice that you disagree with, and thus is NOT giving the advice you disagree with. And because he's not giving bad advice, she should fire him?

WTF?

Because I, personally, would not want to take nutrition advice from someone who thinks I need to detox my body by eating certain (non-toxic?) foods or jump-start my weight loss. People who do speak that way in regards to nutrition do not know what they are talking about.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

You are paying for advice to rid this?

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm not on a soup diet! It's full of fish, veg, vitamins, fruit, fat free yogurt.
    Loads of healthy food to to prepare me for workouts for my joints and muscles
    Working out prepares your joints and muscles.

lol. Detox.

Aw, OP, I'm sorry. You got took.
  • blktngldhrt
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

You are paying for advice to rid this?

Paying for something your body does on its own..

Unless you're an alcoholic, you don't need help "detoxing" any of those things.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I'm not on a soup diet! It's full of fish, veg, vitamins, fruit, fat free yogurt.
    Loads of healthy food to to prepare me for workouts for my joints and muscles
    Working out prepares your joints and muscles.

lol. Detox.

Aw, OP, I'm sorry. You got took.

See this generation needs to change so some people like OP would know better because it would be common knowledge.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen his qualifications but I'll ask
    So you assumed he was qualified?

:(

I feel sad when I see things like this. People wanting so earnestly to do right, and then being taken by a charlatan. Who at best is trying to be helpful, at worst is trying to line their pockets further with an easy mark.