Options
    Zedeff wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    Am I the only one totally grossed out by food fountains? I'm not a germaphobe, but I can't stop thinking that the fountains are a hotbed of herpes or something.

Don't invite dirty people to your fountain.

This made my day.

If they are clean, clothing optional might be a thing.

I eat clean so I'm good right?

I'm still waiting for your response.

This is my 2nd post in the thread. My 2nd post, not the overall 2nd post. Is this advice that is useful????
    KirstyBorg wrote: »
    Ok! Let's not call it 'detox ' but a 2 week diet to get rid of water retention and to have appropriate nutrition for intensive workouts

Water retention is a natural thing and it's necessary. Seeing the weight drop on the scale because you lose water weight isn't the same as losing fat.

Appropriate nutrition comes on a day to day basis leading to being healthy overall. Not just 2 weeks. You do your training now and eat in order to meet proper nutrition markers now. No jumpstart needed.

Preparing your body for intensive workouts comes with conditioning yourself through workouts, not nutrition.
    Wow, I had this app for 2 years and I only recently started using the committee for support.
    But it seems like a lot of people are very negative and a bit aggressive too.

This is generic: if you don't have any positive criticism please keep your comments to yourself

Helping you understand the truth isn't negativity.

I misunderstood your initial comment and went to the second post, not YOUR second post. I agree that your second post is useful and I think that posts like that make this a better community.

Okay, then we see that the OP decided to acknowledge only those that validated what she was doing while passing over all the posts giving good advice but you can't see how that makes posters that are able to give good advice a little more reluctant to actually give it? If the OP's didn't play that game then other people might not reply so often with sarcasm and in such a blunt approach.

I agree that the OP provided very little information and is open to critique for that reason, but I think you would also agree that the first page of comments is largely critical BEFORE that happened. Anyways, we seem to have reached some level of agreement, which makes this an impasse in our argumentative discussion, and we can't have that. Should we move on to abortion next? Personally I think everyone should have one. Don't knock it till you try it, right?

:smiley: comment of defeat.

• blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one totally grossed out by food fountains? I'm not a germaphobe, but I can't stop thinking that the fountains are a hotbed of herpes or something.

This made my day.

This is my 2nd post in the thread. My 2nd post, not the overall 2nd post. Is this advice that is useful????
    Ok! Let's not call it 'detox ' but a 2 week diet to get rid of water retention and to have appropriate nutrition for intensive workouts

Water retention is a natural thing and it's necessary. Seeing the weight drop on the scale because you lose water weight isn't the same as losing fat.

Appropriate nutrition comes on a day to day basis leading to being healthy overall. Not just 2 weeks. You do your training now and eat in order to meet proper nutrition markers now. No jumpstart needed.

Preparing your body for intensive workouts comes with conditioning yourself through workouts, not nutrition.
    Wow, I had this app for 2 years and I only recently started using the committee for support.

This is generic: if you don't have any positive criticism please keep your comments to yourself

I misunderstood your initial comment and went to the second post, not YOUR second post. I agree that your second post is useful and I think that posts like that make this a better community.

Okay, then we see that the OP decided to acknowledge only those that validated what she was doing while passing over all the posts giving good advice but you can't see how that makes posters that are able to give good advice a little more reluctant to actually give it? If the OP's didn't play that game then other people might not reply so often with sarcasm and in such a blunt approach.

I agree that the OP provided very little information and is open to critique for that reason, but I think you would also agree that the first page of comments is largely critical BEFORE that happened. Anyways, we seem to have reached some level of agreement, which makes this an impasse in our argumentative discussion, and we can't have that. Should we move on to abortion next? Personally I think everyone should have one. Don't knock it till you try it, right?

the information in the OP alone is enough to dismiss this trainer...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

This made my day.

epic backtrack is epic...

In what way is that backtracking? I posted the exact same comment about 3 pages back saying that the OP didn't provide enough information and should be criticized for it. Go back and read my comments friendo!

because you came in here WK'ing the thread and then you tried to call out a poster on something that they obvious did not do, and now you are walking it back ...

its ok to raise the "white" flag...pun intended...
  • blktngldhrt
    Options

This made my day.

In what way is that backtracking? I posted the exact same comment about 3 pages back saying that the OP didn't provide enough information and should be criticized for it. Go back and read my comments friendo!

oh..but there was more than enough information..
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options

This made my day.

You mean that the LACK of information makes you ASSUME things which are worthy of dismissal. If that's your game then fine, but at least be honest about it. The dog and pony show of berating the OP was based entirely on the word detox which was never defined, and therefore the MFP zealot crew is really just battling their own assumptions. It's cool to do that, IDGAF, but don't pretend it's anything more than that.
  • Zedeff
    Options

This made my day.

because you came in here WK'ing the thread and then you tried to call out a poster on something that they obvious did not do, and now you are walking it back ...

If it makes you happy, here's your internet award of anonymous social approval.
    17gmliej4ylb3jpg.jpg
  • blktngldhrt
    Options

This made my day.

You mean that the LACK of information makes you ASSUME things which are worthy of dismissal. If that's your game then fine, but at least be honest about it. The dog and pony show of berating the OP was based entirely on the word detox which was never defined, and therefore the MFP zealot crew is really just battling their own assumptions. It's cool to do that, IDGAF, but don't pretend it's anything more than that.

"My gym instructor gave me a two week detox diet before we start intensive training."

even if she had not said detox.. no diet is needed BEFORE starting a training program. its utterly ridiculous. any trainer who knows what they're doing would know that..
  • Zedeff
    Options
    Look I mean, I don't have an appetite to re-hash all of my posts here again. You can trudge through the posts if you want (I suspect you don't want to). There's not enough info there. Was the OP not available to start physical training until 2 weeks from now due to travel/work/an injury so they started with just a diet? Was the trainer unavailable to train her for 2 weeks? Was the gym closed for rennos? Was the trainer a wingnut who is simply an idiot? Did the OP INSIST on starting diet first and it's not the trainer's fault at all?

The OP presented not enough information to decide. Lots of possibilities including both that the trainer is wrong, the OP is wrong, or nobody is wrong.

office-space-jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

This made my day.

taylor-swift-what-gif.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

This made my day.

If it makes you happy, here's your internet award of anonymous social approval.
    17gmliej4ylb3jpg.jpg

your back track is rewarding enough..

you know what happens when you make assumptions....
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    I haven't seen his qualifications but I'll ask

Lolz.... And people wonder why they get taken all the time.

Yeah, even I was :huh:

"He's qualified but I don't know his qualifications..."

:huh:
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Unless you have consumed poisons or heavy metals, there is no such thing as detoxification.

You are right! A detox from not training your brain to think correctly is needed! Most people don't know how to say NO to their brain.

Except that still wouldn't be a "detox"
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I'm already working out but not 100% pushing myself.

I did not ask if my 2 week plan was right or not.
    All I wanted to know is if I just ignore the day and continue tomorrow or skip my lunch since I had too much chocolate and continue on my diet.

If someone gave you this plan, don't you think questions regarding this plan should be directed to them?
  • blktngldhrt
    Options
    Look I mean, I don't have an appetite to re-hash all of my posts here again. You can trudge through the posts if you want (I suspect you don't want to). There's not enough info there. Was the OP not available to start physical training until 2 weeks from now due to travel/work/an injury so they started with just a diet? Was the trainer unavailable to train her for 2 weeks? Was the gym closed for rennos? Was the trainer a wingnut who is simply an idiot? Did the OP INSIST on starting diet first and it's not the trainer's fault at all?

The OP presented not enough information to decide. Lots of possibilities including both that the trainer is wrong, the OP is wrong, or nobody is wrong.

office-space-jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

its called reading comprehension skills.. "my trainer gave me"..

you're the one jumping to other possible conclusions when the words that mean her trainer told her to do these things were typed..

turns out her trainer did tell her she needed to detox the salt, sugar, alcohol from her body..that she was only allowed to eat fish and not allowed to have pasta..and that this was to be done for two weeks before she could start her intense training. sure, that information was given later and only proved that people weren't off base.. but that doesn't mean that the first sentence wasn't clear enough about the intent of this trainer.
  • Zedeff
    Options
    You are describing a logical fallacy known as a Moving Goalpost. The initial criticism was uncalled for, later information justified it, therefore the initial criticism was supposedly justified. I'm sorry, but logic doesn't work that way. I don't expect you to understand.
  • Katie0520B
    Katie0520B Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm sure your trainer was trying to be helpful. I ask my trainer what has worked for his other clients and what hasn't. But, because he isn't a dietician, I research foods myself and come to a conclusion that way. I try to stay away from foods loaded with sugar (lots of low-fat yogurts are, so be careful) and eat whole foods (lean meats, veggies and fruits). But Cheat Days are essential, if nothing else than just to keep my sanity. My cheat days are once a week (maybe look into carb cycling?). Anyway, I always try to do my own research and look at a lot of different sources.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    You are describing a logical fallacy known as a Moving Goalpost. The initial criticism was uncalled for, later information justified it, therefore the initial criticism was supposedly justified. I'm sorry, but logic doesn't work that way. I don't expect you to understand.

The initial criticism being uncalled for is your opinion, not a fact. That's where you seem to get confused.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Don't you think that's enough already? You're criticizing what people said when it's not your job to defend people. Then you do it by insulting others. Enough already. Just walk away before this thread gets locked up because it's coming soon.

And FYI - You attempted to sht talk me, I made my point then you responded with trying to insult me in another post you wrote directed at someone else. I let it go. Walk away from this thread l, move on.

I guess my admit defeat post was wrong.
  • blktngldhrt
    Options

it was under my belief, because i took the words at face value, that her trainer had told her to detox for two weeks before training. both of those things aren't necessary.

logic has nothing to do with your opinion that the initial criticism was uncalled for..and everything to do with working with the information provided. the logical thing to do would be to read the words at face value and not make up 100 different versions of what could have happened. she didn't say she was on a two week detox before training..she said specifically that her trainer told her to do these things.