20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Here's one reason to strength train...muscle is denser; takes up less space.qqgibamvgiax.jpg

Connie, Love that analogy!!!
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ray, I love that pic of the fat "chick"! It reminded me of the time Oprah lost 67 lbs, and one day wheeled out a red wagon (like Radio Flyer) with a huge plastic bag full of 6 lbs of fat - it was disgusting, but was so graphic that the image has stayed with me all this time!

Shirley, I love the visual of you sitting on a Jamaican beach soaking up the sun and warmth for us! Bring it back with you B) It is supposed to be 36 degrees here Sunday, so at least you won't be returning to the frigid artic temps!

Cristina, I like your new photo...and 1.2 is wonderful! We celebrate every ounce we lose (*)

Welcome, Aminaz - we love our new members and are here for you!

TGIF tomorrow, and I can't wait for the weekend. Working on a throw-size Red Wings quilt for my son in AZ - his 25th birthday is in two weeks, so I want to get it done this weekend so I can ship it off next week.

Goodnight losers - and may we all be even better losers tomorrow!

Belinda
  • beszmytke
    Options
    cf7qxacdo76u.jpg
  • beszmytke
    Options
    Kenea, be easy on yourself and don't allow the stress of midterms to derail you - you will be fine, and remember you are stronger than those things that tempt you!

Good luck!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ihlof5vkj580.jpg
    Belinda. I did not know you were a quilter. hope you will post us a picture of it. I have done a little bit of Quilting.myself. here is the Dallas cowboy quilt I made for my 60 year old son.

Marie
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to say I did a good job at the office party tonight. I had one of those new "Coca Cola Life"s that are made with stevia and cane sugar instead of HFCS, instead of wines and beer. The bottle was 60 calories. And the only thing that was vegetarian were these little cups made of cucumber with asian slaw and peanuts in it, so I had probably a couple hundred calories of those. I did have about 3/4 of a lemon bar, which was delicious, and half a macaroon. I think that was a little over 200 calories. I had an apple, orange, and toast with egg and cheese earlier, so I'm well within my calories for today, with a couple hundred to spare. And oh wow that half raspberry macaroon was the best thing I've tasted in a while, it's a good thing I'm counting calories because I could've easily eaten that whole tray otherwise! So delicious. But anyway... :P
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Happy Friday! I've been pretty nervous this week because I was worried how much damage I did in Paris. I tried to allow myself to indulge while I was there but not go overboard. Turns out I didn't really have to worry too much! This morning I weighed in at 154.3, which is an almost 10lb weight loss from where I started! I still have to lose 1.2lbs before Monday so I can beat my dietbet so I'm going to have to stay on track and be careful this weekend. But I'm very happy with 10lbs gone so far!! I hope everyone has a great Friday!
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Kenia
    Good luck in your mid terms. Don't let the stress get to u. You can do it.

Christina
    Take away that only beore the 1.2 loss any kind of loss in this journey is good.

Shirley
    You got a break. And the weather is changing for the best there calling for a nice weekend. But then this winter any nice day it snowed.

Well for me I had a great day yesterday carbs and calorie wise until I went out to my nieces farewell party. Oh well life will get in the way now and again.
    So now it's just to start over today and go for as long as I can. 2 day 3 days whatsoever.

See you all lighter
    Linda
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Friday, challengers!

Marie.. That's a lovely quilt!

Ray and Sparkle.. I admire your fortitude and commitment to a healthy lifestyle. Making good choices is what it takes when we are in different situations. It would have been so easy to eat more and throw in the towel!

Linda.. We get better at this as time goes by. No need to start over. Just keep going; you know what to do. :)

We may get some sun today and warmer temps. I hope the sun shows its face wherever you guys are, too.

Have a wonderful, productive, and mindful day, all.
    Stay strong!

Connie
  • beszmytke
    Options
    Marie, that's just beautiful! I'm sure he loves it :D I will be happy to post a picture when I get it done this weekend (hopefully).

Ray - outstanding job! You know how to party the right way (*)

Happy Friday, all!

Belinda
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Waiting on the snow today, occoding to weatherman any minute now. Tomorrow freezing rain. No sun for us today. St least we will not have any ice underneat the snow.Think breakfast will be hot oatmeal.

have a great day.
    Marie
  • lululovebaby
    Options
    Hi here my check in
    S.w. 189
    C.w. 176
    Easter goal 169.

I can't belive only 5 more weeks till easter, my how time flys.
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good Friday Morning to everyone.

Marie the Quilt is beautiful. You are one talented lady.

Welcome to the new people.

So many losers this week which is great!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Marie, I hope your weather is not headed my way.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Afraid it m ight be nancy. Ft. worth is really bad. It has just now started snowing here in Mesquite, Texas which is border by Dallas. it is not suppose to get above freezing today .
    jerry went to the store just now before it gets too bad.Having him to pick me up some grapes and bananas.
    Stay warm and watch them carbs.

Here is the back of the cowboy quilt bjbgakzmyzrb.jpg

thanks for the comments.
    Marie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Lulu-Congratulations on 13lbs lost, only 7 to make goal. I know you can do it!!!
    Marie-the quilt is really nice, I need to be more creative again. Stay warm.
    Linda-we all slip up just get back on next meal, you have done so good, dont let this get you down.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    TGIF, today marks day 21 of weight workouts hence time for my 3 week photos! I don't do calendar weeks because I can't workout everyday, but feel free to take a look. I tossed the week 2 vs 3 comparisons on my profile pics as well. I have a ways to go to hit 133 pounds, but this is my just shy of 10 pounds results.

HAPPY DANCE FRIDAY!!!!! 5 weeks left until Easter by my count. Still dreaming of that 20 pound goal....maybe I will hit it next time!

PS all of the quilt work is lovely....I think it will be my next hobby to take up as I spend much more time at home and need activities to keep me out of bed and off the couch.

A bit dreary and foggy here in SoCal, which is unusual as we were having such a nice warm spell. My heart goes out to those is snow and ice and freezing temperatures. Going to dust of my sneakers and head out for my walk! Keep up the good work all and have a lovely weekend :smiley:
  • Erica_Mahan
    Erica_Mahan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!
    I'm new here to this challenge but here's my first week...not too bad. I really think knowing that I would be posting these numbers here helped me. Thanks!

S.w. 227.8
    C.w. 222.2
    Easter goal 199
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @ericasaucedo that is a FANTASTIC first week! Congratulations! Friday happy dance for you too!
  • rayw89
    Options
    beszmytke wrote: »
    cf7qxacdo76u.jpg
    Love this, btw.
  • rayw89
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!
    I'm new here to this challenge but here's my first week...not too bad. I really think knowing that I would be posting these numbers here helped me. Thanks!

S.w. 227.8
    C.w. 222.2
    Easter goal 199
    Very nice first week!