• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    nvm
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I started 38DD, BMI 30. As I lost weight, I went 38DD to 36D to 34D. I FINALLY dropped to 36C after losing 65 lbs. Seriously, I had to drop to a BMI of 20.9 to get down to a C cup. You'll probably lose some size from your chest as you continue to lose weight. I dropped quickly down to a 36D/34D and stayed there for almost 6 months, despite losing 20 lbs in that same time period.
  • wildrose53
    wildrose53 Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I started out wearing a 42DD. I'm now a 38C
  • dbkle
    dbkle Posts: 44
    Options
    I started out at 38DD and have gone down to 36D after about 45 pounds. I'm shooting for B or C at the end of the tunnel, but it's not looking that way for me. I hate buying tops. It's the most disappointing thing to have to size up, only to be too loose everywhere but the boobs.
  • jennifermcornett
    jennifermcornett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Mine got smaller, but so did my band measurement. So the cup size didn't go down. The cup size is all about the number of inches your breasts are versus the number of inches your band size is. Right now I'm super pregnant, but back when I lost 51 pounds, I went from a 38G to a 34FFF. My boobs were definitely MUCH smaller, but in relation to how big around I was in the middle, there was actually an upward move in cup size.
  • dbkle
    dbkle Posts: 44
    Options
    My penis has increased in size by reading this thread

lmaoooooooooooooo
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I've been married for 15+ years, and I still have no idea what all these boobie numbers and letters mean.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    moijo705 wrote: »
    I would be very upset if mine dropped below an F cup. D is not a large cup size at all....

^^^^ agreed this is making me laugh so much... Im sure a D cup is the same in the uk as the usa etc. ???

I think whatever is DD here is an E there. I started out with a 38H, now I am a 32/34G.
  • dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering this too - mine have definitely changed, but I still wear the same size bra... they seem smaller to me -but bigger to everyone else.
  • angelunchained5
    angelunchained5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My penis has increased in size by reading this thread

Also, your knowledge of bra sizes has increased as well!
    :)

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Well there is 5 pages of life I will never get back, and not a decent pic. :\
  • cdlee05
    cdlee05 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Friend Requests SENT!!!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    why would you want them smaller?! Many women want surgery cause theirs are to small! :/
    Until you lived with large breasts...you can't understand ;)

So incredibly true. Even at my lowest weight, I've always been a DD cup, and they really suck sometimes. Sleeping on my stomach is virtually impossible, and lying on my back makes me feel like I'm going to be suffocated. lol And don't even get me started on finding tops that fit my proportions right. It feels like I have two options -- either way too tight in the chest so I feel like I'm being choked, or way too loose in the waist so I look like I don't know how to buy clothes that fit me. It sucks.

I wouldn't even know what to do with those things!

Oh, don't get me wrong, they come in handy for playtime! ;)

11W0PbjP7qhlSw.gif

just seeing what I was about to post in this thread...
  • angelunchained5
    angelunchained5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    cdlee05 wrote: »
    Friend Requests SENT!!!
    Awww...so sweet!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Even if you're maintaining a D cup (4" difference between torso & points),
    that doesn't mean that the overall volume has stayed the same.
    If your band size has gone down, so has the volume.

For example... these are equivalent volume: 42A = 40B = 38C = 36D = 34E = 32F
    Those are going to look VERY different, from flat (doesn't need a bra) through average to disproportionate & might want reduction surgery.
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    So since I've gained the weight I have, I went from a 34 A to a 38 C....they will most likely go back down once I lose the weight, right?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    My cup size has gotten larger while my band size has gotten smaller! LOL was a DD now... F?H? shoot, i dont even know anymore LOLOL

issues. we all got em.

(i happen to like my boobs so im cool with it!)
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    jnichel wrote:
    I've been married for 15+ years, and I still have no idea what all these boobie numbers and letters mean.
    The number is the distance around, generally rounded to the nearest 2" measurement.
    So a person whose ribcage is 33.5" around would buy a 34.
    This is the band size. If the band doesn't fit, it won't support well. The band
    is where a bra gets most of its support power; the straps are auxiliary.
    (Or at least, they're supposed to be.)

The letters represent the cup size, which is the difference in measurement between the
    band size (above) and the largest distance around (at the points). As you can see from the
    discussion here, it's a little confusing when you're looking at European vs. USA, because
    they're labelled a bit different. Also, some people/manufacturers use multiple D's while
    others use new letters.
    In the US, it's like this:

A = 1" difference
    B = 2"
    C = 3"
    D = 4"
    E or DD = 5"
    F or DDD = 6"
    G or DDDD = 7"
    H = 8"
    And yes, there are larger cup sizes. Those bras are hard to find, expensive, and rarely pretty.
    But a good supportive bra is so very very necessary for above-average women!

A suggestion of where to buy: http://www.allurefits.com/
    If you have one of their stores near you, go in & get measured/fitted.
    They carry larger sizes, both brand & cup, and they're pretty.
    I've gotten some nice bras there, the first time I've had one that fit & supported properly.
    When I reach my goal weight, I'm going to get several nice sets from them.
    (No, I have no connection to them other than being a relatively happy customer.)