20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Our last full day and making the most of it. I already had my coconut drink out of a real coconut.
    Another beach day and will be going for lunch soon.
    Not looking forward to snow again.
    See you soon.

Shirley
    On the Jamaica beach B)
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone :D. It's been a busy week, and today marks my youngest son's 25th birthday <3. We have an action packed weekend planned for him, including tickets to the Portland Trailblazer game tonight, and going to the aquatic/ wave pool tomorrow. One if the things on his want to try list this year is rock climbing so his older brother is going to do that with him too :)

He chose an Italian restaurant for dinner tomorrow night, so I went online and prelogged two dinner options that fit my calories/ macros and have been working on incorporating a glass of wine and birthday dessert into my week. I'm feeling confident in staying within my weekly goal. The best part for me is that no one at the table even needs to know :D

Congratulations to all the losers this week! Everyone is doing so GREAT!!!!! Can't wait until Monday to see if my grand scheme worked HAHAHA

Have a great weekend <3

Tami
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Tami-great way to plan your birthday function, I know what you are talking about, trying to figure out what to eat out can be time consuming at the restaurant. With going to the pool, you can burn alot of calories, so that should help with wine and cake. Have a safe weekend and enjoy your sons 25th birthday.
  • Erica_Mahan
    Erica_Mahan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @kellycasey5‌ Thanks so much! I love your picture, that's a fabulous idea.
  • Erica_Mahan
    Options
    @rayw89‌ Thanks so much for the encouragement!
  • Erica_Mahan
    Options
    @Sandcastles61‌ Yay! This prelogging idea is brilliant. I'm so glad a found this group. I did the prelogging last night for my son's school fundraiser at Panda Express.
    I'm curious to know what you chose at the Italian place...that had to be tough!
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    @Sandcastles61‌ Yay! This prelogging idea is brilliant. I'm so glad a found this group. I did the prelogging last night for my son's school fundraiser at Panda Express.
    I'm curious to know what you chose at the Italian place...that had to be tough!

Well I am Italian, so I'm not a big fan of commercial restaurant Italian food as a whole, and pasta and breads are my biggest culprits. This restaurant has a little known low carb and gluten free menu you have to ask for, so I chose an option with just meatballs, marinara and steamed broccoli with one yummy breadstick and a glass of wine (548 cal, 16F, 48Carb, 17Protein) ~ or grilled fish with a white wine shrimp sauce, steamed broccoli, one yummy breadstick and a glass of wine (673 cal, 15F, 48Carb, 52 Protein) .

I'm definitely leaning towards the grilled fish for the protein punch to offset those carbs if you know what I mean ;) GREAT job preplanning for panda express! I definitely like their chicken and green beans :D

Tami
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options

Love your new picture, you are a very pretty girl. I wish you the best. We all seems to be doing great.. thanks for posting. this is really a nice group.
    marie

• bring444
    bring444 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join this challenge.

I'm still recovering from a bad ankle injury in December, but I can finally do some activity! I gained so weight while injured and I'd love some support getting back in shape!
  • pattykaye33
    pattykaye33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    SW 205
    CW 186
    CGW 184 (doing 5 lb goals at a time)
    UGW 140
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    That's great, pattykaye! Almost 20 lbs.!
    You're welcome! You're doing great!
    beszmytke wrote: »
    Ray - outstanding job! You know how to party the right way (*)
    Why thank you! :)
    Ray and Sparkle.. I admire your fortitude and commitment to a healthy lifestyle. Making good choices is what it takes when we are in different situations. It would have been so easy to eat more and throw in the towel!
    Thank you! It would have been so easy. Something I've started telling myself the last few days is "You don't have to eat it now because it's there, it will be there in the future and you can always seek it out one day when you're maintaining". I met a muffin today, and it was amazing. I pulled about 2 bites off of it and gave the rest to my husband. I wished I could eat the whole thing, but I knew I was already spending my calories elsewhere. And I knew, chances are, I could gain access to that muffin in the future, if I really wanted to. So no more of it today.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I think I will go to bed so I can get warm. I have been cold all day. hope I am not coming down sick again.
    See you all tomorrow.
    Marie
  • rayw89
    Options
    I hope you're not coming down with anything! I've been struggling with sore throat and major congestion every morning for the last couple of weeks.
  • rayw89
    Options
    So today is day 31 back on MFP. I can't believe it's been a whole month! In the last 31 days I have managed to lose 16.6 lbs. I need to keep reminding myself how great that is. If I continue this way I should be able to lose another 17 lbs. by the end of this Easter challenge. I had already lost some lbs. before joining the challenge, so I'm measuring my 20 lb. goal from the time I actually committed to the challenge. It would be really great if I didn't plateau in this time. And, if I successfully complete another 17 lbs. by Easter, then I'll only need to lose 10-15 lbs. for the 4th of July challenge, and then I'll be at the lightest I need to be! What an exciting concept!

I went out to breakfast with my husband this morning, and after my omelet and fresh fruit it totaled to over 800 calories. But I only ate half of the omelet for breakfast, and saved the other half and the fruit for later in the day after my workout. It's crazy how many calories people can consume without realizing it, isn't it?
    I made a pot of kale and pinto bean soup(inspired by a soup I had at Rainbow Blossom) tonight, and it comes in at approximately 107 calories per cup. I'm pretty excited to have this hanging out in my fridge for lunch or dinner.

My day starts at 7:00 tomorrow, and it probably won't end til atleast midnight, with school orientation, baby shower, and b-day party, and no time for the gym in between. So here's to being mindful and picky! :)
  • LoveListenSavour
    Options
    I'm in! I've just started with MFP and will be happy to have the motivation of all you wonderful people!

CW: 156lbs
    GW: 136lbs (I'd be happy if I get to 145!)

Good luck everyone and remember, you're all beautiful!
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, challengers! Happy Saturday and last day in February!

Marie.. I hope you're feeling warmer today and will check in soon. Did y'all get snow?

Ray..Wow! 16 pounds in a month! :D That's fantastic. Enjoy your busy/ fun day!

Love..Welcome!

Congrats to all weekend losers!

I hope everyone has a little sunshine wherever you are! B)
    Stay strong! <3

Connie

• mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Drop 20 by Easter
    SW: 237.7
    EGW: 181.9
    UGW: 163

Jan 1 -201.9
    Jan 8- 201.3 (.6 loss)
    Jan 15 200.0 (1.9)
    Jan 22 197.3 (2.7)
    Jan 29 195.8 (1.5)
    Feb 28 195.5 (.3)

Pounds to Goal: 13.6

• eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    So many wonderful posts to read and catch up on!!

Welcome to all our newbies and congratulations to all our losers!! - both too many many to mention this time round!

Despite working hard on my diet and exercise I have been staying the same, which is good I guess as I've had a slip the past week...but all the same still disappointing when you don't lose!

Keep up the good work my friends :-)

Faye
    Singapore

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Going home today and I will be behind all you losers. I did walk everyday on the beach and finished my 28 day squat challenge here on MFP. Never thought I could do it. I did feel a little knee pain afterwards this last few days. I don't think I will try the intermediate challenge.

Back at it when i get home and drinking lots of water to get all the sodium out of my system.
    I will not weigh in for a couple of days.

See you then

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good morning! So happy to see that everyone is doing well, and happy to have new members -welcome Bring444 and LoveListenSavior! When you post, would you mind signing off with your first name, so we can get to know you and call you by that? Also, there's a birthday list, so if you would like to post yours you can be added to that as well.

Marie, I hope you are feeling better today. I just saw that we are going to have a snow and ice storm beginning tomorrow night coming from South to North, so we are in for it. Just a couple inches of snow, but the ice along with it is going to make it bad.

Ray, you amaze me! Keep it going, and I like your attitude that what (not-so-good choice) you are thinking about will be there later when and if you want it! And with the soup - I keep making the cabbage soup recipe I posted and always have some in the frig <3 - it's nice for when I am in a hurry and would choose something else "fast" otherwise...

Mrsmuckster - fantastic job! It's exciting to see such great progess (*)

Shirley, welcome back and so sorry you are having to return to the cold and snow - it's poopy. I think we would all have liked to join you on the beach for a coconut drink!

Tami, Happy 25th to your son! My son Matt will be 25 on the 11th - this will be the first birthday we are not together (he's in AZ). I am making him the quilt, and will bake his favorite cookies to send him - I don't think a cake will travel that well :wink: I vote for the fish dish at the Italian restaurant! Enjoy...

Have a wonderful Saturday, all!

Belinda