Doing the laundry

Options

Replies

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    This reminds me... I gotta do the laundry... Ugh!! :confounded:

well since youve got to do it anyway ive 6 loads ready to go tomorrow i dont mind if you do mine too

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Normal daily activities are already included and shouldn't be counted.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    LOL!! Well, in that case, I can count DOUBLE... or maybe even triple the calories burned!! :laugh:
  • ruqayyahsmum
    Options
    LOL!! Well, in that case, I can count DOUBLE... or maybe even triple the calories burned!! :laugh:

pint of ice cream and a doughnut for you then!

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Wait, only the gym is exercise? WTF am I doing the T and L for?!

i have no idea what the T and the L are but i could stand to hear more about this
    Terrible Jersey Shore joke on my part.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=GTL

I'll just wait out back to be shot.

Okay, I get it now. I figured there was something I was missing :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Logging:
    45 seconds, folding 2 towels
    90 seconds, loading dryer
    10 seconds, filling detergent cup

cals burned: 6

Bro, DYEExercise? Think that through before you respond.
    wtf is exercise?

hold laundry in your arms and squat = heavy lifting
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

pint of ice cream and a doughnut for you then!

giphy.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ^Part of the reason people are wary of the forums. A simple "zero" would suffice. Rude.

people were helpful unit the OP went def con four on them and started blasting people…but i guess you did not read through the first few pages...
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    There are only 2 categories in MFP under Exercise and that is light cleaning or heavy cleaning, take your pick
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Logging:

Winning!
  • ruqayyahsmum
    Options
    lord i see people on my friends list talking about how theyve vaccumed the living room and then i see them logging it as heavy cleaning. either that one dirty *kitten* carpet youve got or you used a little hand held brush and vigarousy swept it
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder if there are just a lot of people out there who are SO sedentary that things the rest of us think of as activities of daily living look to them like herculean efforts. It's the only reasonably sane rationale I can come up with for why so many people think they should get exercise brownie points for doing the most mundane, random nonsense imaginable. Maybe vacuuming or laundry or ironing or whatever does look like exercise when your baseline is "Today I got out of bed and walked to the living room."
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Larissa_NY wrote: »
    Sometimes I wonder if there are just a lot of people out there who are SO sedentary that things the rest of us think of as activities of daily living look to them like herculean efforts. It's the only reasonably sane rationale I can come up with for why so many people think they should get exercise brownie points for doing the most mundane, random nonsense imaginable. Maybe vacuuming or laundry or ironing or whatever does look like exercise when your baseline is "Today I got out of bed and walked to the living room."

Ding, Ding, Ding. We have a winner. Pick up your box of donuts on your way out. I'm sure you burned through quite a few calories typing today. Time for a treat.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    Wait, only the gym is exercise? WTF am I doing the T and L for?!

What is this??
  • ruqayyahsmum
    Options
    Logging:

wtf is exercise?

laundry?

What's laundry? 3 days in the same boxers crew checking in.

Oh goodness, Mr. M… If I were your wife, you would NOT be getting laid.

my ex used to see boxers as a change weekly item of clothing cos he showered twice a day he figured they wernt getting dirty

he changed to wearing a new pair daily when i bought him 10 new pairs and told him he wasnt coming near me until i did a wash load containing at least 7 worn pairs

That's gross. I was actually just kidding.

just one of his many querks from how he was brought up. in the end i had to show him the door

• Liftng4Lis
    Options
    Logging:

wtf is exercise?

laundry?

What's laundry? 3 days in the same boxers crew checking in.

Oh goodness, Mr. M… If I were your wife, you would NOT be getting laid.

my ex used to see boxers as a change weekly item of clothing cos he showered twice a day he figured they wernt getting dirty

he changed to wearing a new pair daily when i bought him 10 new pairs and told him he wasnt coming near me until i did a wash load containing at least 7 worn pairs

That's gross. I was actually just kidding.

I agree!
    thw0zjc42gb7.gif
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    ummm me, i have a thing about clothes. i can only wear them once then they just have to go in the wash

Ditto. Putting on a worn old bra (or socks)? Not going to happen.
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    WakkoW wrote: »
    Larissa_NY wrote: »

Ding, Ding, Ding. We have a winner. Pick up your box of donuts on your way out. I'm sure you burned through quite a few calories typing today. Time for a treat.

I took out the trash too, those donuts better have sprinkles.

• ruqayyahsmum
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »
    ummm me, i have a thing about clothes. i can only wear them once then they just have to go in the wash

Ditto. Putting on a worn old bra (or socks)? Not going to happen.

i cant put on a worn anything, my daughters now the same way and gets thru 2 sets of clothes at least a day

the electric company loves me o a weekend with the amount of laundry i do lol