Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• SlimBride2Be2016
    SlimBride2Be2016 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm really curious, what is the purpose of the trash bag?

I sweat like a dog. (lol not literally) I wore them my first time around when I was losing weight.

Water weight with a risk of heat stroke. I'm not trying to be judgmental, but this is a bad idea.

My protein levels suck almost every day.

Augh you're right though! I'm going to go take it off right now. Screw it it's not worth it!

I wear a curves spandex suit, it fits around the belly up to the bra line, all the way down to the knees... It works if you can deal with the sweat. You'll literally be soaked under that thing but it's heat stroke chances are slim to none..stay hydrated..
  • SlimBride2Be2016
    SlimBride2Be2016 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have short term will power.. If I don't see close to instant progress or have someone motivate me to keep going other than myself, I will just give up for awhile, get depressed and there goes a extra 15lbs from eating my sorrows away..
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I am scared to quit smoking since I know I'll start compensating on food. :s

My doctor once asked why I was worrying about my weight when I wasn't going to quit smoking. He basically told me not to bother, in doctorese of course.
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I go to bed hungry some nights.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am scared to quit smoking since I know I'll start compensating on food. :s

My doctor once asked why I was worrying about my weight when I wasn't going to quit smoking. He basically told me not to bother, in doctorese of course.

Hah hah! This reminds me of a conversation I had with the doctor that performed my colonoscopy. In a follow-up visit he was discussing how diet affects health and how little colon disease there is in most Asian cultures and very few had heart disease.

Finally I asked him well then what was the common cause of death in those cultures. He said, "oh, they don't live terribly long because most of them smoke!"

55835802.png
  • uphellyaaa
    uphellyaaa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    These are some confessions about the last couple of months.
    a) I sneaked out and went to the supermarket just to buy a bag full of sweets and snacks (white chocolate bar, milk chocolate bar, bag of chips, two containers of ice cream, croissant) and ate it all in one sitting when I got back home.
    b) I hid my food stacks from everybody.
    c) When I went to get cookies or bread with cheese in the middle of the night I held my breath in order to be as quiet as possible so that nobody would wake up from my scavenger hunt through the kitchen.
    d) I ate other people's snacks and didn't say anything when they wondered where half of the food went.
    It's pretty bad, I know.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    ashypashy7 wrote: »
    I have a few.

4. I've always been fat, plus size, whatever you want to call it. It irks me when people use weight as a reason not to be happy. Being over weight never stopped me from doing or becoming anything. People assume I'm losing weight because I hate the way I look. I'm not. I'm learning to be healthy to be a good role model for my daughter. I love myself and it's time to take care of myself better.

Exactly how I feel
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Remember that Seinfeld episode, where George is at a party and he sees a half eaten eclair in the trash (on a paper plate, not touching any other trash) and he takes it out and eats it?

I've done that.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    About 7 years ago when I first moved out and got my own place I would survive on an apple and diet coke for lunch and a weight watchers ready meal for dinner. My Saturday treat was a jacket potato with cheese and beans and a bar of chocolate. I did this for about 6 months and it was a miserable time. I don't know why I ever put myself through that and when I finally realised I couldn't keep it up and caved it just lead to one big binge that kept on going and I gained tons of weight. I think I couldn't stop binging because my body was so scared of being starved again!

Why did you do this?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I forgot to brush my teeth this morning. Realized when I was about halfway to work and I'm feeling pretty gross...

This happened to me once, and it was enough to traumatize me. I now keep a toothbrush (several actually), a tube of toothpaste, floss pics and a bottle of mouthwash in my drawer at work. I always have floss and mouthwash in my bag too for whenever I am not home.....
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options

I CANT SLEEP IF I'M HUNGRY. MAYBE HAVE A CHEESE STICK :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I know everyone does what works for them, but I don't like that people don't input their weight gains. It's part of the process; you're not always going to lose. I do it because I want to be completely honest with myself. I can look at the date/week of the gain and see where I went wrong. I gained 1.4 lbs last week because I ate like crap all week. I was disappointed in myself, but I put it in anyway. Now, I'm back to where I was two weeks ago. That misstep pushed me do better this week.

I look at it differently. I never have gains from overeating. They're from water. I can easily add 5-10 lbs of water in a few days, then lose it again a few days later. Posting a 6 lb loss twice a week seems dishonest, and counterproductive. I'd rather stick to what I know are actual fat losses, so I can keep adjusting my macros accurately.

Same here. But I'll update my weight if my lowest one month is higher than my lowest the previous month (I'm mostly maintaining at this point). Because then I know it's a real weight gain (I'm guessing this month, probably).

My kids wanted to try the Halloween cake molds that my mom brought them. So I volunteered to help them make little chocolate cakes, you know, to make sure my recipe was good. But somehow it didn't give me enough of a chocolate fix (WTF?) and I went and had a Lindt chocolate afterwards. I'm hopeless.

(Also, little cake molds are cute, but frankly useless for cakes that rise. Is there even such thing as a recipe for cupcakes that don't rise?).
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

I do, too, especially on Saturday nights since I weigh myself on Sunday morning.
  • Italian_Buju
    edited March 2015
    Options
    chubbard9 wrote: »

3. Non-weight loss: I've complained for months and months on end about my brother's cat... But when he's not around, I treat the cat like he's my child, and show him bundles of love and feed him even though i refuse to feed him when anyone else is around(it's my brother's cat, he should feed him)... And then complain about the cat when my brother's home... I think this is due from the fact that I wanted a cat for years, and was always told "no", but my brother brings a kitten home, and it's suddenly cool... Not.

Sometimes it just happens that way.....you can't take it personally. My daughter asked for a cat for YEARS and I always said no because I did not want a cat. Last July my friend found a five week old kitten abandoned outside and asked me to keep her overnight as her older cat is aggressive.....the cat is still here. LOL

My daughter left for Uni in the fall, she was not impressed that she asked for a cat forever and then we got one five weeks before she left for school. It was not planned, it just happened....it really had nothing to do with her, and more to do with this kitten that stole our hearts......

As a parent, I would find it odd that you wanted a cat for so long, and now its in the house and you complain about it. It would make me feel like you do not know what you want, and glad I did not get you a cat if you are only going to complain about it......
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Whenever I see this commercial, I get sad. Poor cinnamon roll. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=521aR1p0pWc
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    schonton wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    schonton wrote: »
    I really am thinking about not going to this ball tomorrow.
    i don't have a date. Pretty much all of my other friends going have a SO
    I look ugh in this dress and I have shapewear on. I hate it i feel all hard and stuff. Like I can't dance with anyone in this they will instantly know i have this thing on the moment they touch me.
    i don't know what I'm doing for makeup.
    but i spent like 80 bucks total for this.
    and i was all excited just a few days ago.
    I just want to go to the gym and do other things not sit around uncomfortably looking at people I don't know.

I'm confused about why you have a guy in your avatar if you're a girl.

I hate social events though so I totally get it.

It's meme from MTV. Where celebrities read outloud the mean things people tweet about them. The guy is a rapper named Big Sean

I assumed this whole time you were the guy in the picture......
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Whenever I see this commercial, I get sad. Poor cinnamon roll. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=521aR1p0pWc
    Why would anyone do that to a cinnamon roll? :open_mouth: The cereal probably has as much sugar in anyway.

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    I gave up chocolate for Lent this year and its been REALLY hard.....I cannot wait until Easter, I am going to have a large piece of chocolate for dessert that night!!
  • schonton
    schonton Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It's ok. lol. only thing i have in common with him is skin tone.
  • schonton
    schonton Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I really don't know how to do this weightloss thing. Like I workout and try to keep track of what I eat but it's just not going anywhere. In fact it seems to be going in reverse. I'm not as strong as I used to be.