March 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on healing the ankle, so I'm doing more walking than running, but I'll hit 75 miles this month if I have to crawl...
    exercise.png

3/1 - 2.25 miles - walking, and another 2.25 miles - walking

• cooter_mom
    cooter_mom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm in again. I'm going to up my goal this month to 70. And I just realized I totally forgot to log my last run for feb! And it was a PR too. Dagnabbit!!! Hahahah
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    In for 35 miles - hopefully more!

3/1 - 4 miles

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wp4mvpr/exercise.png [\img][/img]
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    3/1 - 3.1 on the treadmill (see what I did there...)

exercise.png

@Runningmischka‌ - that's fantastic that you're running all the way up until you can't anymore. :)
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @autumnblade75 : Wow, you sound pretty determined. I'm sure you'll rock this month!

My first run of the month is done! I hope the first day isn't too early to start spamming this thread with running pictures :p

The sun was shining, so I decided to make use of the nice weather and visit a deer park. They also have some peacocks there, and nice foresty pathes. I would go there more often, if that didn't involve facing the Stairs of Doom.
    lauvhq0hccgy.jpg
    frovjct623un.jpg

Nicely enough, the sun even hung around for a few minutes after the rain started pouring down at the end of the run, so I was treated to a rainbow too.
    k4x0h6vlvetj.jpg

01.03.15 - 13.0 km
    13.0 km done (of 100km)

exercise.png
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    March 1--- 6 miles

Done: 6 miles
    Goal: 220 miles
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options

exercise.png

March 1 - I'm happy with my start for March. I'm running with dreams of our end-of-month Vegas trip in mind. (Actually don't think there are palm trees in Vegas; however, a money ticker seemed too shallow, lol.)
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    (*) Hello & Welcome to all the new runners! (*)
    Because I am that person I posted this in the February Challenge before I remembered there's a new thread. :D
    @ddmom0811 Excellent 5K! 3rd in your age group is exciting!
    @Runningmischka 3rd trimester already- it's so great to see you still running! Trust your body; you'll know if you're doing too much.
    @cooter_mom congrats on your end of February PR!
    @gabbo34 Glad you liked the video. Chi Running concepts have gone a long way towards improving my runs.
    @_nikkiwolf_ The deer park pics are stunning- You understand this inquiring mind needs to know more about the Stairs of Doom.
    _Date___ Miles
    Mar 1 ___3.5am 7°F + 6.1pm 26°F - it's almost maple sugar weather!
    Mar2 ___
    Month total= 9.6miles __155.4remaining__

exercise.png

Current Streak: 189days = 1184.8miles
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @fabnine : Well, as the name suggests, the Stairs of Doom are stairs. Really long ones. And I always end up running them three times:
    I map my route so I run uphill on the streets going to the park and would only have to go done the stairs. While I'm doing that, I ask myself something like "seriously? you aren't even trying to run up the stairs?"; so of course, once I get down, I immediately turn around and try running back up.
    Haven't yet made it all the way up without walking (I run the first 100 steps, walk 10 steps, try to run as many more as I can, then drag myself up the last bit). Of course, by the end of that exercise I'm on the wrong end of the stairs again, so I add another km through the park to recover, then go down again.

I haven't yet managed to count the steps exactly, since I keep getting distracted (by where I put my feet on the way down; by trying to get more oxygen into my lungs on the way up); but it's roughly 240 steps. And I really feel them the next day...
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @runningmischka wow that time went fast! Love the stroller :-)
    @_nikkiwolf_ how beautiful I love the pictures
    @gabbo34 I see what you did there :star:
    @fabnine love the 2 runs in one day
    Welcome @kellyframe31
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    This is a good audience to mention ... I ran on the treadmill today - 7 miles - and it occurred to me during my periodic (rare) moments of quiet mental clarity and untangled knots of everyday life ... wouldn't it be great if people realized how beneficial running is for those (including kids) with attention-related issues ... do I make too much of this, or do others experience the same benefit? Those moments during a run are some of the most peaceful moments of my life. Maybe more appropriate for the general forums ... but anyway ...

Happy to be part of the group for March. :)
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for March
    3/1 6.5 miles - 6.5 <<<< 1.5 w/u plus 8K race

exercise.png

University of Alabama Huntsville Spring Road Race 8K
    Time: 36:20 avg pace 7:19; 45th OA 5/6 AG

This was a bib tear off cheap race (Free for being an Huntsville Track Club member) and not chipped timed. So official finishing times are not very scientific. I was beating everyone all race from my running group, but just barely for a couple. At the last turn, one of my buddies comes sprinting past me and I decide to gun it and I catch up and we end up just about neck to neck at the finish. Officially they had him beating me by 1 sec. The 3rd,4th, and 5th placers in my AG where all pretty tight. They had my buddy tieing for third and he gets a gift card to the local running store. One of those, right there in your hands situations. Teaches me to not give up so early towards the end. On a good note, my first mile was a 6:31 split. Fastest mile I ever ran. Need to learn to sustain it.

Anyway, here is a pic before my race decked out in my gold and white outfit.

11008046_901282416590839_997018284_n.jpg
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @Stoshew71‌ LOL! Cutest outfit ever!

Well with the purchase of a treadmill today I figured I'd get some practice in on the one at the Y. Its going to take me some time to get the hang of it. My left leg/foot isn't keen on indoor running. Lots of rehab still to do I guess.. Least til I give in to surgery.

Just 2 miles and an hours swim.

exercise.png
  • dfnewcombe
    dfnewcombe Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 60 this month.
  • eshults89
    eshults89 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

exercise.png

March 1: 12.4 miles done
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm in for 40 miles. Started running a couple of months ago, have done 30 miles for each of those months, so I'd like to try going a bit further this month. Started with an easy 1.8 today.

exercise.png

• goodlookin229
    goodlookin229 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf - LOVE the pictures! Wow, just amazing
    @runningmischka - I love the stroller picture too! I agree with skippygirlsmom - your pregnancy is flying by for us!
    @fabnine - I have been researching the Chi running and think I am pretty much doing it. There is a local person here in Orlando that trains in it, but it's $150 for a couple hours. But since I think I'm doing it okay, I don't want to pay that. I just have trouble with abs - I mean how can I engage them when I'm breathing! :) I downloaded the app for $9.99 or something crazy (!) but have barely used it because it just bores me. The calm voice tells you what to do but I just can't get into it. Need my music.
    @4leighbee - lol, I think money would be okay for your ticker. :)
    @stoshew71 - WOW! That's a great time!