Online Dating

Options

Replies

• Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    So tired of first emails that just say - "Write if you are interested"

You're lucky to get a complete sentence! The majority of first emails I get are "Hi" or just a phone number. What am I supposed to do with that? lol
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Dragn77 wrote: »
    So tired of first emails that just say - "Write if you are interested"

You're lucky to get a complete sentence! The majority of first emails I get are "Hi" or just a phone number. What am I supposed to do with that? lol

The only things I received were either 'hi/hey' or 'DTF? Ur hot, waanna meetup for some fun?' messages. I think I may have gotten a few obvious copy and pasted super-long greeting messages, but even something that "good" was rare.
  • Dragn77
    Options
    Oh I cant stand those c&p... you can just tell, because theres a whole novel, yet not a word in there says a thing about what interested them about me. I like when someone makes a comment about something in my profile, or one of my pics (other than...baby, you are so beautiful" ok...)

I had one guy send me a resume of his attributes and relationship history (yes, he called it his dating resume) followed by about 20 interview questions for me...that included stuff like how many children I wanted to have, how long I think is an appropriate amount of time to date before marriage, would I consider living together before marriage...

I deleted and blocked him so fast...........!
  • CherokeeBabe
    edited March 2015
    Options

I had one guy send me a resume of his attributes and relationship history (yes, he called it his dating resume) followed by about 20 interview questions for me...that included stuff like how many children I wanted to have, how long I think is an appropriate amount of time to date before marriage, would I consider living together before marriage...

I deleted and blocked him so fast...........!

Sounds like you met one of my Exs on a dating site XD Wasn't an online relationship or anything, but he did email me a huge list of extremely detailed questions about the future when we'd only been dating two months. Included everything from politics, stances on abortions, drugs, a large amount of sexual kinks, even things like if I agreed that 'a womans place is in the kitchen and supporting her husband in all things that he wants and desires, without question.' I was barely 18 at the time and it freaked me out for awhile. I never answered most of them and he figured out that he was coming on too strong. Ultimately, there's a good reason for him being an 'Ex' now. LOL
  • Dragn77
    Options
    Yeah.... I think he's on Match now, didn't learn his lesson lmfao
  • CherokeeBabe
    Options
    Yeah.... I think he's on Match now, didn't learn his lesson lmfao

Quite possible, he mentioned having tried Match.com for dating before he and I met at a wedding. Scary.
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I met my husband online. The only reason I agreed to meet with him was that his message to me was grammatically correct, and actually intelligent sounding. Considering 99% of the messages sent to me previously were some variation of "hey baby..." it was really refreshing to have someone put some effort in. Or at least effort that wasn't completely centred around getting me into bed, or send nude pictures.

Interesting point, So the way we message and how distinctive our style is can make a lot f difference.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I think my sense of humor gets in my way.
  • kershaann
    kershaann Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    kershaann wrote: »
    He was a 27 year old virgin..........enough said

I don't see the issue

Neither do I

Me either.

Virgin territory is not my cup of tea!
  • needernt
    Options
    When dating online, Do you think when is the best time to ask the other person out which is not too soon or late?
    I mean not to appear so pushy and turn the other one off, or maybe we should wait for the other person to ask us out?
  • CherokeeBabe
    Options
    needernt wrote: »
    When dating online, Do you think when is the best time to ask the other person out which is not too soon or late?
    I mean not to appear so pushy and turn the other one off, or maybe we should wait for the other person to ask us out?

Seems like that would be on a case-by-case basis depending on how well you're meshing with and getting to know the person. Everyone is different. Basic comfort levels are important and the time needed to get there could easily vary a lot.
  • needernt
    Options

Seems like that would be on a case-by-case basis depending on how well you're meshing with and getting to know the person. Everyone is different. Basic comfort levels are important and the time needed to get there could easily vary a lot.

It is more complicated than I thought :o
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    eggcluck wrote: »
    I tried dating websites for a couple of years, got no dates. I spent hours reading profiles and writing a custom message for each profile, in those two years I think only about three people bothered to give me a reply.

"I will reply to anyone that takes the time to write me a decent message and not just <Hi> I ignore those people". Saw a few of those profiles, of course they never replied to me, got my blond haired blue eyed brother just to send a <Hi> ,....they replied with an essay.

They're not interested bro.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    kershaann wrote: »
    He was a 27 year old virgin..........enough said

So the issue here is he's clean?

• Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    gosh so many horror stories...

so glad i never get these type of guys :)
  • yopeeps025
    Options

You have some interesting questions. I cannot tell if it's sarcasm or genuine just don't know. MY answer though is do not put these women in a one size fits all.
  • needernt
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

You have some interesting questions. I cannot tell if it's sarcasm or genuine just don't know. MY answer though is do not put these women in a one size fits all.

Women are complicated!
  • Dragn77
    edited March 2015
    Options

Example 1: A guy I ended contact with 2 days ago... First email, he says he likes my profile, asks me for my number so that we can talk and meet. I replied saying Id rather get to know him a bit before giving out my number. Next email, tells me about his day..then says, now can I have your number? Then he tells me about his and his moms health problems, and again, now can I get your number? Every email, about one a week for a month was some random boring info then a request for my number. He never got it. - btw, in all of this, he never once asked anything about me.

Example 2: A guy comments on something in my profile, asks me a few questions. I reply, answered, asked a few about him. By the second round of emails, I was looking forward to his reply, like eager to get to know him better cause every email made me smile. By the third, when he asked if we could hear each others voices, I was like YES heres my digits! Call me! And we ended up meeting within a week of our first email.

Basically, it comes down to how well you click with each other. If you're at the point where you are excited to hear from her, and she seems excited to hear from you too...convo by email is effortless then yeah, go for it! Otherwise, wait until that happens...could be one email, could be a handful. But I think if after a few emails the exchange is still lackluster and boring..then cut your losses.

Not too complicated I dont think! lol
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options

Example 1: A guy I ended contact with 2 days ago... First email, he says he likes my profile, asks me for my number so that we can talk and meet. I replied saying Id rather get to know him a bit before giving out my number. Next email, tells me about his day..then says, now can I have your number? Then he tells me about his and his moms health problems, and again, now can I get your number? Every email, about one a week for a month was some random boring info then a request for my number. He never got it.

Example 2: A guy comments on something in my profile, asks me a few questions. I reply, answered, asked a few about him. By the second round of emails, I was looking forward to his reply, like eager to get to know him better cause every email made me smile. By the third, when he asked if we could hear each others voices, I was like YES heres my digits! Call me! And we ended up meeting within a week of our first email.

Basically, it comes down to how well you click with each other. If you're at the point where you are excited to hear from her, and she seems excited to hear from you too...convo by email is effortless then yeah, go for it! Otherwise, wait until that happens...could be one email, could be a handful. But I think if after a few emails the exchange is still lackluster and boring..then cut your losses.

Not too complicated I dont think! lol

The bold made me think of this:

Time_can-I-have-yo-numba.jpg

lol
  • Dragn77
    Options

Women are complicated!

I think men are!! LoL Last night, a guy sent me a wink. I emailed saying thanks for the wink and asked how he was doing tonight. The next few emails were me asking him questions, and him replying in one curt sentence..if he hadnt made the first move, Id think he wasnt interested *at all!!!*

Finally, I told him if hes interested to know anything about me, to please ask! I told him its making me feel nosey being the only one asking any questions. In response, he said hes shy until he warms up and gets to know someone.

So Im uber confused..how is he supposed to get to know me..if he doesnt ask me anything and just replies to my questions with one sentence emails? Lol So Im just supposed to keep on interrogating him til he feels like partaking in a conversation? A lot of guys do that though.