Almond Milk vs. Skim Milk

Options
1234568»

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Those baby cows (calves) are also gaining lean muscle mass and strong bones from mama's milk.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    Skim milk is full of sugar

Specifically, lactose, 5 grams per 100 grams of milk. Big whoop. Do you also avoid peaches?
    and cows milk is made to fatten up baby cows.

Do you imagine that the fact that baby cows drink cow milk means that the calories in it are super-calories and have an effect beyond what you might otherwise expect from their contents? How does this work precisely? I'm interested.

I feel like I should drink milk so I can be a super cow- opposed to just a boring heifer like I am now. ;)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The logic (or lack thereof) of using the 'it's intended to turn a calf into a 1,000lb cow' baffles me.

1) it does not have 'special' make you fatter than other 'calorie' calories
    2) calves drink about 10 liters a day - of full fat milk - thats 42 cups - which is over 6,000 calories a day!!
    3) calves also gain weight pretty early on, and maintain that weight, eating grass. Using the (non) logic - we should also avoid plat based foods! I mean, some of the biggest animals in the world eat solely, or primarily, a plant based diet!

Logic...
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    The logic (or lack thereof) of using the 'it's intended to turn a calf into a 1,000lb cow' baffles me.

1) it does not have 'special' make you fatter than other 'calorie' calories
    2) calves drink about 10 liters a day - of full fat milk - thats 42 cups - which is over 6,000 calories a day!!
    3) calves also gain weight pretty early on, and maintain that weight, eating grass. Using the (non) logic - we should also avoid plat based foods! I mean, some of the biggest animals in the world eat solely, or primarily, a plant based diet!

Logic...

logic is fun...if ALL animal proteins cause cancer and heart disease then it begs the question of why anyone with a plant based lifestyle would breast feed...
  • CJDaniel7
    CJDaniel7 Posts: 149 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The Charms
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Silk Unsweetened
    NLEAs_272_PAlmd_UnSwtOrig_HG.jpeg
    this new 30cal silk almond milk SUCKS. it has an odd taste that isn't noticeable with the 40 cal that this replaced at my grocery. Do they still make 60 cal? I could cut it with water. This is depressing because I was really liking the taste of almond milk before they fiddled with it. I might have to try skim! gaaaa..
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I can't drink the unsweetened almond milk blaaah. I ended up throwing it away :disappointed: