Replies

• Danni_peck
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it.
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Kenea993 wrote: »
    And congratulations to all losers! Ray you are so inspiring!

Jordan
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! That is so sweet of you to say that. You are the second person to tell me that, and it's so surprising to me. I don't think I've ever inspired anyone before. But, I am thrilled to do so. :)
    You all are inspiring to me! It's so great to see such a large group of people so committed to this process, and each other.

kellycasey: I think inches are probably even better than pounds! You're doing great!

kook417: Welcome! Don't worry if you don't get to the 15-20 lb. mark by Easter, we'll be starting a new challenge right after for the 4th of July!
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    rayw89 wrote: »
    While I was there I was able to drop over 20 lbs (since Dec)!
    SW 266
    Started Challenge at 239
    CW 220
    GW 219
    19 pounds lost.1 pound to go!!!!
    WOO!!! Great job, guys!
    I, too, am 1 lb. from 20 lbs. lost so far. It's a great place to be!

Thanks! Congrats to you!!! This is only a minor goal for me. I still have a long long long ways to go lol But it feels good to hit any goal! :)

You have really got a tremendous start keep it up. We love having you with us.

marie

Thank you! i wish I was more active on here but I joined a biggest loser challenge and it takes up all my MFP time lol
  • pattykaye33
    pattykaye33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    OK, I am down almost two holes in belt...I like it.....happy dance :D
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options

how amazing. Patty That is wonderful news I try on a pair of jeans yesterday and they are too tight they are Capri so when it gets warmer maybe I can wear them. they look brand new so I probable never been able to wear them. Going wash 'em and try again at Easter.

You younger ones really know how to lose weight. Go girls Go We have probable have some men here too who are doing good. Too. wish they would come out of the closet So we can see you All of you starker's Talk to us

<3 Marie.

• karleeoc
    karleeoc Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'll try doing it with you, you can add me :) I'm a lil late in the game but I just might be able to do it :)
  • karleeoc
    karleeoc Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My starting weight it 238 lets make it 218 by Easter ;)
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options

how amazing. Patty That is wonderful news I try on a pair of jeans yesterday and they are too tight they are Capri so when it gets warmer maybe I can wear them. they look brand new so I probable never been able to wear them. Going wash 'em and try again at Easter.

You younger ones really know how to lose weight. Go girls Go We have probable have some men here too who are doing good. Too. wish they would come out of the closet So we can see you All of you starker's Talk to us

<3 Marie.

You will get in those capris, Marie!
    The "young" ones have the advantage of losing it faster than us older folk because their metabolisms are faster AND they have so many more resources, like MFP, at their disposal. <3 They are so fortunate to be doing it the right way now!
  • CALIECAT
    Options

<3 Marie.

You will get in those capris, Marie!
    The "young" ones have the advantage of losing it faster than us older folk because their metabolisms are faster AND they have so many more resources, like MFP, at their disposal. <3 They are so fortunate to be doing it the right way now!

Connie I lost all of my weight back in 1969 thru WW. Got down to 125 the first thing I did was to go to Dairy queen and got a hamburger. They had no maintance plan back then Don't know whether they do now or not. They just told us we could have fish sticks now as they were called then. It was one of the early classes If we stick to the one one one we should not have that problems. I have not read anything on maintance yet. Plenty of time for that much later.
    Marie

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh, Marie... Then you remember eating liver once a week! :( See, I have been on this roller coaster a LONG time. I was a chubby kid.
    You are right..no maintenance plan was ever given, but with 1:1:1, once you reach goal, just add calories slowly until you stop losing. That sounds so strange "stop losing"...will it ever happen???

It's a long ways for me, too...but we can do it!

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Yes connie I remember. and I love liver and onions if somebody else cook it. But at that time we could not fried it. I did cook it but kind of hope My cat would come along But I had fun. .There was 4 of us girls going and since it was the first class in Dallas we all learn together like we are doing now. .
    marie
  • rayw89
    Options
    Nice!!

Marie, it sounds like those capris will be perfect for Easter. I have a pair of capris I'm hoping to fit into when it *finally* gets warm too.

I have one pair of jeans that currently fit me, and not only are they fitting larger now, but they actually look really big to me now when I hold them up. I have another pair of jeans that were my only fitting ones before I gained more weight(for some reason they started shrinking last year :P), and I'm going to try them on this Friday to see how they're fitting these days. I'm supposed to go out Saturday night to support a friend's band, so it would be nice to fit into a different pair of jeans and not be bulgey or tight.

Connie, you're right about the metabolism in younger people. I think I would have ended up a lot heavier if it weren't for having a decent metabolism. It's really important to me to get in good shape and keep it that way for several years, so that when I start having kids it will hopefully be easier to get rid of pregnancy weight, and not have "baby weight" when my future babies are starting school. If things go according to plan, I won't be having kids til I'm in my 30's, so I feel like that alone will make weight loss afterward a little harder.

karleeoc: Welcome aboard! Twenty pounds is a lot to lose in 4 weeks, so don't be too hard on yourself if it's not reached by Easter. Just keep going on into the 4th of July challenge! I think I find that one even more exciting than the Easter one, haha.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    karleeoc wrote: »
    My starting weight it 238 lets make it 218 by Easter ;)

That sound like a nice figure. go for it. We are all behind you karleeoc you can do it or At least make a real good head start you may not make the 20 lbs but whatever you lose is a victory. We will be here for you. <3 MARIE
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    rayw89 wrote: »
    Nice!!

Marie, it sounds like those capris will be perfect for Easter. I have a pair of capris I'm hoping to fit into when it *finally* gets warm too.

I have one pair of jeans that currently fit me, and not only are they fitting larger now, but they actually look really big to me now when I hold them up. I have another pair of jeans that were my only fitting ones before I gained more weight(for some reason they started shrinking last year :P), and I'm going to try them on this Friday to see how they're fitting these days. I'm supposed to go out Saturday night to support a friend's band, so it would be nice to fit into a different pair of jeans and not be bulgey

Ray.........

you are a fantastic cheerleader. So cheerful and so kind to everybody....love your attitude
    Don't change a thing about you. A breath of fresh air. to our thread
    Marie

• rayw89
    Options
    Awww. <3 I'm happy to be here.
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Connie and Marie---I am also a lifetime member of WW. Been there, done that and am back here to get it right this time.
    Marie, you are going to look great in those capri pants on Easter.
    We are on the right track this time. Although we are older, we still have all we need to get where we want to be!!!
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Mind over matter Nancy. We are Going to get where we want to go. Right? With the help of all of these younsters. our little Angels
    marie
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Morning All

I am 31 and struggle losing, so it's not just an age related problem :-)

I really am not sure where I am going wrong lately?? I have stepped up my fitness and eating under 1000 calories a day but nothing is happening with the scales???

I haven't lost hope (yet) and I know I am making good life choices but it can still be a bit frustrating at times

But hey I am still smiling and feeling inspired by you all :-)

I love reading all your success stories

Faye

• rayw89
    Options
    I'm not sure if 1,000 is enough, Faye. I hear if you eat under 1,000 and do a lot of exercise, your body goes into "starvation mode", and you won't see the scale budge. I'd recommend eating atleast 1,100 a day, and see if it helps.
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Sunnyfarm wrote: »
    Yay. I have finally made it to the 160's. Today I'm down 1.4 lbs since my last weigh in which I think was 2 Fridays agos.

I hope this helps someone else. <3

SW 181
    CW 169.4
    GW 160

You are doing AWESOME :D. You know what they say.... You have to love yourself first <3. And we are all behind you every step of the way!

Tami