20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Belinda - you are always so encouraging to everyone - thank you!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I think MFP is mess up this morning or is it me. very well be yes a mess of white stuff out there connie.It is 28 degree now and should get up to 34 soon. and start melting tis stuff. The cars are having a rough go of it again this morning. and the big trucks I don't ever remember going thru a Februarys like this one.before.. it is warmer in my computer and sewing room than in our southroom where the family room is. it could be I keep the door shut and all the warm air stays in here

I had a hot bowl of oatmeals tis morning..with 1 T of flax meal and 2 slices of bacon.

marie
  • Shestepmed88
    Shestepmed88 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hope I'm not to late I would love to join this challange !!
    SW:230
    CW:225
    This week lost 5lbs
    GW:210 (By easter that is )
    Finally recommit my self to getting healthy again.
    So motivated by all of your weight loss and encouraging words keep up the good work and let's say BYE TO THOSE 20 !!!!
  • titianwasp
    titianwasp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hey All,

You are such an inspiration with your 20 pounds by Easter challenge. I have never done one of these, but do you mind if I join you all as you are starting the next one? My husband is having his graduation party at the end of May, and I'd love to be rocking a much smaller size by then. I travel for work, so I do eat out - usually healthfully, but exercising on the road (usually working on demos and presentations in my hotel room) tends to be hard to fit in.

I am hoping that joining a group, I will keep focused when work gets crazy.

SW: 165
    CW: 147.6
    GW: 129

Thanks everyone!
    Muffy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    titianwasp wrote: »
    Hey All,

You are such an inspiration with your 20 pounds by Easter challenge. I have never done one of these, but do you mind if I join you all as you are starting the next one? My husband is having his graduation party at the end of May, and I'd love to be rocking a much smaller size by then. I travel for work, so I do eat out - usually healthfully, but exercising on the road (usually working on demos and presentations in my hotel room) tends to be hard to fit in.

I am hoping that joining a group, I will keep focused when work gets crazy.

SW: 165
    CW: 147.6
    GW: 129

Thanks everyone!
    Muffy

muffy what a cute name I like that. sure you are welcome We love to have you. and wish you the best of luck. it can be done. But really will take some planing
    to do.
    If you want it bad enouht you and do it We will behind you cheering you along the way
    Marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Hope I'm not to late I would love to join this challange !!
    SW:230
    CW:225
    This week lost 5lbs
    GW:210 (By easter that is )
    Finally recommit my self to getting healthy again.
    So motivated by all of your weight loss and encouraging words keep up the good work and let's say BYE TO THOSE 20 !!!!

You are well on your way Sure lets say good bye to those ugly 20 lbs. Congrats on the 5 pounds fantastic

marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    We have a birthday today. like to have forgot it/

Kokomo1950--Rosie--February 28-- San Antonio, Texas
    I don't tink she as been posting so I will wend her a PN to wish her a happy birthday.

happy birthday Rosie have a great day.
    Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good Morning to All. Hope your Saturday is great.
    I plan on doing some house cleaning and not much else.
    Should be getting warmer today and that is nice.
    Staying strong and focused on my One One One Plan.
    Marie, Hope you stay warm today.
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    here is our birthday list for March
    I could not get rosie a Pm off. Said unknown user

BJRDmom ---Diane ---March 1

beszmytk-- Belinda - March 4 - Plymouth, MI

I'm burns123--March 22

JLoRuthie--Ruthie--March 24--Austria

Barbiecat--Barbie --March 25 -- Northwest Washington

JaniceClark08--March 28--Shepherdsville, KY

Marie
  • Tulip9
    Tulip9 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    That's great PattyKaye! 5 pounds at a time seems like a good idea.
  • GrayBon
    GrayBon Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    U forgot me I'm March 27th
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a chance to read all the updates yet, but things are going well so far on this busy day.
    At school orientation they had drinks and snacks for us, and guess what they had? Boxes and boxes of chocolate glazed donuts(the best kind of donuts), a variety of sodas, mini bags of Doritos and potato chips, and did I mention the platter of Easter candy? Yes, that's right. And you know what I find most appealing about Easter candy? All the pretty pastel colored wrappers. I think that's really why the candy is hard to pass up, as if it's going to taste better than normal because of the pretty little wrappers. They also had coffee and water, so I chose coffee with two creamers. And there was 1 Nutrigrain bar left, and mini bags of Goldfish. So I grabbed the Nutrigrain bar and a Goldfish baggy for later. I took one small nibble off the top of my husband's donut, to satisfy my "curiosity".
    I also ended up with some free time after orientation, so I was just able to spend an hour in the gym. I'm pretty happy about that because I know I'll let myself have a small piece of cake at the bday party tonight. Now off to run some errands before the shower and party begin!

Happy Saturday everyone!
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Muffy and Tryin2behealthy! We all joined at different stages, and so not everyone will have time to get the 20 off before Easter, but the good news is (A) any pounds you lose will make you a winner, and (B) we are starting a new challenge immediately after, for the 4th of July! I think someone mentioned calling it Fit for the Fourth, which sounds great!

Tryin2, will you tell us your name in your next post, please? It is so nice to be able to put a name to the face!

Diane, Happy Birthday tomorrow - I love weekend birthdays :smiley:

Ray, OMG chocolate donuts...I don't know if I could have been strong enough to hold out >:) !! Good for you, getting to the gym in between!

Going to go watch the 2nd period of the Red Wings game!

Belinda
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2015
    Options

Sorry graybon. Barbiecat was keeping up with our birthday list and she found she did not have time to do so anymore But she got us off to a nice start. but if someone want to take over it . They are welcome to it. I don't think I can do it without messing it all up.
    Marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Sorry graybon. Barbiecat was keeping up with our birthday list and she found she did not have time to do so anymore But she got us off to a nice start. but if someone want to take over it . They are welcome to it. I don't think I can do it without messing it all up.

• LoveListenSavour
    Options
    Wow! What a nice group of people! I'm excited to see what happens this month.

Today I went running around a park near my house. The sun was so bright and big today, hard to believe it's still February! I enjoyed watching the children's soccer game as I ran around the track that surrounds the perimeter of the park. Seeing so many people enjoying the fine weather makes me so happy.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!
    - Delia
  • dragonqueen54
    Options
    I'd like to join you Caliecat I'm Dragonqueen54 I weight 257 right now just joined
    I'm Debbie CNY bummer all winter got lazy just cleaning :'(
  • dragonqueen54
    Options
    like to get too 200 by 20th ann. in end of july
  • IllBeBack1Day
    IllBeBack1Day Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Good mornings ladies and gents. there is no rules to follow just be kind and courteous
    Keep up with the high standards of MFP you are all welcome to join me.. I am just a plain old 84 year old granny. and I need strong motivation's <3 ((hugs)) . <3 Marie

Awe. That s so cute. Good luck w your goal. I am doin the opposite or else id join you :)
  • IllBeBack1Day
    IllBeBack1Day Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hopefully everyone is following your plan to lose 20 lbs by Easter/ I am still on course. And working my plan hard to achieved my goal. No one but me can do it for me. you guys give me the motivations to stick with it. Tomorrow is my Weigh in day.
    Good luck to everyone.
    Marie

You can do it !!!believe in yourself