Can you really eat a burger?

Options

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    geez who knew a burger question would generate ten pages of this ….lolz..

I don't think OP ever came back ….and probably never will

He did, and announced he'd be eating cow tonight.

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I will take a Jake's Wayback Burger over Five Guys any day.

Jakes_2013Menu.1.jpg

^ 'Merica.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    geez who knew a burger question would generate ten pages of this ….lolz..

I don't think OP ever came back ….and probably never will

He did, and announced he'd be eating cow tonight.

well then thats a win ...
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Merkavar wrote: »
    All the burger I have seen so far in this thread look bad. They would be good for like 1/4 or 1/2 of the burger but I'm guessing I would get sick of the meat cheese grease combo.

Here is a real burger, comes with chips, not fries.
    rtubt7qh2gae.jpg
    BONDI BURGER™
    Bondi Burger (Triple Fillet) with chilli

Made the same way since back in the day - with three fresh-grilled 100% chicken breast fillets, crisp lettuce, cheese, creamy mayo and Oporto's legendary chilli sauce. Epic.

3310 kJ
    The average adult daily intake is 8700kJ

Want to know how you know when you are completely wrong? Scroll down...............

Even he is shocked.............

25a4476163e6371cdee6c485d4e2d68e8a8ee72ee9c7fbda346d312d09ede03b.jpg

How am I wrong?

You guys sound crazy or narrow minded when it comes to burgers

Dude, DYEAmerica?

Dyeamerica? What?

Adding to the idea you're crazy :p

Maybe speak in whole words

DYEInternetAcronyms?

Do you even? I didn't think that was a common enough phrase to need an acronym but still doesn't explain why I was wrong.

Or are you just going to respond with more useless acronyms?

If so don't bother. In here for serios conversations about burgers, beef, chicken, lamb, lentil, even tofu burgers

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I will take a Jake's Wayback Burger over Five Guys any day.

Jakes_2013Menu.1.jpg

^ 'Merica.

What is this triple triple business!!!? oh my
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    All the burger I have seen so far in this thread look bad. They would be good for like 1/4 or 1/2 of the burger but I'm guessing I would get sick of the meat cheese grease combo.

rtubt7qh2gae.jpg

No, that is not a burger. That is a chicken filet sandwich. Not a burger.

Its called a Bondi burger. Looks more like a burger than a sandwich.

If you replace the chicken with beef would it be a beef sandwich? No that would be ridiculous. So is the idea that chicken can't be a burger.

You guys and your crazy ideas.

Just because that restaurant has no idea of the difference between a burger, (which I would venture to guess most people understand to mean a patty of ground meat) and a filet, doesn't mean they are correct.

Unless that is ground chicken.

Burger: Source: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/burger

burg·er (bûr′gər)
    n.
    1. A sandwich consisting of a bun, a cooked beef patty, and often other ingredients such as cheese, onion slices, lettuce, or condiments. Often used in combination: a cheeseburger.
    2. A similar sandwich with a nonbeef filling. Often used in combination: a crab burger; a tofu burger.

Patty: Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patty

A patty, in American, Australian and New Zealand English, is a flattened, usually round, serving of ground meat or meat alternatives. The meat is compacted and shaped, cooked, and served. Patties can be eaten with a knife and a fork in dishes like Salisbury steak, but are typically served in a sort of sandwich called a "burger", or a hamburger if the patty is made from ground beef. The patty itself can also be called a burger, whether or not it is served in a sandwich, especially in the United Kingdom and Ireland, where the term "patty" is rarely used.

Similar-shaped meat cakes not made from ground beef may also be called "burger": "turkey burgers" or "fishburgers" may be made from reshaped mechanically separated meat. Sometimes burgers are breaded. Veggie burger patties are made without animal products. In Ireland, traditional chippers often serve batter burger (a beef-based patty dipped in batter and deep fried) or spice burger (a savory patty made with a proprietary recipe of meats and spices).[1] These are served in a greaseproof paper bag and eaten with the hands.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    Got my pizza pre-logged for Saturday night. Could do the same with a burger.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

rtubt7qh2gae.jpg
    BONDI BURGER™
    Bondi Burger (Triple Fillet) with chilli

Made the same way since back in the day - with three fresh-grilled 100% chicken breast fillets, crisp lettuce, cheese, creamy mayo and Oporto's legendary chilli sauce. Epic.

3310 kJ
    The average adult daily intake is 8700kJ

Want to know how you know when you are completely wrong? Scroll down...............

Even he is shocked.............

25a4476163e6371cdee6c485d4e2d68e8a8ee72ee9c7fbda346d312d09ede03b.jpg

How am I wrong?

You guys sound crazy or narrow minded when it comes to burgers

Dude, DYEAmerica?

Dyeamerica? What?

Adding to the idea you're crazy :p

Maybe speak in whole words

DYEInternetAcronyms?

Do you even? I didn't think that was a common enough phrase to need an acronym but still doesn't explain why I was wrong.

Or are you just going to respond with more useless acronyms?

If so don't bother. In here for serios conversations about burgers, beef, chicken, lamb, lentil, even tofu burgers

I'm a vegetarian and know better than to come on a thread about burgers waxing poetic about the chickpea cauliflower "burgers" I made today.

Usually, a burger at least comes in patty form. The sandwich you showed clearly was filled with chicken filets.

• ndj1979
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

great minds think a like…I am making my homemade chicken, feta, pineapple pizza on sunday night….that is going to be da bomb yo!!!
  • arditarose
    Options

great minds think a like…I am making my homemade chicken, feta, pineapple pizza on sunday night….that is going to be da bomb yo!!!

Jeezus what a combination! :p
  • ndj1979
    Options

its so good its the only one I make anymore….LOL
  • arditarose
    Options

Enjoy! I got 900 calories in Luigi's (the guy up the street) saved up. I like to eat half of the medium pizza then lie around and play super nintendo.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options

rtubt7qh2gae.jpg

No, that is not a burger. That is a chicken filet sandwich. Not a burger.

Its called a Bondi burger. Looks more like a burger than a sandwich.

If you replace the chicken with beef would it be a beef sandwich? No that would be ridiculous. So is the idea that chicken can't be a burger.

You guys and your crazy ideas.

Just because that restaurant has no idea of the difference between a burger, (which I would venture to guess most people understand to mean a patty of ground meat) and a filet, doesn't mean they are correct.

Unless that is ground chicken.

Burger: Source: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/burger

burg·er (bûr′gər)
    n.
    1. A sandwich consisting of a bun, a cooked beef patty, and often other ingredients such as cheese, onion slices, lettuce, or condiments. Often used in combination: a cheeseburger.
    2. A similar sandwich with a nonbeef filling. Often used in combination: a crab burger; a tofu burger.

Patty: Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patty

A patty, in American, Australian and New Zealand English, is a flattened, usually round, serving of ground meat or meat alternatives. The meat is compacted and shaped, cooked, and served. Patties can be eaten with a knife and a fork in dishes like Salisbury steak, but are typically served in a sort of sandwich called a "burger", or a hamburger if the patty is made from ground beef. The patty itself can also be called a burger, whether or not it is served in a sandwich, especially in the United Kingdom and Ireland, where the term "patty" is rarely used.

Similar-shaped meat cakes not made from ground beef may also be called "burger": "turkey burgers" or "fishburgers" may be made from reshaped mechanically separated meat. Sometimes burgers are breaded. Veggie burger patties are made without animal products. In Ireland, traditional chippers often serve batter burger (a beef-based patty dipped in batter and deep fried) or spice burger (a savory patty made with a proprietary recipe of meats and spices).[1] These are served in a greaseproof paper bag and eaten with the hands.

Your definition seems to include chicken burgers too.

non beef as in a chicken fillet?

Just a guess here but your american, I'm Australian, seems perfectly reasonable that we have different definitions for a burger.

Your definition is narrow and mine isn't.

Burger to me is less about the meat and how it is processed and more about the type of bread it is encased in.

Take one of your burgers and replace it the meat with a chicken fillet, still a burger, still a burger to just about anyone I asked here. Replace it with a veggie patty, still a burger. Replace it with a minute steak, still a burger.

• ndj1979
    Options

Enjoy! I got 900 calories in Luigi's (the guy up the street) saved up. I like to eat half of the medium pizza then lie around and play super nintendo.

the whole thing is 8 slices and comes in at 1700 calories…and I am eating every damn slice….I will just have to parcel out my other 500 calories over the day ….lol ...
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Just a guess here but your american, I'm Australian, seems perfectly reasonable that we have different definitions for a burger.

Burger to me is less about the meat and how it is processed and more about the type of bread it is encased in.

Take one of your burgers and replace it the meat with a chicken fillet, still a burger, still a burger to just about anyone I asked here. Replace it with a veggie patty, still a burger. Replace it with a minute steak, still a burger.

NOPE, here in America, to be called a burger it must have "ground" meat or meat substitute (veggie people). What you are describing is called a sandwich.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    GROUND meat...not a filet.

Chicken filet =/= Burger

Personally, I'm not sure I'd even allow anything besides Ground Beef to be TRULY called a burger - any more than I'd allow something with zucchini noodles to be called lasagne or cauliflower crust to be called pizza. But then again, I tend to take burgers pretty seriously.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    It's true, and I'll fill that "you can eat ____ as long as it's within the calorie budget" blank with much more questionable things than burgers. Right now, my big thing is ramen noodles. Why? Because they taste good.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

NOPE, here in America, to be called a burger it must have "ground" meat or meat substitute (veggie people). What you are describing is called a sandwich.

by your definition we could then call cauliflower pizza, pizza…are you willing to go there??? :)
  • ndj1979
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    GROUND meat...not a filet.

Chicken filet =/= Burger

Personally, I'm not sure I'd even allow anything besides Ground Beef to be TRULY called a burger - any more than I'd allow something with zucchini noodles to be called lasagne or cauliflower crust to be called pizza. But then again, I tend to take burgers pretty seriously.

i am with you man …

i can't stand when people want to call zucchini noodles, pasta….NO IT IS NOT…

I am italian so I take my pasta seriously….
This discussion has been closed.