May Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    One mile of walking yesterday. I really need to get my butt in gear if I plan on reaching the goal by the end of the month.
  • vixi76
    vixi76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I know I'm late joining, but this will be great for me, 'cause walking is what I do!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Ran 6.4 today, for a total of 34.5 for the month. :smile:
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    Last night I did 1 mile and this morning I did 1 more mile. So...I'm up to a grand 6 miles. I used to be able to do 6 miles in one session. Working hard at forgetting the past and enjoying the present. I'm real grateful to this challenge and everybody participating in it. It's really helped me to refocus. Your successes are inspiring...Thanks!
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    Current mileage: 22.25
    Goal Mileage: 50

Walked with my future hubby to meet with a prospective officiant last night. Have to say... really proud of myself (and him) for just continuing to incorporate easy exercises into our daily lives. However I think it is really funny how people are so HORRIFIED that we have to then walk 9/10s of a mile home... at night (gasp)... when it's cold (gasp). I live in San Diego- it's not cold, especially after 5 minutes of walking. :laugh:

Besides that- Loved her! She is so officiating my wedding.
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    skinnyack wrote:
    Walked with my future hubby to meet with a prospective officiant last night. Have to say... really proud of myself (and him) for just continuing to incorporate easy exercises into our daily lives. However I think it is really funny how people are so HORRIFIED that we have to then walk 9/10s of a mile home... at night (gasp)... when it's cold (gasp). I live in San Diego- it's not cold, especially after 5 minutes of walking. :laugh:

Besides that- Loved her! She is so officiating my wedding.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and on deciding on the officiant! --Also on incorporating exercise into your daily lives. I predict you will be happy and healthy together for many years to come!! :drinker:
  • vixi76
    vixi76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Joined today, but now I walked 5 miles, so It's an update for me.
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I've been reading your posts but can't comment much because I'm still in southern Germany and going through some cultural issues, I'll be back home tomorrow evening and back to normal.

Regarding the controversy with biking miles vs miles on foot, I could add an extra column to the spreadsheet and resolve the tracking problem, but we're not here to win this challenge, we're here to make our lives better.as for the social aspect of the threAd it's fine with me, besides I can't answer to 70+ people in person every time they post something.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    5 miles walked today
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    5.4 miles biked...I'm planning to walk/jog tonight, too.

Either while catching up on Biggest Loser or watching the Bulls game.....decisions decisions!!!!:frown:
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Regarding the controversy with biking miles vs miles on foot, I could add an extra column to the spreadsheet and resolve the tracking problem, but we're not here to win this challenge, we're here to make our lives better.as for the social aspect of the threAd it's fine with me, besides I can't answer to 70+ people in person every time they post something.

I agree!!! If we start to concern ourselves with what everyone else is doing, we forget why we joined this thread or MFP for that matter.......to better OURSELVES!!! I root for each and every person that participates in each MYA Challenge. From the person with a 15 mile goal to the person with a 200 mile goal. The fact that we are moving at all should be the celebration!!!!! Look at the glass half full instead of half empty. Instead of being disappointed about not reaching a goal or not being able to keep up with someone else, stand tall and hold your head up that you are blessed to have another day to keep going, that you were able to move at all and keep pushing forward!!!!!

As far as comments go, I personally don't have the time to reply to everyone in the thread let alone all of my wonderful friends that I have made. I comment when I can and usually leave a general comment rather than to each and every person. Staying on the computer all day is part of what helped me gain the weight I did. I'd rather spend more time moving my *kitten*!!!! :laugh:

Good luck to all of you and keep moving!!!!! Whether it's walking, running, jogging, biking, swimming, crawling or whatever.....JUST MOVE!!!! Oh, and don't forget to update your tickers when you do :wink:
  • Stephib10
    Stephib10 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    8 km (5mi) walk today in the sunshine :)
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Scale moved this morning..total shocker, I thought I may be doomed

Beginning Weight for 5/1/11 136.5

5/8-Brisk Walk 45 minutes
    5/9-Day off
    5/10-Brisk Walk 20 minutes
    5/11-Brisk Walk/JD2 40 minutes

TOTAL 290 minutes

Weigh in
    5/4 138.5
    5/5 138
    5/12 136.2
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I hope the controversy didn't start with me. I really was just curious because I'm a numbers person, and I didn't intend to turn it into a competition against each other. I don't think you should need to take the extra time to track biking vs. walking vs. running miles. You already do enough for the thread, and if this is my fault or if it started with me, I'm sorry. I feel bad now. :(

3.6 miles added for me today, Couch to 5K Week 6 Day 3.

Not only did a run the entire 25 minutes, something I've never done before and am quite proud of, but I checked my app at the 30 minute mark and I had covered 3.2 miles. I guess that means I could, right now, run a 5K in less than 30 minutes?!?! I was questioning if my app was working or my GPS was inaccurate!
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    1.77 mile run today!
  • miswen
    miswen Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Dinos- You do plenty and I am grateful for what you do for all of us.
    SarahRuth- I love seeing how far you go. I myself am a walker. I know I can't keep up to you but I am not trying to. For me it is just wonderful to see how excited people are for how much they move whether by foot or wheel. Don't feel bad about how you choose to move your *kitten*.
    Today I walk (and did step) for 7 miles.
  • shannonaufman
    shannonaufman Posts: 383
    Options
    I moved 2 miles today! I'm gonna need to pick up the pace! Only 18 days left in the month! Signature updated.
  • mrshill1618
    mrshill1618 Posts: 14
    Options
    Its getting easier!!! :-)

exercise.png
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Have been poorly last 2 weeks and had a million things going on as well so I have fallen way behind in this challenge. :sad: :brokenheart:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Last night I did 1 mile and this morning I did 1 more mile. So...I'm up to a grand 6 miles. I used to be able to do 6 miles in one session. Working hard at forgetting the past and enjoying the present. I'm real grateful to this challenge and everybody participating in it. It's really helped me to refocus. Your successes are inspiring...Thanks!
    Just do your best and forget the rest!!!! Soon you will be like the old days!:wink: