Let's clear up a misconception

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    blukitten wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

aaaaannnnnddddd now I hate you. I want to be able to eat that many carbs and yummy cereals but my genetic predisposition for my body to store fat when I eat carbs or sugar says I cant :(:(:( *pout lip*

Cannot believe that nobody commented on that little special snowflake who doesn't work like science.

And now I want a pulled pork sandwich too.

I thought about it, and then decided that no, I'd better not. I've done enough damage here today.

Plus the optimist in me was hoping that she was being sarcastic.

I was rather surprised too! but everyone has mentioned the medical issue comments

Sadly no I was not being sarcastic-- well maybe a little. But I actually have the wonderful (yes this is sarcasm) genes that carry with them the medical conditions that most others have commented on. You know the ones that if you even look at a carb- you gain weight! yeah I have both of them- PCOS and Hypothyroidism. So yes the I hate you comment was sarcasm - its a gift I know- but the genetic predisposition to store fat from carbs was not- sadly.

but then I don't claim to deny science either-- I have to watch my cals too

Don't blame hypothyroidism for carb problems.

I'm on 200 mcg of Synthroid. My thyroid is nearly dead. I moderate my carbs to manage my fatigue from Hashimoto's and psoriatic arthritis, but I don't have to avoid them entirely. If I go too low, I get too fatigued. Same goes if I go too high.

Now PCOS? Yeah, it's best to limit carbs with that. Saying that, how much you have to limit them is between you and your doctor.

• Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    A gif monster has been born.

acFBAfFIifgIM.gif
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    edited March 2015
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Lots of people who eat food in moderation, don't ONLY processed, junk food, candy and ice cream as all their meals. Many of us actually eat lots of whole foods in high amounts too.

Carry on.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
    I was missing the word "eat" between ONLY and processed when I first posted. Hopefully that makes more sense now.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member

aaaaannnnnddddd now I hate you. I want to be able to eat that many carbs and yummy cereals but my genetic predisposition for my body to store fat when I eat carbs or sugar says I cant :(:(:( *pout lip*

Cannot believe that nobody commented on that little special snowflake who doesn't work like science.

I thought about it, and then decided that no, I'd better not. I've done enough damage here today.

I was rather surprised too! but everyone has mentioned the medical issue comments

Sadly no I was not being sarcastic-- well maybe a little. But I actually have the wonderful (yes this is sarcasm) genes that carry with them the medical conditions that most others have commented on. You know the ones that if you even look at a carb- you gain weight! yeah I have both of them- PCOS and Hypothyroidism. So yes the I hate you comment was sarcasm - its a gift I know- but the genetic predisposition to store fat from carbs was not- sadly.

Don't blame hypothyroidism for carb problems.

I'm on 200 mcg of Synthroid. My thyroid is nearly dead. I moderate my carbs to manage my fatigue from Hashimoto's and psoriatic arthritis, but I don't have to avoid them entirely. If I go too low, I get too fatigued. Same goes if I go too high.

Now PCOS? Yeah, it's best to limit carbs with that. Saying that, how much you have to limit them is between you and your doctor.

Nope- wasn't- PCOS isn't carb friendly, but hypothyroidism is just another one of the genetic issues that help me gain weight or makes if difficult for me to lose- however you want to look at it- I am on 3/4 grain westhroid pure- but then this is probably a convo for a different forum :)
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member

Alright I'm giving you a pass, I don't know anything about those conditions. I'm sorry, that must suck.

Thank you for the pass!! Yeah sucks but I am learning how to still lose with them anyway!! And succeeding so.... yay for me!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited March 2015

Guess what I had for lunch today????! @Francl27

IMG_1116_zpsjgkmmmys.jpg**

And I had pie for dessert. (pic not included...it didn't last long enough)

And it was *** delicious

**Editor's note...NOT a burger
  • ninerbuff
    I don't know... I mean, I'm not disagreeing with the OP at all. But some of these responses... a whole pizza... bacon... yeah, they have macronutrients but will not help me with macronutrient goals. If I ate a whole pizza, I'd have to try like hell to make up the protein to balance it with the fat and carbs. Are we talking chicken breast and cottage cheese pizza? Typically, the proteins on a pizza are at least 50% fat (and some type of sausage), be it salami, pepperoni or Italian sausage... or bacon... or linguica or ground beef or meatballs.

Or maybe I'm assuming too much. Do most of you not have macro goals and just follow CICO? I know my protein goal is somewhat high at 40%.
    Dude, just wash it down with a triple scoop of 100% Gold Standard Whey.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    ceoverturf wrote: »

Guess what I had for lunch today????!

And it was *** delicious

You made me snort diet ginger ale out my nose. That hurt!

• kitlynnJ
    kitlynnJ Posts: 78 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I usually make my own which is thin curst with chicken, feta, pineapple and I usually hit my macros for the day, which for me is 35% carbs/30% fats/35% protein...< now, will it be 100% spot on, probably not, but no one is gong to hit them perfectly all the time...

That pizza sounds delicious!
  • ninerbuff
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I dislike everyone in this thread.

This seems like a good thread to ask this: does that dog in your avatar keep getting closer to the camera every couple weeks, or has calorie moderation finally driven me insane?
    MrM is getting more near sited daily. :D

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    wait? theres marshmallows here? i want some smores! who do i place my order with?

no peeps cause yeah yuck. but toasted marshmallows with hersheys and graham crackers. YES PLEASE!

now im gonna have a craving for it and i dont have ANY of it LOLOLO)L
  • ninerbuff
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    I think, for some people, there is a disconnect between

"Eat whatever you want as long as it fits in your cals/macros."

and

"Find ways to balance foods you enjoy with other foods for an overall healthy, balanced diet."

The first applies to weight loss and is, if I'm not mistaken, IIFYM by the letter of the law.

The second is a more reasonable, responsible approach generally applicable to the masses.

yes, but if you hitting your cals/macros it is going to be almost impossible to do it with 100% donuts, ice cream, etc...you would still need some chicken, vegetables, rice, whole grains, to balance it out...

False.

This is my go-to day. Certainly not everyday, but this is pretty indicative of my typical eating. Sure, it's not all donuts and ice cream, but there are no fruits, no veggies, no whole grain, etc.

7s9h7npyc0l2.jpg

sorry to interrupt the 'mallow love fest, but i've got a serious question. would this diet be considered healthy? i mean, he's hitting all his macros without and fruits or veg but people on both sides stress the importance of produce and whole grains. or is this diet lacking because perceived lack of micronutrients?
    He didn't state if he was taking any micronutrient supplementation and fiber.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    dym123 wrote: »
    9rcpiklfuhs9.png
    LMAO!!! I'm cryin' now.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    ceoverturf wrote: »

Guess what I had for lunch today????!

And it was *** delicious

You made me snort diet ginger ale out my nose. That hurt!

You're welcome? :)
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    wait? theres marshmallows here? i want some smores! who do i place my order with?

no peeps cause yeah yuck. but toasted marshmallows with hersheys and graham crackers. YES PLEASE!

I want smores now, also. I wonder if anyone has ever made smores with Nutella instead of a Hershey's bar? My Hershey's never melts very much and I need more gooeyness.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member

I want smores now, also. I wonder if anyone has ever made smores with Nutella instead of a Hershey's bar? My Hershey's never melts very much and I need more gooeyness.

i think i just had an orgasm............
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member

I'm just helping all kinds of people today!
  • Metruis
    Metruis Posts: 60 Member
    Lies. I eat nothing but bacon.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member

I'm just helping all kinds of people today!

You're a giver. It's what you do.

I think the real answer is Digestive Biscuit, glob of Nutella, then glob of Fluff, placed under broiler until toasty.

Wash down with good beer or single malt Scotch. Repeat.
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member

Reese's cups are the secret. They melt faster than solid chocolate.
    You can also make a mean smore with a mini snickers bar.
This discussion has been closed.