Reasons to get fit... Girlfriend someday

Options

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Health for me. You might have to take care of other aspects other than just whether you work out.
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Strong post. I can sit here and tell you the pros and cons of lifting for women all day, but it's your decision and if it's going to motivate you , more power to you. In for routine, and nutrition. I'm interested in which route you're taking to get swole.
  • AU_Girl
    AU_Girl Posts: 24
    Options
    My husband has been lifting for the past 4 years. I got motivated to start going with him when I noticed the amazing difference with his body and overall happiness. Now we lift at least 5-6 times a week as we work toward our common fitness goals, which is pretty awesome.
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    spot on bruv. Lift, get ripped, get laid.

And a possible side effect of living a healthier lifestyle too.

Motorbikes, cigarettes and tattoo's worked for me
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I know plenty of guys and girls of all shapes and sizes that have had significant others. maybe it's not your weight... maybe its just you.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Meh, don't lift to get a woman, lift to make YOURSELF happy.

Women will like your happiness and confidence because that is attractive to people, but like I said, do it for you, not anyone else.

:flowerforyou:
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    You're only 23. Why do you even want a girlfriend? Focus on you.

Why not? I know people who were married by then.

And you don't have to get fit to get a girl. Sure, you'll attract more girls in general, but there's no reason you can't right now either. I see super skinny, and super chunky, guys (and girls) who have a SO all the time.

I want to get fit for myself, mainly. At the same time, I want to have a boyfriend who wants to be active and fit as well, so I do understand where you're coming from.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I know plenty of guys and girls of all shapes and sizes that have had significant others. maybe it's not your weight... maybe its just you.

Blunt...but if I'm being honest I was thinking the same thing. Being fit won't magically bring Ms. Right your way. If you've been single all this time, unless by choice, there may be other reasons. Get fit for you. Work on yourself, your confidence, and that will help you attract the right kind of person.

• moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 years old and never had a girlfriend, but does this really matter. Yeah missing out on all the experiences everyone else has been through but that's alright for now. I'm working out to make change for myself, to better who I am. I'll find girl of dreams after I am big and have a few other goals taken care of as well.

This: https://www.facebook.com/gymmeme/photos/pb.394897053880873.-2207520000.1424862243./705593556144553/?type=3&theater

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options

i was also thinking this
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    Blunt...but if I'm being honest I was thinking the same thing. Being fit won't magically bring Ms. Right your way. If you've been single all this time, unless by choice, there may be other reasons. Get fit for you. Work on yourself, your confidence, and that will help you attract the right kind of person.
    Seconded. I've been overweight or obese most of my life--and I'm not saying girlfriends fall from trees, but I've certainly had my share. It's probably something else. Self-assuredness?
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ridiculous
    Agreed. People need snuggles and *snuggles* :wink: . Girls can be fun!

ETA: OP, you probably don't need to work out stupid amounts to get a girlfriend. Esp. if you look like your profile pic. Just go talk to them. Join a sports club or hobby group or something to meet people you have something in common with. And go out with the lads and get drunk in bars with slutty girls, just in case you can do the one-night-stand-to-girlfriend conversion. But use protection. Don't get STDs.
  • WishesOnTheStar
    WishesOnTheStar Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 years old and never had a girlfriend, but does this really matter. Yeah missing out on all the experiences everyone else has been through but that's alright for now. I'm working out to make change for myself, to better who I am. I'll find girl of dreams after I am big and have a few other goals taken care of as well.

OP what are your fitness goals/ideal physique and what are your stats now?

Ignore the posters above saying physique and aesthetics don't matter, that's delusional.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ridiculous

@gertudejekyl‌ Ridiculous how?

God forbid people learn to love themselves and how to be alone.

That's what's wrong with society. People think they NEED someone in order to be happy. It's disgusting.

Based on the OP's posts, he doesn't love himself and seems to be lacking self-confidence. Perhaps that is the reason why I told him to "focus on you." Because IMO, anyone who is getting fit for a woman or man, rather then themselves, isn't ready for a commitment in the first place.

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

Why not? I know people who were married by then.

And you don't have to get fit to get a girl. Sure, you'll attract more girls in general, but there's no reason you can't right now either. I see super skinny, and super chunky, guys (and girls) who have a SO all the time.

I want to get fit for myself, mainly. At the same time, I want to have a boyfriend who wants to be active and fit as well, so I do understand where you're coming from.

Feel free to read my post to @gertudejekyl‌.

Personally, I don't know why anyone would want to be married at 23. Every single person I know who was married in their early 20s is either 1) terribly unhappy, 2) divorced, or 3) cheating on their SO. Most 20-23 year olds are in college and having flings with multiple people. Marriage is the last thing on their mind.

In my opinion and from what I have seen, men who get married in their early 20s are more likely to cheat because they begin to realize what a mistake it was to commit to one woman at such a young age. They begin to feel as though their SO took away their "freedom" years. I would never ever want to be the woman a man regrets because he feels as though I held him back from experiencing life and new people.

I believe a persons 20s are their 'selfish' years. It is a time to learn about yourself, travel, meet new people, experience new things, etc.

• lgquinnross
    lgquinnross Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Well said!
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    @FatFreeFrolicking‌ My parents got married at 23 and they're actually happy but as a almost 21yo I agree with you cause I wouldn't want to get married in two years!!!

@OP are you talking to girls? I have some friends who are guys who complain about not having a girlfriend but then they never talk to girls outside of their friend group and they never ask anyone out! Take risks and ask girls for their number if you want to :)
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Dude if it makes you feel any better I'm 26 and never had a girlfriend. I'm putting myself out there now but it's intimidating as hell.
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I dont to discourage anyone here but i really don't think girls care if a guys swole or not, i'm pretty sure it's the last thing they care about, plus if a girl wants to jump on you because you're jacked.... she's probably the kind you want to avoid anyway haha.