What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• ferradiab
    ferradiab Posts: 4 Member
    -You will discover bones you forgot (or never knew) you had.
    :)

I just love the first sentence !! "You will discover bones you forgot (or never knew) you had." Awesome !! The same can be said for muscles also. You sure can discover ones you never knew you had, like "Why does it ache there? Is there a muscle there? I never knew that." Way to go wateryphoenix!!

So true... I was rubbing my arms the other day and touched something that ached when I put pressure on it. Turns out it's muscle I didn't even know I had!!
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    palwithme wrote: »
    For some reason now whenever I see a very overweight young woman I just want to burst into tears. Because I know how she feels inside. I want to help her but I can't. The truth is its a cruel world and for some reason it's still fair game to abuse fat people. It hurts like hell.

Me too, it's that feeling of helplessness that gets me. I try so hard not to pity them and look for their strengths instead because I just can't help but think that at one time people saw me like that and probably felt the same way. Even though I was overweight & out of shape, there was so much more to me than just that.

I have the same feelings when I see someone (especially someone I know) struggling. I've been overweight my whole life and I really hate it when people are judged for their size. Since my husband joined the military, I see the judgement every time we get together with his coworkers and it makes me so mad. I try to stand up for people when I get the chance.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    97annie wrote: »
    ...and after few months she wasnt my number one motivation but me, i was motivating myself with my progress and response from others... and i keep going, im almost there
    I think we are talking about the same thing after all... Having someone to inspire and help you definitely helps, but in the long run it was your internal motivation that counted. Well done for your journey!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!