edited March 2015
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    I compete in drug tested federations (and am one of a 'natty' team of bb'ers and pl'ers), so throwing out accusations of being on gear probably miss my sarcasm meter more than other comments do.
    I compete in drug tested federations (and am one of a 'natty' team of bb'ers and pl'ers), so throwing out accusations of being on gear probably miss my sarcasm meter more than other comments do.

eh. wasn't an accusation- that makes it sound like I thought it was wrong- when I just don't. I have no issues with people on gear. It's an openly free subject for jokes to me. Sorry you don't feel the same. NMP.

Semantics.

Also...assumptions.

I was explaining why I did not get the 'sarcasm;. Also...snark...nice!.

I shouldn't post precoffee is what it is LOL.

Yeah, coffee helps in engaging the brain for me too, so probably a good rule to have.

I've gotten yelled at for being mean when posting before coffee.

I think someone told me I was the most condescending person on this forum- because of posts made pre-coffee.

My filter is just- really really low at that point.
    I shouldn't be allowed to speak to anyone before 930- even 9 is pushing it.

It wasn't just the filter I was referring to with the engaging brain comment :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    DavPul wrote: »

eh. wasn't an accusation- that makes it sound like I thought it was wrong- when I just don't. I have no issues with people on gear. It's an openly free subject for jokes to me. Sorry you don't feel the same. NMP.

Semantics.

Also...assumptions.

Yeah, coffee helps in engaging the brain for me too, so probably a good rule to have.

I think someone told me I was the most condescending person on this forum- because of posts made pre-coffee.

perhaps less talking in the early AM and more posting selfies in threads?

when did they let you out bro? Are you on parole???? :)

I am still confused with the whole posting while behind bars thing.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Semantics.

Also...assumptions.

cakewithfile.jpg
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Semantics.

Also...assumptions.

sounds like a win win to me.
    It wasn't just the filter I was referring to with the engaging brain commen
    says comment.
    deletes comment.

I created a comfortable out for us- no need to keep poking.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Semantics.

Also...assumptions.

cakewithfile.jpg

dude, you got my "care package"....sweet!!!!
  • ndj1979
    Options

Semantics.

Also...assumptions.

I guess it is a form of social stigma kind of like the old "scarlet letter" from back in the day ...????
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Now now ladies, surely its time to log off and get too daily duties in the kitchen :-)
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    this thread has the most confusing posting of lifting stats that I have seen in a long time....

Well I find lifting stats confusing at the best of times. Imagine how I feel :wink:
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I believe a woman should lift has heavy as she can while maintaining proper form.

It all breaks down to what the person's goals are.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    I believe a woman should lift has heavy as she can while maintaining proper form.

yes, bad form in the kitchen and laundry room is a bad thing....I agree...
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

Man... I have a rebuttal to this but IDK if i'll get locked up for it.... haha
  • ndj1979
    Options

Man... I have a rebuttal to this but IDK if i'll get locked up for it.... haha

bahahahahahahaha....

:)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I LOVE lifting as heavy as I can, I started at the gym June 2014 and went from 1 -45lb weight on each side to 6 -45lb on each side... needless to say I love lifting next to guys because I smoke them all. :) Hehe.
    Though I've hit a bit of a weight loss plateau these past 6 months, I'm trying to figure out ways of incorporating more cardio into my life and maybe changing things up... definitely need to work on the diet part of my weight loss. Ugh. But I don't think I could ever give up lifting, addicted... thoroughly addicted. :)
    Do what you want, do what makes you feel good and the rest will fall into place. It feels good to be strong, I'll take that any day.

In 8-9 months? My guess would be leg press - but even that would be 665 lb total (assuming a 125 lb sled). I'm not believing this one either. In fact, I'm less inclined to believe this than the other.

Someone asked if she meant 1 rep and 6 reps, which makes more sense.

This is still confusing even if she meant reps and not plates. Why would you start off so heavy and only able to do one rep (and assuming 1 set).
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    This thread turned out pleasantly funny. Especially the part where some women thought they could lift weights. Especially the ancient legend of Sara the Juiced Powerlifter. Thank you all.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

Semantics.

Also...assumptions.

My understanding is it's similar to the old strike system. Except now it includes public shaming.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    this thread has the most confusing posting of lifting stats that I have seen in a long time....

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with you there. We probably need @ThatladyfromMN to come back and explain herself.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

Semantics.

Also...assumptions.

I guess it is a form of social stigma kind of like the old "scarlet letter" from back in the day ...????

Thou hast been declared naughty in the eyes of the lord!
    Thou shalt be marked with the bars of derp!
  • dbmata
    Options

Semantics.

Also...assumptions.

My understanding is it's similar to the old strike system. Except now it includes public shaming.

'cuz once you're out of high school, you just don't get your proper daily dosage of public shaming.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Posting from jail = virtual pantsing.
  • dbmata
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Posting from jail = virtual pantsing.

oh that reminds me, this is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1LKuwnkKe4