flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    giphy.gif

This speaks to me on a molecular level.
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Eat dark chocolate - I used to be a chocolatier, it's the only thing about confections that matter. Rest is filler. Well I did make marshmallows - and dipped them in chocolate - I had way too many of those - and then truffles!!! Truffles are pretty good for ya! Stay away from caramel and English toffee if you don't want sugar in your life as much as just good ole chocolate. I will have a piece of chocolate prior to my workout today!!! >:)
  • BackInTheSaddle13
    BackInTheSaddle13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    jdarroch13 wrote: »
    Ps- I noticed a difference in my skin almost immediately, my brain fog is going away, and I feel so much better. Do it for your health!

I have had periods where I experimented with temporarily cutting out "added sugar" from time to time (mostly just to force myself to get a little more creative with how I used my extra calories), most recently in January, and I always feel the same. If I have brain fog (I don't think so) I continued to have it, my skin is fine and remained fine, and I generally felt about as a good as I normally do (which is pretty good!). Why don't I get the special magic?

It's brain fog for me. I almost go into a food coma if I consume too much. I can do fruit and a tiny bit of something dessertish from time to time but otherwise I get this blah fuzzy-headed nasty feeling. For lack of a better description, almost sticky feeling. That feeling is enough to deter me from going back to my Oreo sleeve (or two) a day habit. I avoid soda for that reason. I'm sure some people are fine with it but one can and I feel terrible.

Well, I think that over-consumption of anything is going to make you feel terrible. Try eating a shedload of fat and see how you feel. I actually did that once back when I was doing Atkins. (I can't believe I'm admitting this publicly). I strained the fat from roasted chicken and kept tasting it because it was so good. I kept going back to it. I ate too much. I felt sicker than I EVER did from any sugar binge, let me tell you.

The whole point? Fat in and of itself isn't bad. Neither is sugar. OVER-CONSUMPTION was your problem. Moderate consumption of both of those things is fine and won't leave you feeling awful, barring certain medical problems.

Absolutely agree!
  • las07s
    las07s Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have legitimate issues controlling chocolate cravings. For years, I tried moderation, but it just doesn't work for me (and it took me years to be okay with that). I know that once I cave even a little bit, I will crave chocolate mercilessly for at least a week (maybe even two). Chocolate is all my body will want, and it's an awful feeling...

That's why I cut it out almost completely. Instead, my house is always full of my favorite fresh fruits. (I <3 FLORIDA.) Strawberries, grapes, peaches, oranges, nectarines bananas... and seasonally, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc.

And that is what works for me! Sweets are my "problem food". Everyone has one, sweets are mine, and that's okay.

So unless it is a special occasion and my diet/exercise have been good, I don't eat processed sugar. Each time I have sweets, I have to go into that rare slice of delicious chocolate cake realizing that the next week or two will be one hell of a struggle with cravings. I will have to be strong. It's knowing this about myself (and being okay with this weakness) that keeps me on track. If I ate sweets all the time, I would struggle all the time. I'd really, REALLY rather not. Also, knowing that the sweets come few and far in between that makes me enjoy and savor each bite and as an added bonus, I feel satisfied and healthier living without that constant inner battle.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    Stopped reading after Splenda causes cancer

Stopped reading after Sugar is the debil...
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    dpwellman wrote: »
    giphy.gif

This speaks to me on a molecular sensual level.

Fixed :)

It's funny because I literally almost typed out the exact same thing.

I love this place.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm just here to steal gifs and learn about cancer. I'm an Aries. Are those compatible?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm just here to steal gifs and learn about cancer. I'm an Aries. Are those compatible?

It depends. Do you have idyllic genes?

• monikker
    monikker Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    This is the funniest thread...I was face palm at first post and like oh no, here we go. Really funny though instead of frustrating. OP is probably totally freaked out and doesn't know what's going on
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    OTNG7_zpseqfg5720.gif

tumblr_m9yya2o9Pw1ry10fwo1_500_zpsyah6bk7x.gif
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

It depends. Do you have idyllic genes?

My jeans are probably pretty unhappy with me. My nsv for the past month has been living in leggings =(
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    are we dead yet?
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    OTNG7_zpseqfg5720.gif

tumblr_m9yya2o9Pw1ry10fwo1_500_zpsyah6bk7x.gif

He is so sad! Poor GIR.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member