Goals today.
    Started a new job.
    Tracked my food.
    Tracked my exercise.
    Didn't get all my water in. :-/
  • saraelizaphant
    saraelizaphant Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I did well yesterday by logging intake, exercising for over an hour, consuming 144 oz of water and 16 oz of green tea, no coffee. I did not meet my protein goal, but I was close and picked up various protein rich foods that I really like.

Just for today, I will:
    1. Meditate
    2. Eat an energizing breakfast
    3. Eat more at meals or snack if needed
  • honey0141
    honey0141 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I gave into toffee pudding and custard! Didn't even enjoy it! So I went on a cleaning frenzy to burn calories. At least house tidier. I'm going out to Indian for lunch/booze today.
    Just for today.
    1. 20 min power hoop.
    2. 30 min gentle walk. Calf muscle too sore. Definitely can't run
    3. Track as best as I can
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    sucampbeN wrote: »

Just for today I will:

1. Only eat the meals I brought to work and not be tempted by junk
    2. Not go over my calorie allowance
    3. Do some stretching
    4. Go to my step aerobics class
    5. Do some studying
    6. Go to bed before 11pm

Well I managed 1, 2, 4 and 5. I had to choose between studying or going to bed on time so I did some studying. It shouldn't be that hard to find 10 minutes to do some stretching but somehow I can't seem to manage it consistently.

Just for today I will:

1. Only eat the meals I brought to work and not be tempted by junk
    2. Not go over my calorie allowance
    3. Do some stretching
    4. Do some studying
    5. Go to bed before 11pm
    6. Prepare lunch for tomorrow
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    taxmom9093 wrote: »

4. Relax and take things as they happen. Do Not let myself get overwhelmed with the What If's.

Great line! I hope that your dad is doing better. Take good care of yourself also - like you said, "Do not let yourself get overwhelmed with the what if's".

Look at the positive! Prayers for your dad.

Thank you Joan. I'm glad you were able to have a day with your son and grandson and family. We need those kind of positives to help us get through the other stuff.

Dad is doing OK as far as I can tell by phone. They moved him to rehabilitation yesterday (I hope it was not too soon) and I'm going up today to visit and keep his spirits up. He's a bit discouraged with all these health setbacks.
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    Just for today (Monday)

1. Walk as much as possible, 10000 steps at least As much as possible was only 2500 steps. (sigh)
    2. Log everything I eat and don't forget water Logged, yes. Water....need to work on this.
    3. Keep in touch with my parents and my sister Yep.
    4. Relax and take things as they happen. Do Not let myself get overwhelmed with the What If's. I'm really proud of myself here. Taking this one day at a time (or when needed, one moment at a time) keeps it managable

Now Tuesday. Just for today I will

1. walk as much as possible. No step goal this time.
    2. Log if possible and water water water
    3. Visit Dad and just enjoy our time together.
    4. Relax and take things as they happen. Do Not let myself get overwhelmed with the What if's. This worked yesterday. Why mess with success?

Congratulations for those who are meeting goals, no matter how small they might seem. And if you slip. Oh well, today is another chance to try again. Happy Tuesday!
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I did not do do what was on my list yesterday. I did work & stuck to 1200 calories but instead of running I spent 3-4 hours moving boxes at work, forgot to bring water & lunch. Today I will do better

Just for today:
    1. I will pack my lunch & bring water to work
    2. Be patient with the scale & life in general
    3. Move the rest of the boxes at work
    4. Go for a walk or run in the sun
    5. Stick to 1200 calories
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    "Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.” ~Dennis P. Kimbro

Love love this, I will have to remember this!

Ditto - Ditto -

Just for today
    1) I will remember this quote (hopefully every day)
    2) Drink 2 liters of water
    3) Take the stairs at work

• ashleybarnette1986
    ashleybarnette1986 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    today i will
    1. workout for 1hr
    2. take my kids for a nice long walk
    3. drink 5glasses of water
  • jabrams1955
    jabrams1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My goal is to start each morning listing my goals! Today I will:
    Stick to calories allowed --- stop at 1200 to 1500 calories, nothing else to eat after that!
    Drink 6-8 glasses of water.
    Get to bed a little earlier.

Let's see how this goes today!
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Didn't do this for a few days and it didn't help me! Just for today I will:
    1. Post and follow 3 goals
    2. drink 3 big bottles of water
    3. Stay under my 1200 calories
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, 3/9
    1. walk minimum of 120 minutes -- Walked 90 minutes - 5 miles!
    2. log every bite I eat. :)
    3. Look at the positives in life - This was harder today, as reality hits when we get back home. But it was a nice day out, so that did help
    4. Do not let the scale influence my desire to eat healthy. :\ How can a person eat badly for 1 day, and the scale goes up 2 lbs. Trying to look at the big picture though, but it does get discouraging at times! But, one day at a time, one foot in front of the other, and keep trying!

Just for today, 3/10
    1. exercise minimum 30 minutes
    2. 2 glasses of water with each meal
    3. log everything I eat
    4. Carry water with me in the evening to limit nite time snacking! My biggest downfall!
  • Exquisitern
    Exquisitern Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Well, I went really off track when the snow came last week. Didn't log all the food I ate. I felt too bad about it, but it didn't stop me from putting the food in my mouth! So I did get back in the groove yesterday and stayed under calories and went to the gym and did 30 minutes on the treadmill and 30 minutes on the stationary bike.
    Went to the gym this morning and did 30 minutes on the treadmill, 30 minutes on the stationary bike and 25 minutes on the elliptical.

So just for today, 3/10
    1)Go to the gym after lunch today do 30 minutes on the stationary bike and 30 minutes on the elliptical
    2) Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water
    3) log everything I eat
    4) Stay at 1200 calories

I weighed last Wednesday and I was a pound under but didn't weigh on Thursday, my regular weigh day because of the snow, so I'm just going to do my official weight on this Thursday and log it. Hopefully last week didn't' derail me too much.

Everyone keep up the good work and keep logging. It really helps when I do it everyday.
  • doctorjamie
    Options
    Just for today:
    1. Barre class
    2. 10k steps
    3. No alcohol/no liquid calories
    4. No desk snacks - meals only!!
  • lemonblossom
    lemonblossom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is a continuation of a thread I started a thread late October, and another one in January and February, to try to stay on track, "JUST FOR A DAY".

We have had over 500 replies each month, so I am going to restart this each month. This has helped me tremendously, to start each day new. It has kept me going, and to keep on trying, one day at a time. And, I've met some wonderful friends along the way! Reading others goals for just one day has given me so much inspiration and goals to set for myself.

If I can do this for JUST ONE DAY, well, maybe that one day will lead to another day, an entire week, an entire month, and this will help me to develop better habits for my life, taking this one day at a time.

So each day I am going to post what I would like to accomplish. While I post my "Just for today" list, I am also going to post how I did the day before, so I am accountable to you guys as well.

Would anyone like to join me!! I am always so encouraged reading others goals, and together, we can all reach our goals for 2015 and beyond. I hope to keep doing this, starting a new thread each month.

March is a new month, a fresh start!

To bookmark this new thread, just click on the little yellow star. That book marks it, so you can find it easy. When you go to post again, to the right at the top of your page is a bell, a star, and a little flower. Click on the star, and it will show your book marked threads.

Anyone can join!

• lemonblossom
    lemonblossom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is PERFECT! Short term goals are so much easier for me.
    Today's goal
    Snack less
    Drink more water than yesterday
    Be true to myself
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 3/9
    1. log :)
    2. go to gym for strength training :)
    3. do 30 minutes cardio :neutral_face: Kind of...I walked for my 30 minute lunch and a 15 minute break, but I don't like to count work walks because I can't really get a sweat in.

Just for Today 3/10
    1. Log
    2. strength training: legs
    3. 30 minutes cardio
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,383 Member
    Options
    Just for today 3/9
    1. Strength training :):)
    2. Make time to crochet! :'(:'(
    3. Get a bike ride in! :):)
    4. Plan out my exercise program for the next week! :'(:'(
    5. Come back! :):)

Just for today
    1. Workout
    2. Crochet
    3. Water water
    4. Plan workout for this week and next
    5. Come back

Yesterday, hubby and I took took a bike ride and went to dinner! Within a hour after we got home from dinner, my husband start getting sick! So last night was extremely log. It's been a couple of hours since he's been sick so hopefully, he'll sleep most of the day!

• starbucktigh
    starbucktigh Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I won't immediately go to the kitchen when I get home.
  • needtoloseforever
    needtoloseforever Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm going to keep it simple, it worked yesterday so again my goals just for today are:

1. Log everything that goes in my mouth
    2. Stay within my calorie goal.
    3. Drink at least 2 litres of water.
    4. At least 30 minutes at the gym.