Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    @mnwalkingqueen Oh no, so sorry to hear about your job loss. :\ I was hoping for a better outcome for you. Hugs.

No fast food today, but snacked endlessly at home. I'm still not back on 'time', so am going to bed early again tonight. I just can't seem to keep my eyes open past 8pm.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    ok friends I did lose my job today after 14 years. my diary choices today look really horrible I've been eating away my emotions . Plus on top of it I spent most of my day with my coworkers at a lunch and packing my stuff to leave

Oh, Holly! I'm so sorry! That really stinks. Don't beat yourself up over food choices today--this is an exceptional circumstance. Allow yourself the right to be upset. You said you were packing up your office-does that mean they didn't give you any notice? Are you at least getting some sort of severance to tide you over while you search for a new job?
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @robin--We haven't had a family get together in over a year b/c of all of the fighting. We see my SIL and her family, but not my MIL . For about a week, my DH told me not to erase the recordings b/c he wanted to figure out some way to save the messages. I think he wanted them so when she later denies the spiteful things she said, he could prove her wrong. I told him I didn't like him getting so caught up in her drama--that's exactly what she would want--but I did as he asked and left the messages alone. Finally, he erased them the other day. I think he realized saving them wouldn't be productive for anyone. Plus, she leaves a new "treasure" every day, so no need to save the old ones. ;)

@niki--I love the quote you posted. Part of the reason I won't respond to my MIL's messages is that I have nothing nice to say to her right now. She's been very mean and hurtful toward me, and I feel the 23 years that we got along and she called me "daughter" was all an act. I'm trying to let my anger go with the knowledge that she's clearly not in her right mind, but it's not easy. Anyway, the Buddha quote reminded me of a Blake poem that I love:

A Poison Tree
    BY WILLIAM BLAKE
    I was angry with my friend;
    I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
    I was angry with my foe:
    I told it not, my wrath did grow.

And I water'd it in fears,
    Night & morning with my tears:
    And I sunned it with smiles,
    And with soft deceitful wiles.

And it grew both day and night.
    Till it bore an apple bright.
    And my foe beheld it shine,
    And he knew that it was mine.

And into my garden stole,
    When the night had veil'd the pole;
    In the morning glad I see;
    My foe outstretched beneath the tree.
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    @mnwalkingqueen‌ So sorry to here about job loss.
    @laurahickman14‌ I would be happy to friend you as I too can use all the motivation and support I can get.
    @Tanya949 You didn't say if the snacking was healthy or not, Lol. I am trying to eat nuts or veggies when I just gotta munch.

Today was not quite what I expected, but the overall was good.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    @WalkingQueen - Holly {{{{HUGS}}}}} how dastardly employers can be! Hope you and your co-workers have a good cry together tonight and get it out of your systems and you find a hidden blessing somewhere in all of this!
    Throw your efforts twice as hard into your schoolwork, and polish that resume in between times. Give yourself time to heal, my friend. For sure ask for a high salary wherever you go apply! And, don't shield your son from this. Its another good reality lesson for him.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    @Skinny - that's one heck of a poem! It wouldn't sit so well with the Buddha but it took him a looong time to reach his comfort spot!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    RobinsEgg wrote: »
    @Skinny - that's one heck of a poem! It wouldn't sit so well with the Buddha but it took him a looong time to reach his comfort spot!

Well, it's a metaphor warning against the dangers of letting one's anger fester--eventually it could hurt someone. I think the Buddha would agree that it's better to be honest about anger--air it out and let it go--rather than try to cover it up with false smiles and "deceitful wiles."

• skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hey guys!

Overall a good day, but as predicted I didn't get to the gym. I found out that we will only have 4 sections of AP next year instead of 5. Right now, I teach 3 sections of AP and 2 sections of juniors. Next year I will get 2 AP and at least 2 juniors, but my 5th prep is up in the air for the moment. It may be a 3rd section of juniors or a completely different class altogether. It's not a big deal either way, but I'm interested to see what it will be. My boss will have it all figured out before we leave for break, so by next Friday at the latest.

Tuesday Goal:
    To keep trudging through the grading. I'm halfway there with the outlines, but may do a few more tonight.

March Challenge:
    At or under calories 5/7 days every week and at or under as a weekly average.
    Week 1: At/under calories 4/7 (but one day I was only over by 7 calories) UNDER FOR WK
    All-in strength challenge=core work 3 x/week; PT 1-2 x/week; run 3 x/week:
    Week 1: 1/3 core; PT DONE; 1/3 runs (sick most of week though)
    Week 2: x/3 core; PT; x/3 runs
    Week 3: x/3 core; PT; x/3 runs
    Week 4: x/3 core; PT; x/3 runs
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15)

Grading Goals:
    1. 40/64 BNW journal reflections
    2. 3/64 AP essays
    3. 7/16 AP analysis activities
    4. 30/60 JRP outlines

Exercise Goals: (week 2)
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Wed--meeting
    Thurs--PT + gym ???
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

2015 mantra "Just 15 minutes"
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    @Mnwalkingqueen Holly, I was so sorry to read your news. Do not blame yourself; it is nothing you did. I hope you are quickly able to find a new job that you like even better. These things knock us down for a while, but we can move beyond them and even learn and be better for it. I know that is something you can do. I wish you the best.
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    @Karen Love the Blake!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    @holly So sorry you lost your job. That is really rough.

Welcome to the newcomers. Most of us here check in to the thread more often than we check the home page. Check in here often and share. You will get plenty of support.
    Today DH had surgery to remove the skin cancer from his right hand. It wasn't very deep, but it was about the size of a dime, so the stitches pull the skin really tight. He is extremely limited on what he can do until the stitches come out in 9 days.
    We had lunch at Subway and I had a 5 mile walk so my calories are okay for today.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    @2ledbetter several slices of toast with jam, and a plate of hashbrowns... a carbfest! :s
  • KMHtime
    KMHtime Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm new here. Just started and the food is the hardest part for me. I can't out run my bad eating habits. My wish for today is to be aware of what I put in my mouth and to track it:).
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    ok friends I did lose my job today after 14 years. my diary choices today look really horrible I've been eating away my emotions . Plus on top of it I spent most of my day with my coworkers at a lunch and packing my stuff to leave

Oh, Holly I am so sorry! I wouldn't worry too much about your food choices, it was an upsetting day. I hope they gave you some kind of severance while you look for another job. Keeping you in my thoughts as you start that process. {{{hugs}}}

• Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @mnwalkingqueen‌ - Holly, so sorry about your job. I know how scary and stressful that can be. I hope something even better is in store for you.

AFM - Doing fine food and exercise wise. Stress level is awful. DHs company is likely declaring bankruptcy today. No clue if he'll have a job at the end of today or not. I do know his pension will be worth half what it was yesterday. That's a big blow to our plans for retirement and since we're both 56 our time is limited to recover. It makes me mad knowing that decades of bad management caused this and the ones responsible probably have golden parachutes to protect them. We have a parachute with a broken rip cord and a few holes. Gonna be a tough landing.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @Karen~Thanks for sharing the poem, I :heart: William Blake. I've been dealing with maladies in recent weeks, it really hit home--definitely needed the reminder not to let things fester. :wink: Have I mentioned how 2015 has not been off to the greatest start? :anguished:
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: Just wishing my private wish for my sister, her family and our whole family today.

Coming a bit unrailed food-wise because of emotions this week. Trying to rein it in and regain control.
    Today, I will be going to the school on my lunch hour to watch/listen to my daughter read her book that she wrote. It's "Meet the Author" day! At long last! She is 7, and this has been her universe for the past several weeks....writing her story, compiling, practicing, prepping, etc. I have no idea what the story is about, but she read it to my husband yesterday when I wasn't around and he said it is interesting...hmmm. My son may have let the cat out of the bag when he whispered it was about American Girl doll...of course, she is writing a true story and AG is also her whole world right now, too! My parents are coming to Meet the Author as well, so I'm looking forward to that.

March:
    Calorie Goal- 5/21
    Exercise Goal- 6/12
    Veggie Goal-27/93 servings
    Lift Goal: 3/8
    Leg Press-185/200
    Squats-180/200
    Abs- 152.5/165
    Back- 152.5/165
    Triceps- 82.5/90
    Biceps- 82.5/90

2015 Mantra: You Know Better! ~and~ Finish This Baby!

• 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    @Tanya949‌ those dreaded carbs...I wish they were healthy :) sooo hard to resist.

@Lives2Travel So sorry to hear about y'all's retirement loss. It's frustrating to have worked hard for something then have it snatched away.

@KMHtime‌ It takes courage to track everything we eat, will be thinking of you today as you start your journey.

@grandmakaye44 Will be praying for your husband recovery.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    @Karen…my puppy has a sensitive stomach. We’ve gone through about 5 different dog foods and finally found one that lets him have “normal” bowel movements. However, as a puppy, he chews on anything and if we aren’t careful, he might get a lick of something before a plate is moved away or find something on the floor (my kids and husband are horrible about that). That usually results in one or two times of diarrhea. This was just the first time in a while and it happened to be overnight so I had to deal with it. Vet thinks he’ll just outgrow it and if it lasts more than two potty trips, we do rice and ground beef mix.

Your poem makes me think of my husband’s family. They all get upset about things but never bring it up with them…just keep it all in and then get resentful. My family pretty much tells it like it is but gets over it quickly. We try to do the same thing with excitement and love…pretty expressive people and the noise level at our gatherings prove it.

@Laurie…sorry to hear about your gain. You’ve been such a great example to us and I know you can get back on track.

@Holly…I’m so sorry to hear about your job. Those are tough times and I sure hope they gave you a good package. In my line of work, when someone has to be let go (individuals, not downsizing like for you), we can’t have them stay at work for even a day for security purposes, so they get some good packages.

@Kaye…glad the surgery went well. My daughter would tell you that stitches aren’t bad, but the needle they use to numb the area is awful (she had a mole removed on her hip last year and it was very traumatic for her).

@L2T…sorry to hear about husband’s pension. I hate when I hear stories like that. Especially because as you say, the top brass usually is a-ok – it’s the middle and bottom guys that suffer.

@Hansea…my daughter has been talking about her book too. She told me it will be 24 pages when she is done???!!!! We’ve been invited to read to the class this month, so I just have to figure out when and what. I did it last year and it was fun.

AFM…I had yesterday off. I slept in a little and then cleaned house. I got my carpet cleaned (which was my main objective), refrigerator and freezer cleaned out (gross), lots of tidying up and getting the house ready for spring. It was a beautiful day and the windows were open and I got some reading in too. Then it was supper out with my hubby, daughter, sister and soon to be brother in law. My son missed out because he was at a classmates working on their volcano project. My sister and I then hit the gym for a lifting session. Back home to stay up too late to read more (when am I ever going to learn?? Oh probably when this book series is done – ha).

Wednesday wish…that I could get the food under control like I have the exercise. I’m not sure why I seem to always struggle with one or the other.

• melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options

Hugs for you, Holly. Layoffs suck (I've been laid off twice in the past 10 years), but I've found that they can open new doors to better opportunities. It's OK to grieve for a bit, then
    it's time to refocus and choose new priorities. You're going to come out of this better than ever!