potatoes good or bad

Options

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    The idea of a sweetener on a sweet potato seems ick to me, but that's why taste is subjective. (Don't get me started on the unholy sweet potato/marshmallow thing.)

Ditto this. I grew up thinking I hated sweet potatoes because no one I knew (literally no one) ever made them without added sugar or marshmallows.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    laurielima wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Ya know what....eat whatever you like. I am not the resident expert or food police. sorry

There you go, now you get it.

the response to an apology is grace...which is obviously lacking on this thread. soo.. gb.

Snarky/Sarcastic "apologies" don't count. Instead, posting something like this would have been amusing and conveyed the same message:

4bd62751772b2d4f367a86e8498eaac7.jpg
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Potatoes, with the cheese and butter and salt, are good for the soul. They are my absolute favorite thing and I make them fit into my calories. I run for potatoes.

ETA: and beer. I run for potatoes and beer.
    ETA (after reading through this thread): Holy cow. My comments should go over well. and Lighten up, peeps. Potatoes are nummmy.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    No, we have.

The idea of a sweetener on a sweet potato seems ick to me, but that's why taste is subjective. (Don't get me started on the unholy sweet potato/marshmallow thing.)

Loads of butter, brown sugar AND colorful mini marshmallows.

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    No, we have.

And now we can get Peeps into this thread, too.

• lisa_kt
    lisa_kt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I meal prep with sweet potatoes :) boil up 2 or 3 of them and portion them out for a 5 day work week. Sprinkle with some salt and peppa and voila!

Maybe "they" are talking about potato chips?
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    No, we have.

7058839451_fc59fc69c41.jpg
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    No, we have.

Just place in the microwave and heat!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    No, we have.

FUUUUUUCK YESSSSSSS!!!!!!
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    No, we have.

Hehehe

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your goals and preferences. I eat potatoes, but not often. The fiber to total carb ratio makes them a "sometimes" food for me.

I don't really like potatoes without quite a bit of fat added so the calorie count is too high to eat often.

This is another of the reasons I hadn't had any, then it occurred to me that mixing the garlic that usually goes in my butter with cottage cheese might do the trick, and sure enough it did. May not work for you, but turns out I am all about the garlic part of the garlic butter (which is not to say I don't think butter is the bomb or that I can work it in, just didn't want to for that meal).
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    It really depends on your goals and preferences. I eat potatoes, but not often. The fiber to total carb ratio makes them a "sometimes" food for me.

I don't really like potatoes without quite a bit of fat added so the calorie count is too high to eat often.

This is another of the reasons I hadn't had any, then it occurred to me that mixing the garlic that usually goes in my butter with cottage cheese might do the trick, and sure enough it did. May not work for you, but turns out I am all about the garlic part of the garlic butter (which is not to say I don't think butter is the bomb or that I can work it in, just didn't want to for that meal).

I am sitting here now, as we speak, having just unearthed the potato underneath my lentil chili. I tossed it with some Kerry Gold. Frackin' scrumptious. 36 calories of awesome. I don't eat much butter, so I only buy grass-fed stuff so there's lots of flavor.

• Nony_Mouse
    Options

I am sitting here now, as we speak, having just unearthed the potato underneath my lentil chili. I tossed it with some Kerry Gold. Frackin' scrumptious. 36 calories of awesome. I don't eat much butter, so I only buy grass-fed stuff so there's lots of flavor.

Only kind we have in NZ :). I need to get butter next time I'm at the supermarket, I'll be getting this stuff, apparently it's amazeballs: http://www.lewisroadcreamery.co.nz/premiumbutters
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    And maybe some of this, depending how crazy expensive it is: http://www.lewisroadcreamery.co.nz/artisanbutters
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    And maybe some of this, depending how crazy expensive it is: http://www.lewisroadcreamery.co.nz/artisanbutters

Oh that sounds like a worth it splurge.

• Nony_Mouse
    Options

Oh that sounds like a worth it splurge.

I know right!! I love this country, and my city (it's like foodie heaven). One of the select few places that sells the artisan one is a mere hop, skip and a jump from my house too :D.
  • judiness101
    judiness101 Posts: 119 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Potatoes are great! I love my starches, potatoes, sweet potatoes, manioc, all the squashes...
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    No, we have.

Unholy? More like delicious.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    No, we have.

Wait just one goddamn minute, here. That's no good. You forgot to remove the eyes.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Ya know what....eat whatever you like. I am not the resident expert or food police. sorry

There you go, now you get it.

the response to an apology is grace...which is obviously lacking on this thread. soo.. gb.

"I grace thee holy Potato and ask you to provide thine body with the holiest of nutrients"