Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    sullus wrote: »
    laurielima wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Ya know what....eat whatever you like. I am not the resident expert or food police. sorry

There you go, now you get it.

the response to an apology is grace...which is obviously lacking on this thread. soo.. gb.

Snarky/Sarcastic "apologies" don't count. Instead, posting something like this would have been amusing and conveyed the same message:

4bd62751772b2d4f367a86e8498eaac7.jpg

that was a sincere sorry....but wow still on the potato...get a life (right back at ya dude)

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Ya know what....eat whatever you like. I am not the resident expert or food police. sorry

the response to an apology is grace...which is obviously lacking on this thread. soo.. gb.

Snarky/Sarcastic "apologies" don't count. Instead, posting something like this would have been amusing and conveyed the same message:

that was a sincere sorry....but wow still on the potato...get a life (right back at ya dude)

I'm always amused when people in one thread tell someone in the same thread that they're spending too much time on the subject and need to get a life. Always.

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options

Who is this dude you speak of? Me?!? Honestly, I am not surprised someone was upset in this thread. . . .we are discussing potatoes after all.

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options

I'm always amused when people in one thread tell someone in the same thread that they're spending too much time on the subject and need to get a life. Always.

I was starting to think some of these ingredients (toppings) combined could resemble a Brunswick Stew. . . .

• Constancio_Ross
    Options
    Drinking water , good or bad ? I've heard water has a lot of empty calories.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    They're fine as long as they don't look like Benedict Cumberbatch

Bv7W3IqCMAA6gjF.jpg
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I eat potatoes all the time. If u like them , then fit it into your day. Its as simple as that
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big baked potato eater, I rather cook them with my food, so an average meal with potatoes will also have chicken, onions, zucchini or eggplant, carrots, etc. :))))
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Wait...who said they have to be a side dish? In my house, baked potato bar (with liberal fixins options) is a meal. Add your own meat, dairy/fat, and veg. FULL MEAL.

Break outside the 1950s meat/starch/boiled veg model!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    No, we have.

The idea of a sweetener on a sweet potato seems ick to me, but that's why taste is subjective. (Don't get me started on the unholy sweet potato/marshmallow thing.)

Loads of butter, brown sugar AND colorful mini marshmallows.

And now we can get Peeps into this thread, too.

7058839451_fc59fc69c41.jpg

This is relevant to my interests... I make sweet potato casserole every Thanksgiving...
  • punchgut
    punchgut Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    YES!
  • spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    All potatoes are good, but my fav are the 'sunlite' variety. Got them because all the other kind at the stand had a green cast to them, and discovered they are lower-calorie gram for gram to most other varieties I've seen (and grown local!). The skin is delicate and delicious and the flesh is creamy and buttery before even adding anything. Had one for dinner tonight. Bake until the skin is crispy, just a little salt and garlic... no butter needed. Nom.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    ... had a cheesy potato for dinner tonight. Thank you, OP. :smiley:
  • janisvin
    janisvin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I eat a very large sweet potato after almost every morning workout and it is soooo satisfying! I bake in the oven in skin and eat it absolutely plain or with hot sauce. Make sure you choose hard, heavy potatoes and they will be super moist. Only 190 cals!!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    It really depends on your goals and preferences. I eat potatoes, but not often. The fiber to total carb ratio makes them a "sometimes" food for me.

I don't really like potatoes without quite a bit of fat added so the calorie count is too high to eat often.

This is another of the reasons I hadn't had any, then it occurred to me that mixing the garlic that usually goes in my butter with cottage cheese might do the trick, and sure enough it did. May not work for you, but turns out I am all about the garlic part of the garlic butter (which is not to say I don't think butter is the bomb or that I can work it in, just didn't want to for that meal).

I love cottage cheese but honestly the thought of putting it on a potato does not sound appealing. I don't see any reason to try to find lower fat ways to eat a potato. I'm fine with having them occasionally.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your goals and preferences. I eat potatoes, but not often. The fiber to total carb ratio makes them a "sometimes" food for me.

I don't really like potatoes without quite a bit of fat added so the calorie count is too high to eat often.

This is another of the reasons I hadn't had any, then it occurred to me that mixing the garlic that usually goes in my butter with cottage cheese might do the trick, and sure enough it did. May not work for you, but turns out I am all about the garlic part of the garlic butter (which is not to say I don't think butter is the bomb or that I can work it in, just didn't want to for that meal).

I love cottage cheese but honestly the thought of putting it on a potato does not sound appealing. I don't see any reason to try to find lower fat ways to eat a potato. I'm fine with having them occasionally.

yeah, I love cottage cheese but not on a potato. I do put Fage 0% greek yogurt on mine in lieu of sour cream. It's a good protein boost and gives that creaminess that you might miss on a dry potato.

Of course, if you are looking to push up into your fat macro, full fat greek yogurt is also good.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »

yeah, I love cottage cheese but not on a potato. I do put Fage 0% greek yogurt on mine in lieu of sour cream. It's a good protein boost and gives that creaminess that you might miss on a dry potato.

Of course, if you are looking to push up into your fat macro, full fat greek yogurt is also good.

I love full fat greek yogurt on a baked potato...