20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Good Morning beautiful women,

Today is the day to find one thing you love about yourself and post it along with any weight info you may or may not feel like sharing.

I think I am a good mom. I have had some challenging social situations with my youngest child lately and I am doing my best parenting to date. I guess we are as happy as our most unhappy child but I am doing my best to stay focused and not punish myself through eating. I also really love my hair:) I will post weight info tomorrow.

your turn!!

Stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Stephanie

I really like this quote of yours
    " Do not punish myself through eating."

I think I do that a lot too many times

marie
  • pattykaye33
    pattykaye33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to see that some of you are trying the green smoothies...it really worked for me.

I couldn't do 3 a day though. I had 2 smoothies a day and a healthy dinner. Now I have at least one a day (my breakfast). Sometimes I will have another for lunch plus I exercise more. I've lost 20 pounds and 5 inches around the waist since Dec!!

I wish everyone good luck!

5 inches around the waist? That is incredible, excellent job and congratulations! :D
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I made my bean smoothie not bad at all. it turn out Olive green.
    Drinking my bean shake no. not bad. it has Pinto beans, spinach, skim milk. Strawberries and water 2 pkg splenda. A complete 1-1-1- meal. I think I will try some kind of white beans next time. And there will be a next time.soon
    marie

• wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Marie, I'm glad your bean smoothie turned out good. White beans would probably give a less 'beany' taste. When you first mentioned the black bean smoothie I wasn't so sure about it, but your description makes it sound a whole lot better! Good for you for trying it!

Cristina, that's an amazing loss since December---way to go!

Meeting friends at a pasta restaurant for dinner tonight. I'll stay away from all the carbs and enjoy a big salad. I already checked the menu; it's a landmine of carbs.
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    This week is going really fast. Will be going home Saturday morning and will get back on
    schedule.
    So good to read your posts when I get a chance.
    Looks like some good loses this week.
    Keep up the good work!!
    Nancy

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Nancy - Hang in there you are just having a bad week probably because of the weather.
    Can you do some exercising indoors on those bad days?
    Keep yourself coming here everyday and you will get reconnected soon.

It was a beautiful day and I walked for 40 min and then got on my bike for 15 min. I made some homemade barley soup yesterday so I had that for lunch today. Still trying to take off vacation
    weight so I will see how the scale looks tomorrow when I check in.

The snow is melting around here and the temps are getting warmer. Easier to walk on the sidewalks now. :)

Shirley
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I have been swimming for two weeks now. I finally "graduated" from the smaller warmer pool to the bigger pool. I only dog paddle to give my legs more strength building opportunity. I was finally able to swim the length of the pool in under 60 seconds by just using my legs. On Monday it took me a minute 35 to do the same thing
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I have been swimming for two weeks now. I finally "graduated" from the smaller warmer pool to the bigger pool. I only dog paddle to give my legs more strength building opportunity. I was finally able to swim the length of the pool in under 60 seconds by just using my legs. On Monday it took me a minute 35 to do the same thing
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, its been warmer here this week, I have walked the 2 days it didnt rain, and going to in alittle bit. It feels great to be outside without a coat enjoying the day, and getting exercise. I hope to see a loss soon.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good afternoon, its been warmer here this week, I have walked the 2 days it didnt rain, and going to in alittle bit. It feels great to be outside without a coat enjoying the day, and getting exercise. I hope to see a loss soon.

Sounds Great Janice

Marie

• rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I love hearing that the weather is improving for so many, isn't it great? :D We've had the patio door open for the last few days, I love it. And the kitties love it too! They're "bird watching". I feel like the sunshine is literally the light at the end of the tunnel. Nice weather makes me feel a little fitter, and want to keep getting fitter.

I will be starting school on Monday(yay!). I have all night classes, from 6:00-11:00 and 6:00-10:00, three days a week. I am determined to maintain my fitness goals and practices. I know there will be times when temptation tries to sneak my way, but I'll get through it. The good thing is night time classes mean I can get my gym time in in the morning, and not have to worry about finding the energy to do it after class. And I see myself going through a lot of gum during study times. :P
  • rayw89
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    I made my bean smoothie not bad at all. it turn out Olive green.
    Drinking my bean shake no. not bad. it has Pinto beans, spinach, skim milk. Strawberries and water 2 pkg splenda. A complete 1-1-1- meal. I think I will try some kind of white beans next time. And there will be a next time.soon
    marie

You're braver than I am! I love pinto beans, but I don't think I could handle knowing they were in my smoothie. Haha.

Rachel
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to see that some of you are trying the green smoothies...it really worked for me.

I couldn't do 3 a day though. I had 2 smoothies a day and a healthy dinner. Now I have at least one a day (my breakfast). Sometimes I will have another for lunch plus I exercise more. I've lost 20 pounds and 5 inches around the waist since Dec!!

I wish everyone good luck!

5 inches around the waist? That is incredible, excellent job and congratulations! :D

Thank you!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Rachel The only thing I did not like was the coconut oil it stay on top in little bitty chunk may need to used ground flax seeds to get my fat. Did not like the olive green colore ither.Avocado would have been better than flax too Good luck with your classes

have a blessed weekend.How many kitties you got.
    Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Marie- Instead of coconut oil have you tried coconut milk. I use the milk in my smoothies.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Shirley I just check coconut milk out and can have it as a fat. So I will try that out Thanks
    What is your faverite smoothie?
    Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    :D The best eating plan is the one you'll stick to

:D The best exercise is the one you'll do
  • rayw89
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Hi Rachel The only thing I did not like was the coconut oil it stay on top in little bitty chunk may need to used ground flax seeds to get my fat. Did not like the olive green colore ither.Avocado would have been better than flax too Good luck with your classes

have a blessed weekend.How many kitties you got.
    Marie

If coconut milk will give you the fat required, I'd definitely recommend it over the oil. I use it a lot for a milk substitute for cooking(because it has a slightly thicker consistency than soy/almond/cashew milk). I also just started using cashew milk, it's really good too. And it only has 25 calories in a cup! And unsweetened coconut milk usually only has 45 calories in a cup, and while we're at it, unsweetened almond milk usually has 30 calories per cup. All great milk substitutes for smoothies and so many other things.
    Avocado is really good in smoothies too!

I have 2 kitties, Honey and Kitty. My little fur babies. <3
    I hope you have a blessed weekend too!

Rachel
  • eileenjez
    eileenjez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Finally getting back into the swing of things. I'm back up to my 15,000 steps. The weigh-in is going to be a little bit tricky since I haven't been eating normal meals which is not good for me trying to keep my BS numbers level. I figure another week and I'll be back completely.
    On a great note the snow has been melting and is almost completely gone. Temps have been in the mid 50's. For North Dakota this is wonderful.

Eileen