Is Pizza Fast Food?

Options

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    laurielima wrote: »
    Pizza can be fast food and healthy or fast food and it can be very unhealthy OR it can be slow cooked in a brick oven with spectacular fresh ingredients that may be high in calorie but constitutes a meal in and of itself. It basically depends how its cooked and what is on it.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Pizza can be fast food, it can be very unhealthy OR it can be slow cooked in a brick oven with spectacular fresh ingredients that may be high in calorie but constitutes a meal in and of itself.

so slow cooked good; dominos bad?

if I have dominios with the exact same ingredients as the brick over, which is "bad" and which is"good"...

this argument is ridiculous...
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Pizza can be fast food, it can be very unhealthy OR it can be slow cooked in a brick oven with spectacular fresh ingredients that may be high in calorie but constitutes a meal in and of itself.

Who slow cooks pizza? Every recipe I've seen is cooked pretty quickly at a high temp, regardless of oven type.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options

Who slow cooks pizza? Every recipe I've seen is cooked pretty quickly at a high temp, regardless of oven type.

Well because then that becomes "fast" food and thus "bad", of course
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Deep dish? That usually takes at least half an hour (do not order when super hungry; can lead to hanger...).
  • ndj1979
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »

right so:

> 10 minutes = fast = bad
    < 10 minutes = slow cooked= good

I am glad we have the mathematical equation down now...
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

Touché
  • glevinso
    Options
    I am amused that the OP never came back to clarify the purpose of the question...
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Deep dish? That usually takes at least half an hour (do not order when super hungry; can lead to hanger...).

Ah, yes. I guess that's true. I don't care for deep dish so did not think of this.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I am amused that the OP never came back to clarify the purpose of the question...

she probably already deactivated...
  • Need2Exerc1se
    edited March 2015
    Options

Why should she feel obligated to clarify her reasons for asking? It's not as if any of us is required to respond.
  • glevinso
    Options
    Never said she was obligated... but she sparked a fun good 11 page thread... :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    Never said she was obligated... but she sparked a fun good 11 page thread... :)

That's true you did not. I just don't understand the constant nagging for it. Honestly, I probably wouldn't answer either. It's a loaded question.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Goddamn, is this thread still going?
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Goddamn, is this thread still going?
    It's pizza Friday!
  • glevinso
    Options
    What else are we gonna argue about? Cleanses?
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Is eating clean pizza fast for detox, or are bad carbs ketogenic for "unclean" fast quality good? Am I right?
  • glevinso
    Options
    Only peeps are good for detoxing
  • ndj1979
    Options
    What else are we gonna argue about? Cleanses?

pizza cleanse is the only cleanse I do ...
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

so slow cooked good; dominos bad?

if I have dominios with the exact same ingredients as the brick over, which is "bad" and which is"good"...

this argument is ridiculous...
    All this binary good/bad talk is giving me flashbacks...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIuR5TNyL8Y