Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    Guys. If you hate running, it's probably not for you. People whose bodies are built for running pretty much know it. They like running.

The like of running is in the mind not the body.

Tell that to my peroneal tendon and plantar fascia :/

I'm not a foot person. Sorry :(

See the above post.

Not converted. Still not a foot person :(
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Guys. If you hate running, it's probably not for you. People whose bodies are built for running pretty much know it. They like running.

See the above post.

Well, if he's doing what he can to improve his health, and right now that's diet, that's good. It would be better if he did other stuff, obviously, but people can do what they can do
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options

See the above post.

Well, if he's doing what he can to improve his health, and right now that's diet, that's good. It would be better if he did other stuff, obviously, but people can do what they can do

Very true!
  • ncboiler89
    Options

See the above post.

I could do "other stuff". I'm young and virile however it bores me. I can get done what I want to get done without doing the other stuff.
  • tomatoey
    Options

See the above post.

I could do "other stuff". I'm young and virile however it bores me. I can get done what I want to get done without doing the other stuff.

Lol no one accused you of not being young or virile lolol :) I meant can, given your lifestyle and priorities. So you don't want to work out, you're making progress towards your goals, all to the good :)
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't see fitness as a total requirement to lose weight. As long as you eat at a deficit you will lose... Sure, exercise is definitely a great thing to add for your overall well being, but not required for success.

And BTW, Main Forums >> General Diet And Weight Loss Help doesn't 100% mean that this forum is for fitness... Sure the site's Myfitnesspal, just not this section of the forum...

I just support anyone's attempt to lose weight. Some can't physically exercise due to health conditions or disability, but that doesn't mean they can't attempt to do so in a healthy manner.
  • haysavam
    haysavam Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! This is so true!!!

My Netflix binging has decreased significantly since I've started working out and worked on eating healthy.
    Which in turn has cut back on my food binging. Well whatdya know!!!! And every time someone says that to me, I just think, no, it's your choice.
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    haysavam wrote: »
    Oh my gosh! This is so true!!!

My Netflix binging has decreased significantly since I've started working out and worked on eating healthy.
    Which in turn has cut back on my food binging. Well whatdya know!!!! And every time someone says that to me, I just think, no, it's your choice.

Funny how that happens, isn't it?
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    i think a more suitable way to encourage people would be to tell them to find time to move more not to blast them and maiking them feel lazy and procrastinating.

People get busy and tired, sometimes the last thing we WANT to do is excersize at the end of a long full day, sometimes we want to take that last free hour and make that phone call, play a game, or lounge on the couch.

It truley is rude of you to make an assumption about a popultaion.

I think the point would have came across better by encouraging people to move more durring their day.....such as parking further away, taking brisk walks around the office when they can, going for walk or to the gym on the weekends, etc......??????

Not everyone wants to go gladiator style on a workout routine nor is there a need to, there is only a need to move more for general health and fitness. Not all of us are striving to be hard bodies, we are not all 20 here ya know.

I'm hardly a gladiator. Just saying that people who can't believe they are not losing weight can never find time to exercise, weigh their food, but have plenty of time to sit in front of the television eating pizza and beer and then complain that they are not losing weight. If you are determined to do it, you will find a way. If you are not, you will find excuses.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    Exercise if the work of the devil. I've done none in two months, I mean none, and have lost 20 pounds. Exorcise is for getting fit and making your body parts better so you don't die before you are supposed to but this is a weight loss forum and not a getting fit forum.

Did you intentionally spell "exercise" as "exorcise"? And this is a FITNESS forum, which includes losing extra weight, exercising, and working toward and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

You seem pissed. Go for a run and calm down.

This is why I flagged him.

Doing that isn't really worth a warning on your account is it?

If you flag and don't win you get a warning? Wow how fun is that?
  • tomatoey
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ok I have a serious question - do people really work out while watching tv? Not like, they just have the tv on to keep themselves from jumping off the treadmill. But I can't imagine doing squats while I'm watching my favourite show (if I had one, I don't right now, but say I did). That to me would be relax time.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    Ok I have a serious question - do people really work out while watching tv? Not like, they just have the tv on to keep themselves from jumping off the treadmill. But I can't imagine doing squats while I'm watching my favourite show (if I had one, I don't right now, but say I did).

Outside sex while watching the hockey game....no
  • tomatoey
    Options
    Ok I have a serious question - do people really work out while watching tv? Not like, they just have the tv on to keep themselves from jumping off the treadmill. But I can't imagine doing squats while I'm watching my favourite show (if I had one, I don't right now, but say I did).

lol, ok you're virile, we get the point, you don't have dementia, lololol
  • ncboiler89
    Options

I don't have what?
  • tomatoey
    Options
    But yeah, me neither.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP - why are you telling people what to do?
  • tomatoey
    Options

I don't have what?

I thought mention of it earlier might have been why you were going on about hockey and killing mastadons or whatever
  • tomatoey
    Options
    ^^ euphemism maybe
  • ncboiler89
    Options

I don't have what?

I thought mention of it earlier might have been why you were going on about hockey and killing mastadons or whatever

mmmmmm. Mastadons.