The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,190 Member
    We had an all night Burrito place in San Angelo, Tx. That was really yummy but not very good for my mid section. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    The D-Con dog did well. YEAH!!!
  • usmc01462
    usmc01462 Posts: 1,944 Member
    morning
  • sufferlandrian
    Only three hours to go and I'm out of here! :-)
  • sufferlandrian
    I'm getting stumped on this one. I've got a dog that got into some kind of a toxin but nothing is standing out on blood work. The poor dog seizures every time we let it wake up.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,425 Member
    Hope the seizure pup did ok, Suffer. The bird is ok, she has some issue opening her beak all the way, but her weight is stable and she's drinking. Lymphoma boy is on steroids for now. I'm going to try to concentrate on my CICO now :-)
  • sufferlandrian
    Sorry about your lymphoma boy. Are they going to try anything in addition to steroids? Hopefully your Conure will continue to get better. Are your weighing her? If you don't have a gram scale keep checking the keel bone to make sure it doesn't start to get prominent. That's a really good indicator of weight loss.
  • MadDogManor
    I am using my food scale for the conure ;-) Her weight is stable, btwn 65 and 67 grams. Lymphoma boy had Madison Wisconsin protocol chemo last year - he did well, but it's been 12 months, and that's about the estimate they gave us. He's going to doggie heaven on Friday. We don't want him to suffer more. Thanks for asking
  • sufferlandrian
    I'm sorry about that. Even when you know it's the right thing, it's still not the easy thing. Glad the Conure is doing well.
  • sufferlandrian
    I hate having to work sick but there isn't anyone else to cover my shift. You can't exactly close the ER. I hope my techs stay healthy.
  • MadDogManor
    Sometimes (most nights) I WISH we could close our ER - we don't have enough lab processors to receive and deliver the samples, so we have to stop what we're doing and process them. My question is, do you want me to run your samples and call your criticals and maintain my analyzers in my section, or do you want me to deliver your samples? I can't do both at the same time...I hope you feel better!
  • tattooedvegan216
    tattooedvegan216 Posts: 169 Member
    Hey everyone! New/returning to mfp...how's everyone doing tonight? Night 1 of 9 almost done!
  • I wish it was 7am already. Night shift is going slow tonight.
  • tattooedvegan216
    Would love to add some night shifters to my friends list if anyone has room on their FL
  • hot4fitness2
    hot4fitness2 Posts: 528 Member
    Took a leave of absence to take care of some issues. Im back and ready to get back in the game!
  • sufferlandrian
    I lucked out. The vet that was supposed to be leaving for a couple months came in Wednesday and said he messed up on what day he was supposed to be leaving. He gave me two nights off and that's all it took to kick this cold. Still not 100% but I sure feel a lot better. Glad to see you guys on here. Welcome back TattoedVegan and Hot4fitness2. On shift 1 of 86. LOL! :smile: Can't wait for the other vet to get back.
  • sufferlandrian
    @tattooedvegan216‌ - The tattoo looks impressive. You didn't get that all in one session did you? That would hurt! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
  • tattooedvegan216
    @tattooedvegan216‌ - The tattoo looks impressive. You didn't get that all in one session did you? That would hurt! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    All in one sitting is the only way to get it done! Unfortunately it took two sittings because of the detailing...I'm happy your feeling better!
  • hot4fitness2
    hot4fitness2 Posts: 528 Member
    Here I am Day 5 of nightshift!! On the TBI unit LOL
  • sufferlandrian
    @hot4fitness2‌ - TBI?
    @tattooedvegan216‌ - Well, it does look impressive.

I think I'm going to try a nice easy spin on the exercise bike. I think something around 4-8 mph should keep me from having troubles. Maybe I should go buy a tricycle from Walmart. I wonder if they still sell Big Wheels? That would be cool tooling around the clinic on a Big Wheel. :smile: