The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• tattooedvegan216
    tattooedvegan216 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    pi
    @hot4fitness2‌ - TBI?
    @tattooedvegan216‌ - Well, it does look impressive.

I think I'm going to try a nice easy spin on the exercise bike. I think something around 4-8 mph should keep me from having troubles. Maybe I should go buy a tricycle from Walmart. I wonder if they still sell Big Wheels? That would be cool tooling around the clinic on a Big Wheel. :smile:
    Lol I would love to see that around lmao and thank you
  • Flirtin_With_Disaster
    Options
    Kisuke30 wrote: »
    pssh. the nightshifters are still here!

Yes we are!!! ( insert sinister laughter here)
  • tattooedvegan216
    Options
    pscapps1 wrote: »
    Kisuke30 wrote: »
    pssh. the nightshifters are still here!

Yes we are!!! ( insert sinister laughter here)
    Lol only the crazies work night shift since it's not for the faint of heart hahahaha <--my attempt to sinister laugh
  • hansmdude
    hansmdude Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Night-Shifter and Weekend-Shifter here for most of the last 25 years... I wonder how that will affect me when I finally retire, LOL
    But I love the perks... less traffic, parking in front of my residence when I get home, extra pay for night and weekend work, quiet house after work, LOL
  • SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    extremely bored tonight. definitely gonna have to stop by the other guy's post to see his new car. bored out of my mind.
  • hot4fitness2
    hot4fitness2 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    TBI- Traumatic Brain Injury. I am the night shift nursing supervisor in an acute rehab hospital specializing in rehab of severe brain injury. I am finally learning ot manage my health and fitness and finding a great balance with working this shift. I dont have to work weekends though. Yeah!!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,199 Member
    Options
    @hot4fitness2‌ - That would be a tough job. Brain injuries can so unpredictable. Glad people like you are willing to do it.

Well, 12 miles on the bike. I've been sick for the last week and couldn't ride so it was good. I would have liked to go further but I'm not pushing it. It's amazing how quickly your buttocks gets unaccustomed to the saddle.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am an assistant manager in a group home for people with all kinds of disabilities! I work evening mostly but take night shift whenever possible! I love the quiet, and the calm and i am normally a night owl anyway! I have 3 night shifts this week and am preparing now so thought I might check out this group!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @cindytw‌ - Welcome! Some nights this group is hopping. Some nights it's dead. Usually it's hopping when things are slow. Glad to have another person pop in. :smile:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Happy Pi day!
    happy-pi-day.jpeg
    Tonight my coworkers and I are celebrating March 14th, Pi(e) day! A potluck themed around pies. So far I had a couple of slices of pizza pie, chicken pot pie, and shepherd's pie. After I wake up from my food coma I shall continue with some apple, lemon and berry pie.
  • cindytw
    Options
    @sufferlandrian thanks! I am a dog person too! Well an animal person actually! I am a sucker for all of them!
  • mizbubblz
    mizbubblz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    WOW a thread for night shifters!!! I didnt know this existed, shall make my nights a little less boring.
  • tattooedvegan216
    Options
    cindytw wrote: »
    Hello! I am an assistant manager in a group home for people with all kinds of disabilities! I work evening mostly but take night shift whenever possible! I love the quiet, and the calm and i am normally a night owl anyway! I have 3 night shifts this week and am preparing now so thought I might check out this group!
    mizbubblz wrote: »
    WOW a thread for night shifters!!! I didnt know this existed, shall make my nights a little less boring.

Hey there! Welcome to the dark side lol
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    That's right! Pi day. I'm heading to the store for some Pi. Anyone want some? I was thinking strawberry rhubarb.
  • hot4fitness2
    Options
    i will take some of htat Strawberry Rhubard if you feel like sharing
  • rockyyy1991
    rockyyy1991 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My night shift job, I work front desk at a hotel. Most nights it's slow but tonight has been crazy (Friday the 13th) and I just had to make another key for a guy who got locked out of his room. Funny part, he was only wearing underwear, socks, and a bright green jock strap thong that went over his shoulders! Haha he was so embarrassed! Made my night lol
  • cindytw
    Options
    My night shift job, I work front desk at a hotel. Most nights it's slow but tonight has been crazy (Friday the 13th) and I just had to make another key for a guy who got locked out of his room. Funny part, he was only wearing underwear, socks, and a bright green jock strap thong that went over his shoulders! Haha he was so embarrassed! Made my night lol
    That is funny Fri the 13h stuff! We had stuff like peopl eprojectile puking, falling, behaviors for no objective reason...just chaos!

• rockyyy1991
    rockyyy1991 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    ^^haha yea it's been chaos. And gosh, yours sounds like a nightmare :|
  • hot4fitness2
    Options
    Im itching to do some pole dancing
  • cindytw
    Options
    @rockyyy1991 It was, but the good news is they sleep well so tomorrow I will have a few hours at best of chaos and then seeping! Even on a double! :)