CHALLENGE FOR MARCH 2015 -- SAY "NO" TO LATE NIGHT SNACKING

Options

Replies

• JustineElizabeth
    JustineElizabeth Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Me: 6 LNS: 5* Not been a good month for me so far but determined to make it a good one from now on!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Dreamingbutterfly said..."The food has become a part of readying me for sleep, but I eat until I'm full, which I really don't need, but I crave it. I need to learn a new way to settle myself down without food. Any suggestions?"

Can you figure out a way to replace old routines with new routines. For instance, if you plan your meal ahead of time, eat as soon as you get home, then shower at night rather than morning or plan to have a cup of herbal tea, set up a comfy corner to read or listen to music. Find a new thing to relax with and stick to it for a while to establish a new bedtime ritual.

I used to have desert every night before bed and now I buy expensive boxes of fancy tea instead! I have a cozy chair, a soft blanket and I sit down to plan tomorrow's eating, exersize and other fun stuff. Then it's off to dream land without a sugar rush.
  • katsmom0812
    katsmom0812 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    lamlam2013 wrote: »
    "Tired of self-sabotaging by munching after dinner? Upset that you double your in-calories at night? Then it's not just me . To get some help (or inspire us by your good example), please join us in this challenge.

You set what you feel is late night snacking. For example, if you have extra calories left for the day, you can have a snack if it's small. Others decide not to eat at a past a certain time. It's up to you.

We go by the formula:
    Me: "number indicating how many evenings you stuck to it"
    LNS: "number of times late night snacks won"

Example: Me: 2 - LNS: 0 indicates I won the first two nights.

Some people also add a * to the latest number. In the example, that would be
    Me: 2 - LNS: 1*
    if LNS won the 3rd night.

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated, as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile .

Welcome!
    Me: 4 LNS: 1.

• katsmom0812
    katsmom0812 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm learning how to post and stuff so bare with me please. One thing I have found that is helpful for me and the late night snacking is chewing gum. I think my snacking was more out of boredom than really hungry. So this helps keep my mouth busy so I'm not craning junk in.
  • Gottastopovereating
    Gottastopovereating Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Me 1
    LNS 2
    I finally have a day with no cheat eats.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Me 11 :smiley:
    LNS 1

• lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    March 12

Me: 8*
    LNS: 4
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Me 1
    LNS 2
    I finally have a day with no cheat eats.
    Nice job!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Ok I'm learning how to post and stuff so bare with me please. One thing I have found that is helpful for me and the late night snacking is chewing gum. I think my snacking was more out of boredom than really hungry. So this helps keep my mouth busy so I'm not craning junk in.
    Thanks for the tip! :)

• lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    Dreamingbutterfly said..."The food has become a part of readying me for sleep, but I eat until I'm full, which I really don't need, but I crave it. I need to learn a new way to settle myself down without food. Any suggestions?"

Can you figure out a way to replace old routines with new routines. For instance, if you plan your meal ahead of time, eat as soon as you get home, then shower at night rather than morning or plan to have a cup of herbal tea, set up a comfy corner to read or listen to music. Find a new thing to relax with and stick to it for a while to establish a new bedtime ritual.

I used to have desert every night before bed and now I buy expensive boxes of fancy tea instead! I have a cozy chair, a soft blanket and I sit down to plan tomorrow's eating, exersize and other fun stuff. Then it's off to dream land without a sugar rush.
    I really like these suggestions. I'm going to put these into practice. :)
  • toshanik
    toshanik Posts: 3
    Options
    I would like to take the challenge. . 1st. Night
    0 LNS :D
    50452 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I almost blew it last night. I think it was the wine that I had; all pre-planned, of course. I had a cup of decaf tea, but it was hard to sleep. It amazes me how often my brain defaults to the fridge.

From now on, I'm closing my diary out after dinner and brushing my teeth.

Me: 6 LNS: 1

27 days to go.
  • Sandyloveschampagne
    Sandyloveschampagne Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    50452 wrote: »
    I almost blew it last night. I think it was the wine that I had; all pre-planned, of course. I had a cup of decaf tea, but it was hard to sleep. It amazes me how often my brain defaults to the fridge.

Decaf tea keeps me awake too, what is that about??
    Options
    50452 wrote: »

Decaf tea keeps me awake too, what is that about??

I don't think so. I was already awake and rambling around the house wanting to eat. I made the tea because my mind kept wandering back to the kitchen. I was hoping that the hot tea - Constant Comment; my favorite - would be enough. It did help. I also came back here and read, read, read.

I really think it was the wine. Alcohol does not always react well with my body. I get warm and flushed; have trouble sleeping. I planned for it, but I think it was too early. I'm only on day 9.
  • dawnmarie1012
    Options
    M=0 LNS=3
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    March 13

Me: 9*
    LNS: 4
    Options
    Me: 7