Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Jazzybrass
    Jazzybrass Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I sometimes buy cakes (cupcakes, iced buns, etc.) just to eat the icing. I have a lot of trouble not snacking constantly
  • happymum55
    happymum55 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Can I confess before I've done it? My kids are coming over with afternoon tea later for Mothers Day.
  • Jazzybrass
    Options
    I am very proud (and cannot share IRL) that I actually left 1/4 of my baked potato when I realised I was not hungry
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Confession: I got a 17.6 oz cup of Fage 0% greek yogurt on my lunch break because I was impressed with the amount of protein it had, but it tasted like curdled milk. I was suppressing my urge to vomit by the end of it (and only ate it because I paid for it).
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Jazzybrass wrote: »
    I sometimes buy cakes (cupcakes, iced buns, etc.) just to eat the icing. I have a lot of trouble not snacking constantly

Ok this sounds like something I'd do.

When I do eat a piece of cake, I eat the cake first, eating around the icing. Especially if it's a butter cream icing or other really sugary tasting type. Only when the cake it's gone, do I eat the icing, by itself.
  • Jazzybrass
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »

When I do eat a piece of cake, I eat the cake first, eating around the icing. Especially if it's a butter cream icing or other really sugary tasting type. Only when the cake it's gone, do I eat the icing, by itself.

I go one step further and just eat the icing, throwing the cake away. I only do this when alone with stuff from the reduced section of the super market. I am starting clean eating on Tuesday (when fruit/veg order comes) and hopefully today was the last time I do it. I may have made cream cheese icing once and eaten the whole batch
  • KingofWisdom
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I am jealous that guys don't have to shave their legs. I have to shave at least twice per week and am currently doing so every other day; my hair grows fast.
    Many men shave daily for their jobs and sometimes even have to maintain a certain length of hair because the traditionalists in charge think only women should have long hair.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    last night at about 2 in the morning I decided to eat an entire bag of pistachios and a big bowl of homemade applesauce with a massive amount of brown sugar on top ............while i watched heavy metal & also wizards (the animated movies) on youtube .

oh and i confess today i will probably go over calories slightly because i feel like i need to eat some prunes later on top of what is already planned. what a lame confession
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I am jealous that guys don't have to shave their legs. I have to shave at least twice per week and am currently doing so every other day; my hair grows fast.
    Many men shave daily for their jobs and sometimes even have to maintain a certain length of hair because the traditionalists in charge think only women should have long hair.

You can see your face. Not quite the same as the backs of your legs in a slippery bath tub.

• Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    last night at about 2 in the morning I decided to eat an entire bag of pistachios and a big bowl of homemade applesauce with a massive amount of brown sugar on top ............while i watched heavy metal & also wizards (the animated movies) on youtube .

oh and i confess today i will probably go over calories slightly because i feel like i need to eat some prunes later on top of what is already planned. what a lame confession

I confess that I love your lipstick color and would like to know what it is and where to buy it.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »

I go one step further and just eat the icing, throwing the cake away. I only do this when alone with stuff from the reduced section of the super market. I am starting clean eating on Tuesday (when fruit/veg order comes) and hopefully today was the last time I do it. I may have made cream cheese icing once and eaten the whole batch

If it weren't for the only times I eat cake is at gatherings I'd likely skip the cake too... after all the saying isn't "the icing on the cake" because the cake's the best part...

Now my mind's stick on buttercream...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I admit I squeed like a little girl when I noticed that the new treadmills at the gym have Solitaire on them. Best workout ever.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    caryb2015 wrote: »
    Today on my walk I spotted a half eaten bagel on the side of the road. In the past I would have assumed someone set it on the top of their car as they were getting in and then forgot it. Now thanks to this thread I'm wondering if someone tossed it out the window on purpose to avoid the calories.

:blush: Why ever would you wonder something like that? LOL ;)
    ...can't stop laughing at your post and how the thought entered your head on your walk.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    My "diet" is crap. I have no clue what Im doing. I just exercise hard and dont eat much.

Careful! This is a sure fire way to burn yourself out. Or risk injury. You don't have to overwhelm yourself with changes or make it complicated. Just start by making one meal per day healthier. Then build on that. You'll find that once your body has the correct fuel in the right amount workouts are much easier and you'll feel so much better. I know you didn't ask for advice, so feel free to ignore of course.

very helpful, thanks! I don't know why I complicate it at times... it really is simple when I focus and plan.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Neonbeige wrote: »
    I feel like a cheat about my profile pictures (here, on FB etc.) because they are so flattering and sometimes when I look in the mirror or a glass window I look like a total different person.

It´s like I have two faces (depending on my mood or whatever) or when looking in a mirror sometimes my brain tricks me into only seeing my chocolate side automatically and only sees the most benefical things about my face in the best light...half an hour later in a window or even worse on a picture others made it´s completely different.

My question/fear: which face do others see? The good mood or the bad mood one? Am I seeing myself more attractive when I am feeling good or am I seeing myself uglier when I am in a bad mood? What the hell do I look like?

Shall I go and see a therapist? :-D

Don't know the answer to your question, because it is MY question as well! You are not alone in feeling like this. I do, too. It's so frustrating at times. I'll look in the mirror and think, hmmm, not bad. Then later in the day I think I'm just so ugly and what can I do to change my appearance? Sorry I have no answers. Just empathy. Oh, and I do wonder what others see when they see me...

So I'm not alone in this... it's a weird phenomenon isn't it.

Rather reminds me of the Seinfeld episode of the gf that looks great then suddenly he turns around and she's not so great looking.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Neonbeige wrote: »
    I feel like a cheat about my profile pictures (here, on FB etc.) because they are so flattering and sometimes when I look in the mirror or a glass window I look like a total different person.

It´s like I have two faces (depending on my mood or whatever) or when looking in a mirror sometimes my brain tricks me into only seeing my chocolate side automatically and only sees the most benefical things about my face in the best light...half an hour later in a window or even worse on a picture others made it´s completely different.

My question/fear: which face do others see? The good mood or the bad mood one? Am I seeing myself more attractive when I am feeling good or am I seeing myself uglier when I am in a bad mood? What the hell do I look like?

Shall I go and see a therapist? :-D

I look vastly different in photos than in real life, but in the opposite direction -- I look significantly better (I hope!!) in the flesh than I appear in photos.

And I don't think it's entirely wishful thinking on my part because I've had people look at photos of me and ask, "Who's that?" or squint at it and say in disbelief, "That's YOU?"

A lot of it is just down to lighting and angle anyway... incandescent light is more flattering than fluorescent, dim light even better, lol.

Plus onlookers are viewing you through their own filters anyway, so they're not getting a neutral perspective.

No therapist required.

I read somewhere that if you saw yourself, really saw yourself, you wouldn't recognize you. You don't actually know what you look like because you've only seen pictures or reflections. That kind of blew my mind and I wonder if it's true that I wouldn't recognize myself through different eyes.

Side note: Sometimes I think I look pretty decent in the mirror then I go to take a picture and I look like a double-chinned troll. I hate mirrors and cameras. They're pathological liars.

interesting!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    So I'm on the Lindt site and I have to ask...is spending $125 on 800 pieces of coffee truffles too much? I'm asking for a friend...

Will you eat 800 coffee truffles or would you want something different? I for sure have spent a lot of money on sweets, but don't think I would be able to eat that volume of one kind...

My adoration of coffee runs deep. I'd eat it. All.

Wait..what about that friend? ;)
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I wish I were as skillful at tuning out noises as some of you guys in this thread. I'd like to get back into reading since I haven't done that since the Harry Potter series, but it's very rare that I can sit in a quiet room for hours at a time without anyone bothering me or watching TV/playing video games. I feel like I need to leave the house just to get some reading done, but I have no idea where I'd go. Barnes & Noble took out their couch.

The libraries have great furniture...check them out in your area and see if you can find a cozy chair to sit and read. ;) Why did they remove the couch?
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I wish I were as skillful at tuning out noises as some of you guys in this thread. I'd like to get back into reading since I haven't done that since the Harry Potter series, but it's very rare that I can sit in a quiet room for hours at a time without anyone bothering me or watching TV/playing video games. I feel like I need to leave the house just to get some reading done, but I have no idea where I'd go. Barnes & Noble took out their couch.

The libraries have great furniture...check them out in your area and see if you can find a cozy chair to sit and read. ;) Why did they remove the couch?

oops...looks like it's been brought up. I've a page or two behind today. lol
  • KingofWisdom
    Options

Barnes & Noble probably took out their couch because people will come in and read but not buy anything. Strangely enough, it never occured to me to read at the library. I'll give it a try. Been itching to read the Dexter books for starters. Thanks for the suggestions. ;)