Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    I love my mother in law, and god bless her she can bake and loves to do it. Holidays and when ever we go to visit, she bakes everyone their own little plastic shoe box full of cookies. Now, she doesn't understand that this is not just a gift, it is a challenge to me to eat them all. My husband will put his back, because he doesn't want anyone eating his, then six months or even a year later we find the box, pretty much full. I am so not wired to leave those delicious cookies just laying there in a box!!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Follow up confession: Sending FR's freaks me out a little. I think about, and stalk, people for awhile, trying to decide. Then, when I send it, I have little butterflies in my stomach.

You shouldn't--I accept everybody, and I expect that many people do.

One exception--the woman who looked at my diary, found some imperfect eating (processed foods) during a week when I was sick (I literally could not stand up to cook from scratch) and tried to use it against me to win an argument in a thread. Then she sent me a friend request. I think NOT.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Neonbeige wrote: »
    I feel like a cheat about my profile pictures (here, on FB etc.) because they are so flattering and sometimes when I look in the mirror or a glass window I look like a total different person.

It´s like I have two faces (depending on my mood or whatever) or when looking in a mirror sometimes my brain tricks me into only seeing my chocolate side automatically and only sees the most benefical things about my face in the best light...half an hour later in a window or even worse on a picture others made it´s completely different.

My question/fear: which face do others see? The good mood or the bad mood one? Am I seeing myself more attractive when I am feeling good or am I seeing myself uglier when I am in a bad mood? What the hell do I look like?

Shall I go and see a therapist? :-D

Don't know the answer to your question, because it is MY question as well! You are not alone in feeling like this. I do, too. It's so frustrating at times. I'll look in the mirror and think, hmmm, not bad. Then later in the day I think I'm just so ugly and what can I do to change my appearance? Sorry I have no answers. Just empathy. Oh, and I do wonder what others see when they see me...
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Confession: I hate when I find somebody interesting in a thread that I might want to send a FR, but when I go to their page they haven't filled anything out or have it completely locked. How can I know if I want to FR you?!? It makes me sad. :'(

My details are quite boring, actually. Even if they were public (I don't think they are), I would get far more FRs from dazzlingly witty forum posts. You guys are dazzled, right? Guys?

Oh, I'm definitely a member of your fan club! I do enjoy your posts.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession: I hate when I find somebody interesting in a thread that I might want to send a FR, but when I go to their page they haven't filled anything out or have it completely locked. How can I know if I want to FR you?!? It makes me sad. :'(

My details are quite boring, actually. Even if they were public (I don't think they are), I would get far more FRs from dazzlingly witty forum posts. You guys are dazzled, right? Guys?

Oh, I'm definitely a member of your fan club! I do enjoy your posts.

I have a fan club? *kitten* sweet! I can pose for your newsletter if you want!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    I feel like a cheat about my profile pictures (here, on FB etc.) because they are so flattering and sometimes when I look in the mirror or a glass window I look like a total different person.

It´s like I have two faces (depending on my mood or whatever) or when looking in a mirror sometimes my brain tricks me into only seeing my chocolate side automatically and only sees the most benefical things about my face in the best light...half an hour later in a window or even worse on a picture others made it´s completely different.

My question/fear: which face do others see? The good mood or the bad mood one? Am I seeing myself more attractive when I am feeling good or am I seeing myself uglier when I am in a bad mood? What the hell do I look like?

I look vastly different in photos than in real life, but in the opposite direction -- I look significantly better (I hope!!) in the flesh than I appear in photos.

And I don't think it's entirely wishful thinking on my part because I've had people look at photos of me and ask, "Who's that?" or squint at it and say in disbelief, "That's YOU?"

A lot of it is just down to lighting and angle anyway... incandescent light is more flattering than fluorescent, dim light even better, lol.

Plus onlookers are viewing you through their own filters anyway, so they're not getting a neutral perspective.

No therapist required.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    I was violently sick the past 2 days, barely ate the whole time, and thought I could go to the gym and lift at the same level of intensity this morning.

I think I pulled something in my back. I am far too stubborn for my own good.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Ryudori wrote: »
    I was violently sick the past 2 days, barely ate the whole time, and thought I could go to the gym and lift at the same level of intensity this morning.

I think I pulled something in my back. I am far too stubborn for my own good.

THIS.
  • betsysjl
    betsysjl Posts: 175 Member
    edited March 2015
    I count kegels as a workout.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    ythannah wrote: »

I look vastly different in photos than in real life, but in the opposite direction -- I look significantly better (I hope!!) in the flesh than I appear in photos.

And I don't think it's entirely wishful thinking on my part because I've had people look at photos of me and ask, "Who's that?" or squint at it and say in disbelief, "That's YOU?"

A lot of it is just down to lighting and angle anyway... incandescent light is more flattering than fluorescent, dim light even better, lol.

Plus onlookers are viewing you through their own filters anyway, so they're not getting a neutral perspective.

No therapist required.

I read somewhere that if you saw yourself, really saw yourself, you wouldn't recognize you. You don't actually know what you look like because you've only seen pictures or reflections. That kind of blew my mind and I wonder if it's true that I wouldn't recognize myself through different eyes.

Side note: Sometimes I think I look pretty decent in the mirror then I go to take a picture and I look like a double-chinned troll. I hate mirrors and cameras. They're pathological liars.

• charlie_anne
    charlie_anne Posts: 46 Member
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    [
    Side note: Sometimes I think I look pretty decent in the mirror then I go to take a picture and I look like a double-chinned troll. I hate mirrors and cameras. They're pathological liars.

Oh yes, I think I'm doing some good then look in the mirror and I'm still a monster (not helped with the fact I've filled my remaining calories with pizza and wine!)
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    betsysjl wrote: »

I want to say "Feel the Burn," but I don't think you want to feel that there.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member

No therapist required.

I read somewhere that if you saw yourself, really saw yourself, you wouldn't recognize you. You don't actually know what you look like because you've only seen pictures or reflections. That kind of blew my mind and I wonder if it's true that I wouldn't recognize myself through different eyes.

Well I don't know about that. I have an identical twin sister... and the first thing that caught me off guard when I lost weight is how much I looked like her (she was thinner than me, now it's the other way around).

But maybe it's different when you grow up with a double of yourself.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member

But do you log them?
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Just hearing or reading the word 'kegels' makes me immediately start clenching. I'm like the Pavlov's dogs of exercise.
  • fitfatty88
    So I'm on the Lindt site and I have to ask...is spending $125 on 800 pieces of coffee truffles too much? I'm asking for a friend...
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited March 2015
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    So I'm on the Lindt site and I have to ask...is spending $125 on 800 pieces of coffee truffles too much? I'm asking for a friend...

Will you eat 800 coffee truffles or would you want something different? I for sure have spent a lot of money on sweets, but don't think I would be able to eat that volume of one kind...
  • fitfatty88

Will you eat 800 coffee truffles or would you want something different? I for sure have spent a lot of money on sweets, but don't think I would be able to eat that volume of one kind...

My adoration of coffee runs deep. I'd eat it. All.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member

Not sure where you see that price on them, I see $168 for that item. But I really never buy truffles so I am not sure what a good price would be.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member

No therapist required.

I don't recognize the person my SO claims to see through his eyes, apparently she's MUCH better-looking than I've ever seen myself... that's as close as I can get.

Or he's delusional. Lol.