Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    My parents are antagonistic and don't understand how dieting works. I'll eat a few small things throughout the day, and when I ask my mom when dinner will be ready, she tells me I've been eating all day and will try to make me feel bad for being hungry. To top it all off, I can't move out because you need a good paying job in this day and age just to afford living by yourself. Used to be you graduated high school and could immediately afford your own place. Baby boomers had to go and ruin everything.

/rant

Dude, are you serious? I think the people who could afford to live on their own after high school still worked their butts off. My parents are boomers... my dad is from a dead end Midwest town, my mom moved to the US when she was 18... they worked really hard, joined the military, got married young, worked full-time to put themselves through college while raising a toddler, etc. I'd never say they had it easy. They just did what needed to be done.

Confession: I'm a millennial, and I find it really, really hard to identify with other millenials.
  • Talkradio
    Options
    Oh, and what I came here to confess: I'm planning my whole diary for this week out, so I can counteract my pizza binge from Friday and still manage to do St. Patrick's Day. There's like a 5% chance I'll stick to it, but if I do, I'm going to be mighty proud of myself.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

I have done that too with other foods. I spayed insect instead of water. Lol
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm sitting in the bathtub eating a Fibre One lemon bar. I may or may not shave my legs (I will).
    Wait! Wrong thread! Did I cross the streams? Will the universe end?

No, but one wonders what might happen if sexybearddude and tincanonastring posted on the same thread at the same time. :)
  • Talkradio
    Options
    Confession: I'm sitting in the bathtub eating a Fibre One lemon bar. I may or may not shave my legs (I will).

You are my hero.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

No, but one wonders what might happen if sexybearddude and tincanonastring posted on the same thread at the same time. :)

Oops, I meant Beardedstudwarrior...eh, close!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »

You are my hero.

Off topic, but your profile pic cracks me up :).

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

I saw his name earlier somewhere and specifically didn't join the conversation to avoid any potential singularities. You're welcome.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »

You are my hero.

I paid no attention to the pic for the longest time and for some reason thought it was a sheep. I only noticed it was a dog when I was about to write a post asking why they had a sheep for an avatar.
  • Talkradio
    Options

You are my hero.

Thanks!

• Talkradio
    Options

You are my hero.

I paid no attention to the pic for the longest time and for some reason thought it was a sheep. I only noticed it was a dog when I was about to write a post asking why they had a sheep for an avatar.

Ah, yes. Story: I was sitting on the couch, eating watermelon, and my dog desperately wanted a piece. She squeezed her face between my knees. I took a picture before I fell over laughing.

It's my picture because it seems to attract less creepers.
  • tincanonastring
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Alright, gotta get stuff done. Last confession of the night.

Confession: I forgot to set a timer for my chicken tonight and it ended up being in the oven for nigh on 2 hours. We, um, we won't be eating that chicken.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

I saw his name earlier somewhere and specifically didn't join the conversation to avoid any potential singularities. You're welcome.

The space-time-beard continuum is safe!
  • Bulls_23
    Bulls_23 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am awful at sticking to anything and I am incredibly impulsive.

I'm either in complete diet and exercise mode, or I'm stopping everyday on my way to work at the gas station for starbucks coffee drinks, cookies and little debbie stuff.

Seriously, when I think that pretty much everyday I would do that and that's like 800 calories that isn't even a meal for me, it's disgusting.

Things are going good now though, but I know as soon as I hit my goal, or as soon as I have a few bad days I'm going to start going the other direction again.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I want to destroy the pictures of me from my cousin's 2013 wedding reception. I look so fat and gross and I hate them because if people go over to my grandparents', they'll think I'm fat when I'm not anymore. I started losing this weight in September 2014; how I wish I could go back and have a do-over.

I hate being short because at 127, I still look fat!

I wish that I was taller so that I could eat more.

I wish I didn't carry so much weight in my abdominal area. It's smaller now, but it makes me feel like I'm still fat.

I am so happy that my thighs are thinner. I hated them so much 20+ lbs ago.
  • Bulls_23
    Bulls_23 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I want to destroy the pictures of me from my cousin's 2013 wedding reception. I look so fat and gross and I hate them because if people go over to my grandparents', they'll think I'm fat when I'm not anymore. I started losing this weight in September 2014; how I wish I could go back and have a do-over.

I wish I didn't carry so much weight in my abdominal area. It's smaller now, but it makes me feel like I'm still fat.

I know exactly what you mean. I have almost no pictures of myself on Facebook because I always hate how I look. I even have that weird thing where even though I know I'm not really fat or anything now, I still feel like I look it in pictures.

How short are you?
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I've had a huge deficit most days the past few weeks since I got sick, so I'm having cream cheese pancakes for dinner just to try and get closer to my goal for once.
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    mwm158 wrote: »
    mwm158 wrote: »
    I'm unhappy. I determined that if I'm busy, I don't notice. I started working 75+ hours a week so I'm always busy and don't have time to think about anything. I don't know where the last 6 years went. They are a blur, and I'm still unhappy.

I'm so sorry things are difficult <3

Thanks. Saying I'm unhappy is a confession because I don't feel like I have a reason to be? Things aren't that difficult, I just just feel like something's missing. I don't understand where people find joy. I decided to buy a house, and put an offer in today for a great one. I'm not excited at all about it, and I don't know why. Oh well, off to bed, gotta work another 12 hours tomorrow.

This sounds like Depression or Dysthymia. You aren't alone in feeling that way.

Sometimes a doc can help with that feeling of no joy, it may be related to a form of depression,please try to get help, you deserve joy
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Bulls_23 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »

I know exactly what you mean. I have almost no pictures of myself on Facebook because I always hate how I look. I even have that weird thing where even though I know I'm not really fat or anything now, I still feel like I look it in pictures.

How short are you?

I'm 5'0". I also still feel like I look fat in pictures.
  • Ameengyrl
    Ameengyrl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I eat very healthy most of the time. But sometimes i cant help myself and eat a whole bag of lays chips. The biggest one. And after eating it i feel really bad and i go and force myself into puking. Same goes with fries.
    And yet i am not a bulimic. This only happens once a month maybe. The puking that is. The rest of the times i just accept what i just did and keep it down.
    Um... This is bulimia. It's a episode of intervention on right now and the girl is bulimic. You need to seek some help doll. It's nothing to be ashamed of, we all need help sometimes