Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @bregalad5 My scale gives me a BMI rating. And I am happy it does. The initial number was pretty scary! But as I'm losing its nice to see that number go down. Very reassuring when the pounds aren't moving, but my BMI is because then I know I'm still doing ok and those pounds will be gone soon too.
  • Bobzfit
    Bobzfit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bregalad5 wrote: »
    Bobzfit wrote: »
    bregalad5 wrote: »
    I bought a scale today that shows body fat %, muscle mass, water, and bone density. It made me cry :(
    The reason I'm frustrated is that I went from about 280 to 185 and I'm now back at 255 after a couple years of being quite depressed. There's a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff going on that's causing a whole hell of a lot of frustration and stress right now (moved back to Russia for work in September, left there and moved to Germany in January, new country, new city, new language, no friends...), and this just overwhelmed me. I obviously know I need a starting point, and that's why I bought this scale. I did it for a specific reason, I just needed to vent my frustration at my starting point to people who understand.
    That is a lot to take on and I can see how that would cause many issues. Getting the scale and reaching out to others who have the same desire will help you.
    Knowing you have made that goal once shows that you can do it. I admire your ability to share and persevere.
  • prof_newme
    prof_newme Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @Bregalad5 wow that's impressive! 2 new countries in 5 months They say that even happy moves can cause stress, with stress comes cortisol which makes it a bit harder to take off the weight. That is without finding new things to eat and new places to shop and trying to get in activity. I'm really impressed with your perseverance! You did it once you can do it again. Enjoy Germany! Enjoy your life you are back on track now. Hurray and glad I can be here to watch you succeed again
  • SaraD72
    SaraD72 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had an off day today. I was so tired and couldn't get motivated to walk. What do you all do to fight fatigue?
  • Bobzfit
    Options
    A new day with new possibilities! I have to fight feeling fatigued by starting off with good energy food. Oatmeal, chia seeds, honey, eggs, I sometimes have rice and fish for breakfast.
    I try to eat within the first hour of waking and get in some stretching and walking in place. Making it a routine will help make it stick. Having my daily goals in place gives me something to accomplish.
  • DeeD946
    DeeD946 Posts: 7
    Options
    Ill add you girl! You got this! Message me anytime. My goal is to loss 200lbs. I have 16lbs gone so far. Im addicted to food and everyday is a struggle.
  • Bobzfit
    Options
    DeeD946 wrote: »
    Ill add you girl! You got this! Message me anytime. My goal is to loss 200lbs. I have 16lbs gone so far. Im addicted to food and everyday is a struggle.

That is an obtainable goal! My struggled with her weight and being a programmer kept her very inactive. Her success story is on my website along with her before and after photo.
    Guidancefitnesspt.com No gimmicks or fad exercise, just an ambition like every one on here and support. This group is a terrific support system!
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Welcome DeeD946 and thank you Bobzfit for being such a strong supporter of our little (but growing) group!

Every day is a struggle for me as well and I think it comes down to accepting that there will be bad days but as long as the good ones outnumber the bad and that you're able to brush off the bad ones and get right back to having good ones, then you're good as gold!
  • Bobzfit
    Options
    shirayne wrote: »
    Welcome DeeD946 and thank you Bobzfit for being such a strong supporter of our little (but growing) group!

Every day is a struggle for me as well and I think it comes down to accepting that there will be bad days but as long as the good ones outnumber the bad and that you're able to brush off the bad ones and get right back to having good ones, then you're good as gold!

You're welcome shirayne. There are many positives to focus on and sometimes it takes the help of others to point them out.
    Everyone in this group is as good as gold. We are all of value.
  • vschwgrt1
    vschwgrt1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This is the group to be in as far as I can see. I am with you all. Needed to lose 150, am at 17 down right now. Swimming daily at my local Y is the best thing that keeps me focused. Nothing hard, just leisurely back and forth in the lap pool, getting my heart rate up, etc. Sore as hell right now, but it feels good to be doing something so good for myself
  • prof_newme
    Options
    Welcome @DeeD946 and @vschwgrt1 If you need support you are in the right place!

@SaraD72 when I am low on energy sometimes a bottle of water and some protein helps. I'll have maybe 5 almonds ... then set a timer for 20min (time to digest) and get up and move even if just 100 steps in place. It usually makes me feel better. Lots of people use protein shakes for this too.

Also feeling fatigued on a regular basis is sometimes a sign that something else is wrong. Late last year I was super busy and not sleeping enough and thought that was all that was wrong...but when I decided to make a change I saw my Dr. and he said my iron was low... now I take supplements and feel SO much better.

but most important like Shirayne said tomorrow is a new day! as long as one bad day doesn't become a habit
  • Bobzfit
    Options
    vschwgrt1 wrote: »
    This is the group to be in as far as I can see. I am with you all. Needed to lose 150, am at 17 down right now. Swimming daily at my local Y is the best thing that keeps me focused. Nothing hard, just leisurely back and forth in the lap pool, getting my heart rate up, etc. Sore as hell right now, but it feels good to be doing something so good for myself

Keep it up, swimming is great exercise. Muscle movement and cardio are a winning combo!
  • Bobzfit
    Options
    prof_newme wrote: »
    Welcome @DeeD946 and @vschwgrt1 If you need support you are in the right place!

@SaraD72 when I am low on energy sometimes a bottle of water and some protein helps. I'll have maybe 5 almonds ... then set a timer for 20min (time to digest) and get up and move even if just 100 steps in place. It usually makes me feel better. Lots of people use protein shakes for this too.

Also feeling fatigued on a regular basis is sometimes a sign that something else is wrong. Late last year I was super busy and not sleeping enough and thought that was all that was wrong...but when I decided to make a change I saw my Dr. and he said my iron was low... now I take supplements and feel SO much better.

but most important like Shirayne said tomorrow is a new day! as long as one bad day doesn't become a habit

I totally agree with prof_newme, getting checked by your Dr. Also on the plenty of water and protein. Unfortunately we don't usually get enough protein.
  • didjaever
    didjaever Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I blew it today (first time in two weeks) so I have stopped counting my calories. I feel like one day is not going to hurt me. I hope. Hehe.
  • danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    SaraD72 wrote: »
    I had an off day today. I was so tired and couldn't get motivated to walk. What do you all do to fight fatigue?

I have been down this path before and had trouble with fatigue. Exercise helped increase energy, protein, and water. But in the long run it still wasn't enough for me to keep pace with life and exercise. This time I am trying plexus slim to help keep my energy levels up. I love it thus far. If you want to know about it you can private message me. It's the first time I used a product.
    But you have gotten lots of wonderful suggestions. This group is great!

@didjaever‌ Everyone has an off day! Just salvage it the best that you can and move forward!
  • SaraD72
    SaraD72 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great suggestions! Today is better, I got my walk in and when I walk, I pay closer attention to what I'm eating. I know that I don't drink enough water, so that is something I need to work on. I agree, this is a fabulous group! :)
  • prof_newme
    Options
    Sorry to hear that @didjaever! As long as the bad day doesn't turn into a bad couple of days you should be fine. Just keep going
  • Bobzfit
    Options
    didjaever wrote: »
    I blew it today (first time in two weeks) so I have stopped counting my calories. I feel like one day is not going to hurt me. I hope. Hehe.
    You are right, one day will not hurt you. Like falling off the proverbial bike you must get back on.
    The saying 'one day at a time,' sometimes has to broken down to minutes. When I struggled with alcohol addiction there were many days it was one minute to the next. Keep pushing on.
  • Bobzfit
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone! You are all beautiful!!!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I just mindlessly munched down a box of granola bars :( Thankfully it's only about 600 calories and I have them to spare today, but ugh... didn't even realize it.