what is a food you have cut from your diet with some success?

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I eat everything and make sure that I hit my calorie/micro/macro targets for the day ...life is easier when you don't view food as bad/evil/etc

Easy is subjective. I think I would find losing weight easier if I could view some food as evil. I want to avoid evil. Viewing it as wonderfully delicious makes it hard.

why would any food be "evil"....it is just something that fuels your body

If food were just something that fueled our bodies, why would anyone be overweight? Food is more than just fuel, whether it should be or not.

because they eat too much of it...

If food were really "evil" and caused weight gain on its own, then you get obese by eating in a deficit..

I can't believe you are even trying to make THAT argument...talk about ridiculousness...

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    zero pop. zero fast food. none. nada.

have i caved? yep. Once I decided a grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo from McDonald's would be ok. It was disgusting and slimy and NASTY. Never again.

and I'd say I cut my sugar/candy consumption by 99.9%. (If my kids are eating a piece of something and offer me a bite, I won't tell them no.)

so .01% of your diet is sugar? So no vegetables, breads, milk, etc?

Unless 100% of her diet was sugar before she cut it, I think you need to check your math.

eliminated/cut 99.9% of sugar from diet...that would mean that now only 01% of said diet is sugar..

So, if my diet was originally 25% sugar and I cut 99.99% of sugar, .01% of my diet would be sugar? Or would .01% of 25% of my diet be sugar?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    I eat everything and make sure that I hit my calorie/micro/macro targets for the day ...life is easier when you don't view food as bad/evil/etc

Easy is subjective. I think I would find losing weight easier if I could view some food as evil. I want to avoid evil. Viewing it as wonderfully delicious makes it hard.

If food were just something that fueled our bodies, why would anyone be overweight? Food is more than just fuel, whether it should be or not.

If food were really "evil" and caused weight gain on its own, then you get obese by eating in a deficit..

I can't believe you are even trying to make THAT argument...talk about ridiculousness...

Sorry, I'm not following. I never suggested that evil makes us obese or that food was evil.

My point was if food was nothing but fuel, then people wouldn't overeat. But food is more than just fuel. It's pleasure. It's how we celebrate and show love.
  • ndj1979
    Options

have i caved? yep. Once I decided a grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo from McDonald's would be ok. It was disgusting and slimy and NASTY. Never again.

and I'd say I cut my sugar/candy consumption by 99.9%. (If my kids are eating a piece of something and offer me a bite, I won't tell them no.)

Unless 100% of her diet was sugar before she cut it, I think you need to check your math.

eliminated/cut 99.9% of sugar from diet...that would mean that now only 01% of said diet is sugar..

So, if my diet was originally 25% sugar and I cut 99.99% of sugar, .01% of my diet would be sugar? Or would .01% of 25% of my diet be sugar?

you really can't figure that out on your own?

• ndj1979
    Options

Sorry, I'm not following. I never suggested that evil makes us obese or that food was evil.

My point was if food was nothing but fuel, then people wouldn't overeat. But food is more than just fuel. It's pleasure. It's how we celebrate and show love.

moving the goalposts, I see.

People overeat because they choose to...

are you really saying that food is programming people to over eat?
  • slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I only get kids meals at fast food places (as an EMT I eat fast food more than I should; its hard to eat right in this field) since the portions are smaller and usually come with fruit or yogurt. And I like the toys :#

I've started packing 4-5 kinds of fruits and vegetables when I go on shift, and I'll snack on those instead of hitting up the vending machine. Our supervisors often bring donuts or Bojangles in the morning. I will allow myself to induldge only if what I'm eating has protein (since I don't usually get enough and I have a physically demanding occupation). And I make sure that it fits into my calories for the day.

Moderation is key. Basically I can't swim in nacho cheese and sour cream anymore, but I'm okay with that.
  • NikiMG1681
    NikiMG1681 Posts: 36 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    FYI 99.99% of 25% is 0.9999 x 0.25 = 0.249975

What is this relevant to? I have no idea.

I don't eat crappy refined sugar anymore. #percentsign #dotcom #ijustwastedfiveminutesofmylife
  • ndj1979
    Options
    FYI 99.99% of 25% is 0.9999 x 0.25 = 0.249975

What is this relevant to? I have no idea.

I don't eat crappy refined sugar anymore. #percentsign #dotcom #ijustwastedfiveminutesofmylife

sugar source does not matter....

what matters is dosage...
  • peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

^^This. If I have the room at the end of the day, I will try to work in peanut butter.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

didn't I do that already? ;)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

Hmm, let me reread. Nope, I don't see where I said or suggested anything close to that.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    JohnBarth wrote: »
    I absolutely refuse to eat candy. There are grazing stations everywhere I turn in the office, and I just absolutely refuse to cave.

ooh i am coming to your office. i love sweets.

To the OP i didnt cut anything out at all, just cutting them down. e.g Instead of four bags of crisps one is enough. sometimes i have set backs but i'd rather that than cutting out what i like.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I can't think of anything I've cut due to weight loss other than on a temporary basis.

There are lots of things I already didn't eat/drink other than on rare occasion, including trans fats, HFCS, most fast food.

For weight loss I mostly focused on making the most of what I did eat (eating foods that were either nutrient dense, otherwise contributed something important, or were extremely delicious) and cutting out foods that I was eating mindlessly.

This is pretty much me.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Hmm, let me reread. Nope, I don't see where I said or suggested anything close to that.

so celebration with food leads to overeating, which leads to obesity then? That would be one hell of a celebration.

Basically, you have no point and are arguing just argue...yet again...
  • daltonjsmom
    daltonjsmom Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    John Barth You are my hero
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anything that I have cut out completely, but I have definitely scaled back on portion sizes. I'm the type of person that if I "ban" a food, I'll just end up eating more of it when I finally have some. Do what works for you and good luck!
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

I wonder if he still doesn't get it, or simply has a problem saying "sorry, my bad"

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    i quit eating those "bite sized" candy bars. I need about 15 of those to be as satisfied as I would have been just eating a full size bar. So now I eat the full sized bar.
  • floridamatty
    floridamatty Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I didnt cut anything out, but I go by portions now, I weight mostly everything and substantially increased my water intake and reduced my soda intake to a max of one a day. but I think diets fail when you deprive yourself of things that you enjoyed and substitutes just dont really work.