To all the MFP MEANIES and know it alls, this is for you

Options

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    missyjg99 wrote: »
    I think it's confusing bc I don't have a link to my original post. Nutshell.....
    Me: I'm not losing weight, working out 6 days a week eating healthy
    MFP: open your diary
    Me: I don't log consistently
    MFP: that's your problem
    Me: no I don't think so
    MFP: yep, you can work out 60 minutes every day but if you don't have a calorie deficit you won't lose, it's science.
    Me: but I do eat at a deficit
    MFP: I don't believe you, how do you know that??
    Me: meanies: stomping my feet :
    MFP: this won't help you're cause. Insert Michael Jackson eating popcorn
    Me: you're all jerks and why can't you be helpful? I'm at a low and no one is helping me!!!
    MFP: come back when you want help
    Me: but I need suggestions, why is everyone ganging up on me?
    MFP: insert rainbow farting rainbow, puppies, crying gifs.
    Me: DELETE! There I showed them.

Ya know that was the condensed version. But looking back there was nothing really horribly mean about the responses. That's my point. Perception and accountability is half the battle.

I 100% agree with the bolded.

tumblr_inline_mzmuzndcaC1qi4qb3.gif

Glad you came back OP
  • RedRockChic
    RedRockChic Posts: 69 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Missy..,
    I don't normally chime in on the forums, but I have to say welcome back, and to hell with the jerks.

It is regretful that your original post was full of negativity and mean girl politics.. that sucks and it is inexcusable.

We don't need tough love buttercup motivators here, you might be able to turn that negative experience around and find some positive results in it, but that is something that is intrinsic within you. I applaud you for not giving up, and for finding a way to reframe your thought process.

I have no friends connected on here, and no strangers for that matter. Other opinions mean less to me than how my clothes are fitting and how my energy level is changing. But it doesn't mean that I am resistant to being hurt by other people's unkind words.

Take it one day at a time, and if you need or feel you need validation, don't try to get it through other people's opinions.... they need their own validation and sometimes taking an innocent soul down with them is the form of validation that they crave.

Be well, Be positive, and just

Be.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

• zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    @RedRockChic‌ (and a few others)

You need to reread the original post in its entirety. Her point is that people weren't being mean, but that she was interpreting it as mean b/c she wasn't hearing what she wanted to hear. That she's come back to say that is incredible and she will be very successful.

DypHcxyEqRzHi.gif

In over six months here, I have literally never seen anyone be what I would call mean to someone else.

What really grinds my gears? The White Knight posts that add absolutely nothing of substance other than vacant positivity, often in support of demonstrably Bad Ideas (R). Those are the real "mean people."
  • AmillB
    AmillB Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    I'm glad you're giving it another shot and I'm sorry you had that experience. I wish mean people would just realize how harmful they truly are. Your post is great.

:huh:

Except they weren't harmful. :huh:

I think you need to reread the post.

And so should you
  • AmillB
    AmillB Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    oldmomma wrote: »
    A couple of weeks ago I posted on this board about my struggles losing weight and asked for insight on why I wasn't losing weight. Well I eagerly waited responses and was floored when I read what was being written in response. I felt I was being ganged up on, people getting a laugh at my expense! I ended up deleting my post, cried and ate an entire sleeve of Oreos. I was literally at rock bottom, looking for help and all I got was responses from mean girls wannabe' s. I wasn't going to write a response to how y'all made me feel. But after two weeks of going over that post in my mind, I just wanna say one thing:
    THANK YOU!!! In all sincerity, thank you. I realized something from that post. I was looking for validation and coddling for my bad choices and that wasn't going to do me any good. The only one who didn't realize that was me. So I'm coming back to tell everyone thank you. Thank you for your honesty, thank you for your time, thank you for your suggestions and mostly thank you for responding. I didn't accept your suggestions as anything but mean bc lets face it, what I was doing wasn't working and how could I be wrong!!
    So I apologize for being such a jerk to some of you. And I thank you all for kicking my butt into the right direction.... errrrr right road to reaching my goals.
    Oh and if this post shows up twice it's because I typed it out and it seemed to disappear. So I'm typing it again.

Welcome back. But I want to tell you something; there is no excuse for people being jerks. Mocking and belittling anyone is not needed here. What's needed is support.

Now, if people post here with every excuse under the sun of why they aren't losing weight- expect to be called out on them. But truly, people don't have to be mean about it.

And a suggestion: stay away from any discussion that is about : Detoxing or very low calorie diets. The big gun comments come out for those, lol.

Wishing you more good experiences on MFP.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're giving it another shot and I'm sorry you had that experience. I wish mean people would just realize how harmful they truly are. Your post is great.

epic misread of OP
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It's interesting to see how many people are reading into it that people are jerks instead of seeing it as the OP overreacted in the deleted post. She even came back to say that after thinking about it there was nothing mean about what was said.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    It's interesting to see how many people are reading into it that people are jerks instead of seeing it as the OP overreacted in the deleted post. She even came back to say that after thinking about it there was nothing mean about what was said.

Totally this. The irony is that what these people are reading into her post, is what her initial reaction was to the comments in the original thread. Not understanding the difference between honesty and negativity. That not sugar coating something does not equal meanness.

The fact that the OP recognized the mistake that she made, came back and admitted it, and thanked the mean people is so refreshing.

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Yep.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    AmillB wrote: »
    PikaKnight wrote: »

:huh:

Except they weren't harmful. :huh:

I think you need to reread the post.

And so should you

How so? The post was saying that the people she thought were being mean weren't. So how can they be harmful when they weren't?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Maybe @AmillB should read the above.
  • SarahG0408
    Options
    I don't like meanies either! Maybe WW or TOPS?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    SarahG0408 wrote: »
    I don't like meanies either! Maybe WW or TOPS?

Did you read the original post, or any of her subsequent posts? She is thanking the mean people. Saying she needed the wake up call but originally wasn't ready to hear it.
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    See, you get it. That is why you will succeed.

Welcome to the rational side, where the winners are.

<3
  • itsclobberintime
    itsclobberintime Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I did not expect this. I'm glad that you emerged with clarity!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    To OP: LOVE this! It takes guts to admit fault and to take responsibility. But that is indeed the first step toward success. You'll be fine if you can remember this new mindset of yours!

And God bless the MFP "meanies." Sure, there are probably a few genuine jerks on here. But by and large the "meanies" are the ones who genuinely help people (assuming they actually want help are willing to take responsibility for themselves).
  • Seekerami
    Seekerami Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Great post
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the responses. Crazy busy at work so I just logged on. Shaking my head at a few but it's the internet.
    Love ya MFP meanies
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the responses. Crazy busy at work so I just logged on. Shaking my head at a few but it's the internet.
    Love ya MFP meanies

I wish that MFP had a like button for this post.