Two weeks and gained weight!

Options

Replies

• norie92
    norie92 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself every morning (before you eat) with the lightest clothing you have. If I weigh myself during the evening I'm 187 which is 3lb lost.. When I consistently weigh myself every morning I'm 185 which is closer to the truth since I haven't eaten, had any fluids, and I'm in some really light pajamas.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Otterluv wrote: »
    I've lost 1.5 lbs. in 2 DAYS of accurate logging. Clearly your numbers must be off somewhere.
    There's no way you lost 1.5 pounds of fat in 2 days. It's water weight or natural fluctuations (or both).
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    I've lost 1.5 lbs. in 2 DAYS of accurate logging. Clearly your numbers must be off somewhere.
    There's no way you lost 1.5 pounds of fat in 2 days. It's water weight or natural fluctuations (or both).

Did she SAY it was pounds of fat?
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    firstsip wrote: »

NO, I most clearly did NOT. I know that usually when you start a new diet, you lose a lot of waterweight at first. That he GAINED must mean that he probably lost water and gained a lot of fat. Like, 5 lbs. rather than the 2 on the scale.
  • firstsip
    Options

NO, I most clearly did NOT. I know that usually when you start a new diet, you lose a lot of waterweight at first. That he GAINED must mean that he probably lost water and gained a lot of fat. Like, 5 lbs. rather than the 2 on the scale.

This makes sense!! Ty!!
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

This makes sense!! Ty!!

This is is no way accurate. Like, at all. A 2lb weight gain can be natural daily fluctuations. The gain in weight can be from any number of factors. If he started a new workout routine, it is likely that he is retaining water for muscle repair. If he ate high sodium foods he could be retaining water as well. The only way he gained 2 pounds of fat is if he ate 7,000 calories over his maintenance.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    magerum wrote: »
    After a winter of pure gluttony I decided it was time to get on track. I have been in a deficit and working out daily for two weeks. I have gained 2 pounds! Clearly the whole calorie in / calorie out model doesn't work for me. Seriously demotivating.

Yeah... you're not doing it right.

Realign your expectations and realize *kitten* doesn't happen over night. If you worked harder at work for 2 weeks would you expect a raise at the end of those 2 weeks? He might notice and give you a pat on the back (loss of a couple of lbs) but he's not going to give you more money after 2 weeks. You have to work your *kitten* off for a year or longer until all that hard work pays off and he calls you into his office and goes "Thompson I wanna make you my partner" BOOOOM KAPPPOWWW those YEARS of hard work paid of ... not the first 2 weeks!! Keep your head up bud and keep putting in the work, eventually it will pay off.

Brad

• 3bambi3
    edited March 2015
    Options
    OP, two weeks is not enough time to see a trend. Give it more time and, if you are still gaining/not losing, make adjustments.

ETA: spelling is hard sometimes.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

What? Because he gained 2lbs you think that means he gained 5lbs of fat??

That's not how this works.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options

Not everyone loses water weight at first. Like I said and other people have said, your weight naturally fluctuates, often from hour to hour. Until you have data points across a longer period of time than 2 days or even 2 weeks, you can't draw any meaningful conclusions.

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    After a winter of pure gluttony I decided it was time to get on track. I have been in a deficit and working out daily for two weeks. I have gained 2 pounds! Clearly the whole calorie in / calorie out model doesn't work for me. Seriously demotivating.

Realign your expectations and realize *kitten* doesn't happen over night. If you worked harder at work for 2 weeks would you expect a raise at the end of those 2 weeks? He might notice and give you a pat on the back (loss of a couple of lbs) but he's not going to give you more money after 2 weeks. You have to work your *kitten* off for a year or longer until all that hard work pays off and he calls you into his office and goes "Thompson I wanna make you my partner" BOOOOM KAPPPOWWW those YEARS of hard work paid of ... not the first 2 weeks!! Keep your head up bud and keep putting in the work, eventually it will pay off.

Brad

Doing it wrong and delusional, got it.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Not everyone loses water weight at first. Like I said and other people have said, your weight naturally fluctuates, often from hour to hour. Until you have data points across a longer period of time than 2 days or even 2 weeks, you can't draw any meaningful conclusions.

Oh, so I DID lose 1.5 pounds of fat.

• cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Don't eat back you exercise calories. Calories burned are a guestimate. Unless you are working out 8 hours a day (then of course you would have to eat more).
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

In two days? No.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Are you male or female? Age and weight and how tall are you? 3000 calories is a LOT of food.....Also, what are you doing to burn up to 1300 calories a day? I would not eat all of it back.....
  • 3bambi3
    Options

No. No you didn't.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    OP, I looked at one day on your diary, although you average 3000 cals per day anyways.... Over 1200 calories of cookies and candy in one day? Plus another 1600 plus calories in food? Very few people will lose weigh on that much.....
  • firstsip
    Options

Brad

Wait, are you talking to Thompson or Brad?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Brad

Wait, are you talking to Thompson or Brad?

I assumed it was Brad Thompson.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I think you need to drop a deuce bro....

1F7a0.png