Two weeks and gained weight!

Options

Replies

• Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I think you need to drop a deuce bro....

1F7a0.png

I'm sorry, that's rude. If you don't have anything constructive to say...

OP came in here looking for support and information. We are better than this, people.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Magerum, no answer on the height and weight and amount of calories you eat yet? Maybe you should go onto the scooby site and work out what your tdee is, and then go from there? Or at least stop eating 1300 calories in girl guide cookies and just eat back half of your exercise calories.....
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    magerum wrote: »
    firstsip wrote: »
    After a winter of pure gluttony I decided it was time to get on track. I have been in a deficit and working out daily for two weeks. I have gained 2 pounds! Clearly the whole calorie in / calorie out model doesn't work for me. Seriously demotivating.

Yeah... you're not doing it right.

Realign your expectations and realize *kitten* doesn't happen over night. If you worked harder at work for 2 weeks would you expect a raise at the end of those 2 weeks? He might notice and give you a pat on the back (loss of a couple of lbs) but he's not going to give you more money after 2 weeks. You have to work your *kitten* off for a year or longer until all that hard work pays off and he calls you into his office and goes "Thompson I wanna make you my partner" BOOOOM KAPPPOWWW those YEARS of hard work paid of ... not the first 2 weeks!! Keep your head up bud and keep putting in the work, eventually it will pay off.

Brad

Wait, are you talking to Thompson or Brad?

I assumed it was Brad Thompson.

This makes sense!! Ty!!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »
    Magerum, no answer on the height and weight and amount of calories you eat yet? Maybe you should go onto the scooby site and work out what your tdee is, and then go from there? Or at least stop eating 1300 calories in girl guide cookies and just eat back half of your exercise calories.....

5'10", 217 currently and ~3,000 a day.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Otterluv wrote: »

1F7a0.png

OP came in here looking for support and information. We are better than this, people.

I am here to support my friend...

sneak-hug.gif
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

That's quite a lot of calories for weight loss, given your stats. How did you come by that number? What are you doing for exercise?
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options

1F7a0.png

Uhm, actually. . . it's as valid a suggestion as any other.

• astrampe
    Options
    That still sounds like a lot of calories to me. I'm 5'9 and started at 227lbs, and there is NO way I would have lost weihgt on 3000 calories. If you gained, you are eating too much.....Cut down on calories.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    You need to eat less.

Wrong, he's eating too little and storing fat. He needs to eat more to burn the fat.
  • Otterluv
    edited March 2015
    Options
    That still sounds like a lot of calories to me. I'm 5'9 and started at 227lbs, and there is NO way I would have lost weihgt on 3000 calories. If you gained, you are eating too much.....Cut down on calories.

No offense, but have you had your thyroid checked?
  • DopeItUp
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    firstsip wrote: »
    AliceDark wrote: »
    I've lost 1.5 lbs. in 2 DAYS of accurate logging. Clearly your numbers must be off somewhere.
    There's no way you lost 1.5 pounds of fat in 2 days. It's water weight or natural fluctuations (or both).

Did she SAY it was pounds of fat?

NO, I most clearly did NOT. I know that usually when you start a new diet, you lose a lot of waterweight at first. That he GAINED must mean that he probably lost water and gained a lot of fat. Like, 5 lbs. rather than the 2 on the scale.
    Not everyone loses water weight at first. Like I said and other people have said, your weight naturally fluctuates, often from hour to hour. Until you have data points across a longer period of time than 2 days or even 2 weeks, you can't draw any meaningful conclusions.

Oh, so I DID lose 1.5 pounds of fat.

In two days? No.

This was a really rude response. This is a place of motivation and support. Please refer to USCMP's Guide To Being A Better Person Than Everyone Else.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

Starvation mode?

starvation-mode-300x172.jpg
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    You need to eat less.

Wrong, he's eating too little and storing fat. He needs to eat more to burn the fat.

This is relevant to my interests, go on
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    You need to eat less.

Maybe relevant to your interests, but not to reality. ;)

• astrampe
    Options
    LOL,

LOL, none taken, seeing as I lost 58lbs eating 1800 calories a day, with a bit more on exercise days.... And yep, I had my thyroid checked, nothing wrong....

The OP eats 1300 cals in cookies, plus 1700 more in food..... The "average women" MAINTAINS on 2000 -2400 per day, no idea how the OP thinks she will lose on 3000+...
    But thanks for asking about my thyroid!
  • Otterluv
    Options
    LOL,

LOL, none taken, seeing as I lost 58lbs eating 1800 calories a day, with a bit more on exercise days.... And yep, I had my thyroid checked, nothing wrong....

The OP eats 1300 cals in cookies, plus 1700 more in food..... The "average women" MAINTAINS on 2000 -2400 per day, no idea how the OP thinks she will lose on 3000+...

But he burned 1300 using the elliptical? So, 1800 + 1300 = 3,100.

Oh, maybe he IS undereating.

You might be right about the cookies, though, that's an awful lot of sugar.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    You need to eat less.

I'm calling troll.

• DopeItUp
    Options
    LOL,

But he burned 1300 using the elliptical? So, 1800 + 1300 = 3,100.

Oh, maybe he IS undereating.

You might be right about the cookies, though, that's an awful lot of sugar.

That's a good point, you can't lose weight while eating sugar.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    LOL,

Wait, are cookies not food?!
  • astrampe
    Options
    Lots of bored trolls around tonight...