This is not a dating page...

Options

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    amy_kee wrote: »
    You just don't comprehend it. You think this is just complaining? The guys behavior was totally wrong for the whole web site. He needs to go to match.com. This doesn't belong here and women don't deserve to be treated this way by guy who think they are an easy pick up. This is a diet and fitness web site and people should have the decency to act accordingly. He was in no way being respectful from the start. If he was, he won't have tried to do what he did. So, you must be under the assumption that his behavior was ok and it is a ladies fault if she doesn't explain on a diet and fitness web site that she don't want to be picked up. It was the guy's fault. Not hers. He's the creep that needs to leave. Our profiles are designed to be related to fitness and weight here....not will you have sex with me if I get to know you.

Why are you so certain that everyone does everything for the exact same reasons as you?
  • DavPul
    Options
    _QueenE_ wrote: »
    You just don't comprehend it. You think this is just complaining? The guys behavior was totally wrong for the whole web site. He needs to go to match.com. This doesn't belong here and women don't deserve to be treated this way by guy who think they are an easy pick up. This is a diet and fitness web site and people should have the decency to act accordingly. He was in no way being respectful from the start. If he was, he won't have tried to do what he did. So, you must be under the assumption that his behavior was ok and it is a ladies fault if she doesn't explain on a diet and fitness web site that she don't want to be picked up. It was the guy's fault. Not hers. He's the creep that needs to leave. Our profiles are designed to be related to fitness and weight here....not will you have sex with me if I get to know you.

Trying to dictate proper behavior to others on an internet site is futile. All you can do is change your own. If you refuse to change what you do, and instead cry "others must change to accommodate me" you are just complaining.

Then MFP should give users more privacy options if they are just going to let stuff like this happen.

Stuff like what? What even if this thread about? OP was flirted with, told guy to go away, guy went away? Unless she actually wanted him to stick around there's no there there.
  • DavPul
    Options
    norie92 wrote: »
    Unfortunately a lot of guys tend to think everything is fair game everywhere with no limitations. I'm not a feminist dude or whatever, nor am I a sellout but it gets tiring seeing other dudes making us look bad like this. Guys, there's a time and a place and it's not on MyFitnessPal.

What about those who have met and married on this site? Should they have not done so!?!?

No, because that one chick has already decreed that meaningful personal happiness is not what this site is for
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I don't allow bicep squeezes until the second date.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

Trying to dictate proper behavior to others on an internet site is futile. All you can do is change your own. If you refuse to change what you do, and instead cry "others must change to accommodate me" you are just complaining.

Then MFP should give users more privacy options if they are just going to let stuff like this happen.

Stuff like what? What even if this thread about? OP was flirted with, told guy to go away, guy went away? Unless she actually wanted him to stick around there's no there there.
    Don't you know you're only allowd to express interest in the opposite sex if you are on match.com....smh
  • DavPul
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

Kinda late to the party

The note on my profile didn't give you permission to respond to my post
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the support. I don't believe anything I said should have gotten me any attitude from anyone. I think that I will discontinue the support from this site. I do not need negativity in my life. Thank you good luck and God Bless.

I sympathize and that is why I don't put my picture up. I get lots of "How you doin'?" and "dang, giiirrrrl" etc... yuck. Unfortunately, it's the culture we live in. It's our job as women to deal with unwanted advances from strangers, and learn to avoid/get out of uncomfortable situations, instead of their responsibility to not make advances on people they don't know, or detect what perhaps might make someone feel uncomfortable. It's super backwards and it sucks.

Hope you have a better time on the site from here on in... I just skip over the vapid threads and post where it might actually be helpful/applicable to health, weight loss, well being... and only add friends who have similar goals and mindsets :)

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »

Don't add friends and you can have all the privacy you want! Friends aren't a necessity to use this site.

Creepers can still send messages though. Doesn't matter if you friend someone or not. So actually, you don't!

Put your profile on private and stay out of any flirtatious threads and creepers will have no interest in you.

If you have inappropriate pm's report them to the mods.

Take control of your life, don't let others control it for you, and for peat's sake don't try to control others lives!

Not true, you don't have to post in those *kitten* threads to receive unwanted messages.

You must be quite desirable if you post nothing provocative, stay out of the BS threads and still get stalked.

Yes it must be tough; but for me Odes 1/4 eaten pecan pie has me thinking of PMing them. It looks really good- - -no I'm not saying it is a good or bad food. More yummy is a term I'll use to describe the pic. . . . .

bahahaha. I've been eyeing that pecan tart all week.
    I'm so angry someone would post that picture on a FITNESS SITE! This doesn't belong here and I don't deserve to be treated like this.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

Don't add friends and you can have all the privacy you want! Friends aren't a necessity to use this site.

Creepers can still send messages though. Doesn't matter if you friend someone or not. So actually, you don't!

Put your profile on private and stay out of any flirtatious threads and creepers will have no interest in you.

Take control of your life, don't let others control it for you, and for peat's sake don't try to control others lives!

Not true, you don't have to post in those *kitten* threads to receive unwanted messages.

You must be quite desirable if you post nothing provocative, stay out of the BS threads and still get stalked.

Yes it must be tough; but for me Odes 1/4 eaten pecan pie has me thinking of PMing them. It looks really good- - -no I'm not saying it is a good or bad food. More yummy is a term I'll use to describe the pic. . . . .

I'm so angry someone would post that picture on a FITNESS SITE! This doesn't belong here and I don't deserve to be treated like this.

I could never control myself around moist tarts
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Obviously some people in this thread have received the same attention that OP received and live for it and thrive on it. That's alright. Hopefully they don't run into any trouble with that kind of attention in the real world.

So if someone disagrees with you, they want that kind of attention?

I just ignore anything like that. If you get a PM from someone you don't know, why do you even need to open it? Just delete it!

I am not going to let anything stupid get in the way of my weight loss and fitness journey, and that includes pervs and jerks. The easy road is to get in a huff and get distracted. Or, you can keep your eye on the prize, and just ignore the unimportant crap that life throws at you. Because we all know, life throws curveballs, and most are a lot worse than a guy hitting on you in a PM.

And if it gets out of hand / stalkerish, you report him, simple.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options

Still looking for this pecan pie, I must have missed it! :'(

Who ate it while I was searching??
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

On+a+slightly+unrelated+note+the+quot+that+makes+me+moist+quot+_674827d7c07b9071e3e4fc95083ced29.jpg

• arditarose
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »

On+a+slightly+unrelated+note+the+quot+that+makes+me+moist+quot+_674827d7c07b9071e3e4fc95083ced29.jpg

DAH!
  • binaryjester
    binaryjester Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I do declare I have the vapors. I love MFP. It's like the real internet...WITH TRAINING WHEELS!
  • arditarose
    Options
    I do declare I have the vapors. I love MFP. It's like the real internet...WITH TRAINING WHEELS!

DAH! Clown.

This thread is gonna give me nightmares.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »

DY
    ING
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Obviously some people in this thread have received the same attention that OP received and live for it and thrive on it. That's alright. Hopefully they don't run into any trouble with that kind of attention in the real world.

Not being outraged or thinking its a big deal =/- live and thrive on it. That's a heck of an insulting assumption.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the support. I don't believe anything I said should have gotten me any attitude from anyone. I think that I will discontinue the support from this site. I do not need negativity in my life. Thank you good luck and God Bless.

I sympathize and that is why I don't put my picture up. I get lots of "How you doin'?" and "dang, giiirrrrl" etc... yuck. Unfortunately, it's the culture we live in. It's our job as women to deal with unwanted advances from strangers, and learn to avoid/get out of uncomfortable situations, instead of their responsibility to not make advances on people they don't know, or detect what perhaps might make someone feel uncomfortable. It's super backwards and it sucks.

Hope you have a better time on the site from here on in... I just skip over the vapid threads and post where it might actually be helpful/applicable to health, weight loss, well being... and only add friends who have similar goals and mindsets :)

Huh?

Because it only happens to women....
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »

Huh?

Because it only happens to women....

It's funny how that works isn't it!