This is not a dating page...

Options

Replies

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    And bars are for drinking, libraries for reading and grocery store for shopping for groceries. The fact of the matter is, wherever people gather, both men and women are going to try to hook up with other men and women. Just as it's unrealistic to expect the outside world to conform to us, the world of the Internet is much the same. The bonus to the Internet though is that it comes with little x's and block buttons that make it ever so easy to ignore unwanted conversation in any form with almost no need for direct confrontation. Enjoy that.

Get out with your logic nonsense...
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    norie92 wrote: »
    Unfortunately a lot of guys tend to think everything is fair game everywhere with no limitations. I'm not a feminist dude or whatever, nor am I a sellout but it gets tiring seeing other dudes making us look bad like this. Guys, there's a time and a place and it's not on MyFitnessPal.

What about those who have met and married on this site? Should they have not done so!?!?
    This is an important question because I also met my wife on a website that was not a dating site.

What can we do to amend the damages our horrible crime has wreaked upon society?

• Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    HwnPQNs.gif

BxEyPg9.jpg
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    Missy and Amy-Kee have valid points, they don't NEED protection, didn't ASK for it, they don't HAVE to tolerate it, and there is NO WAY to not show anything abut yourself UNTIL you make it public. You might as well say anyone can contact you and comment on your weight, your looks, and ask for naked pictures or suggest anything they like! which can happen in public too....but really, why should that be allowed here??? Telling someone attractive "don't put up your picture then" is like the old "she was asking for it by dressing that way"…..and have you seen the naked body shots here..male and female? In our absorbed SELFIE NATION someone modest, or not willing to strip to show abs is told to like it or lump it. You don't have to be a "feminist" to expect courtesy and some level of manners.
    So you believe that an anonymous person* flirting with you on a website via a text message is comparable to being raped?

(*or even a computer program, because let's face it you don't even know if it was a bot or a real person.)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    _QueenE_ wrote: »
    Obviously some people in this thread have received the same attention that OP received and live for it and thrive on it. That's alright. Hopefully they don't run into any trouble with that kind of attention in the real world.
    Yeah, this is totally different from the "she was asking for it" mentality.
  • Kiwi_Made
    Kiwi_Made Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    In a perfect world everybody would behave in the matter that you expect. But I'm thinking you must be brand new to the internet.
  • brcossette
    brcossette Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wait this isn't a hook up site?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I mean, if he harassed you after you said you weren't interested... I get it.

But a person who stops talking to you after you say you're in a relationship?

I don't get the issue ...
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I don't accept any friend requests, as that's not a part of this site I have interest in.

I did get a weird message nonetheless though from a guy who was like "Hey, chin up girl you're beautiful and you've got this," which was odd since I haven't posted anything indicating that I'm struggling with...well, anything, really. It was creepy and unwelcome, and I deleted it immediately.
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    lngrunert wrote: »
    I don't accept any friend requests, as that's not a part of this site I have interest in.

I did get a weird message nonetheless though from a guy who was like "Hey, chin up girl you're beautiful and you've got this," which was odd since I haven't posted anything indicating that I'm struggling with...well, anything, really. It was creepy and unwelcome, and I deleted it immediately.

That message apparently went to a lot of people.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    Thank you all for the support. I don't believe anything I said should have gotten me any attitude from anyone. I think that I will discontinue the support from this site. I do not need negativity in my life. Thank you good luck and God Bless.

I sympathize and that is why I don't put my picture up. I get lots of "How you doin'?" and "dang, giiirrrrl" etc... yuck. Unfortunately, it's the culture we live in. It's our job as women to deal with unwanted advances from strangers, and learn to avoid/get out of uncomfortable situations, instead of their responsibility to not make advances on people they don't know, or detect what perhaps might make someone feel uncomfortable. It's super backwards and it sucks.
    Out of curiosity, how many times have you asked men out?

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

I got that too!!! I figured someone sent it to the wrong person...
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    If I may play devils advocate! As a single woman, if a guy were to find me interesting and send me a note, and I found him interesting in return, I wouldnt freak out. I mean...you really never know where you will meet someone, and by virture of both of us having an interest in weight loss / fitness / health thats already something we have in common to look into and possibly build on.

But then, I describe myself as single in my bio...when I was off limits and in a relationship,I said so. But yeah, I dont only expect guys to approach me at single centric events / situations, since I dont place myself in single centric events / situations. I just go about my life and who I meet is who I meet.

Kind of like how, Im not on here to meet friends...but as my good fortune would have it, I have met some wonderful people on here that I would not turn away from social interactions with just because thats not the purpose of this site. They cant help being the awesome people that they are, so Im not going to hold that against them! LoL :blush:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options

DON'T YOU TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME!
  • binaryjester
    binaryjester Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    TIL...chin up and you're beautiful...is creepy.
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options

Oh, thank God! I was wondering what the hell I could have done to make someone think I'd welcome that kind of thing.

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options

Oh, thank God! I was wondering what the hell I could have done to make someone think I'd welcome that kind of thing.

I got that one too, and so did some other people I know.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options

I got that one too, and so did some other people I know.

And I thought I was special. You guys really are mean.