This is not a dating page...

Options

Replies

• MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Why are you creating so much drama over nothing? If you aren't interested, just tell him that. Or write on your profile that you are not interested in that type of thing, and just unfriend anyone who violates your conditions.

Unless he sent you unsolicited nudes or wrote something very explicit with no provocation, he really didn't do anything "wrong". People don't just meet on dating sites or bars. People meet their spouses at work, on random internet sites (yes, even fitness sites), at the dentist office, the laundromat, wherever. If a person is interested, male or female, there is nothing wrong with taking a shot. Just take it as a compliment and say no thanks.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Dayum... No one ever chats me up. Sure is great having an ugly face :D lol
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »

I know, right? It's like people here don't even realise that my profile pic is my boobs.

(happily married, not actually looking for action, thanks)
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

I know, right? It's like people here don't even realise that my profile pic is my boobs.

And here was me just about to hit on you. Sigh :(
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options

I just want you for your sonic screwdriver ;)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

Wait, there's boobs? @_@ I noticed the sonic screwdrivers before anything else. q:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Oh, if y'all are into the sonic screwdrivers, hit a girl up! :D
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    58133094.jpg
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Its all a bit presumptuous that the guys are a collective and are all out for dates. Ridiculous, dont tar everyone with the same brush OP. Its the internet, its a site with hundreds of thousands of users, they arent all the same.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    csuhar wrote: »
    Granted, there are better, more polite ways to go about it. Someone who quickly friends, makes a move, gets turned down and immediately un-friends the person who turned them away is most likely a creeper looking to hook up. Friend requesting someone JUST to hit on them? That's a no-go in my book.
    So if someone wants to have sex with people they don't know very well, they are a bad person? Can you explain this a little more?

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    csuhar wrote: »
    Granted, there are better, more polite ways to go about it. Someone who quickly friends, makes a move, gets turned down and immediately un-friends the person who turned them away is most likely a creeper looking to hook up. Friend requesting someone JUST to hit on them? That's a no-go in my book.
    So if someone wants to have sex with people they don't know very well, they are a bad person? Can you explain this a little more?

In, to know as well.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Thank you all for the support. I don't believe anything I said should have gotten me any attitude from anyone. I think that I will discontinue the support from this site. I do not need negativity in my life. Thank you good luck and God Bless.

I sympathize and that is why I don't put my picture up. I get lots of "How you doin'?" and "dang, giiirrrrl" etc... yuck. Unfortunately, it's the culture we live in. It's our job as women to deal with unwanted advances from strangers, and learn to avoid/get out of uncomfortable situations, instead of their responsibility to not make advances on people they don't know, or detect what perhaps might make someone feel uncomfortable. It's super backwards and it sucks.
    Out of curiosity, how many times have you asked men out?

I'm hoping the OP comes back and tells us the story of how her fiance approached her when he first asked her out. He's lucky she didn't flounce
    I'm not sure if I'd agree with that.

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    SyzygyX wrote: »
    I write them essays in response to their initial contact. One has been on phonoaesthetics, another on biosemiotics, and yet another on the ancient Greek practice of Orgia. Weirdly, I never receive a follow up.
    You're my new favorite.

• madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    <sighs> oh, the burdens we must bear.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Thank you all for the support. I don't believe anything I said should have gotten me any attitude from anyone. I think that I will discontinue the support from this site. I do not need negativity in my life. Thank you good luck and God Bless.

I sympathize and that is why I don't put my picture up. I get lots of "How you doin'?" and "dang, giiirrrrl" etc... yuck. Unfortunately, it's the culture we live in. It's our job as women to deal with unwanted advances from strangers, and learn to avoid/get out of uncomfortable situations, instead of their responsibility to not make advances on people they don't know, or detect what perhaps might make someone feel uncomfortable. It's super backwards and it sucks.
    Out of curiosity, how many times have you asked men out?

I'm hoping the OP comes back and tells us the story of how her fiance approached her when he first asked her out. He's lucky she didn't flounce
    I'm not sure if I'd agree with that.

*giggle snort*
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    lngrunert wrote: »
    I don't accept any friend requests, as that's not a part of this site I have interest in.

I did get a weird message nonetheless though from a guy who was like "Hey, chin up girl you're beautiful and you've got this," which was odd since I haven't posted anything indicating that I'm struggling with...well, anything, really. It was creepy and unwelcome, and I deleted it immediately.

If you also avoid the forums, and the pesky daily logging of everything you eat and do, it's actually pretty low maintenance.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    So, are we saying that it's bad to ask for noodz and a KIK name on the first exchange?

But, seriously, sometimes I wonder how people survive real life. Try walking past a construction site in NYC in the middle of the summer wearing a dress.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    So, are we saying that it's bad to ask for noodz and a KIK name on the first exchange?

But, seriously, sometimes I wonder how people survive real life. Try walking past a construction site in NYC in the middle of the summer wearing a dress.

Tell me about it.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »

Tell me about it.

I can't help it!!

All those sweaty working men... If they didn't want to be cat called they should learn not to glisten in the sun like that. :heart_eyes:
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »

Tell me about it.

I can't help it!!

All those sweaty working men... If they didn't want to be cat called they should learn not to glisten in the sun like that. :heart_eyes:

:D Brilliant!