Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    When the gym supervisor for the cardio room brings in their dinner (usually McDonald's)

YOURE MAKING ME HUNGRYYYY
    Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

Gross. Who eats crap like that if they are at or going to the gym. Ew.

I do. Because I can.
    When the gym supervisor for the cardio room brings in their dinner (usually McDonald's)

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

People who have figured out exactly how they can fit a Double Down into their day? Or cardio bunnies willing to sweat 600 calories out?

That stuff is gross and I don't think it's even real food. I don't see how those fatty maybe not even foods could help you do a double down or sweat out 600 calories? Not to mention, have you see what it does almost immediately to your blood, so gross.

What does it do to our blood? And I've never had a double down

Hight fat food straight to your bloodstream
    Sorry but that is no way a reputable source.

Got any that isn't a blog?

Also, that video doesn't even support your argument. Sorry.

...There is a second video, which was the one I was looking for, which the doctor talks about this yellowy liquid coming from his veins before getting his blood. Turned out he had just eaten a high fat lunch at the local fast food place.....

Sorry, but this is the most idiotic post in this thread. Not even close.

The only thing in your veins is blood. It is pretty much evenly mixed throughout your body. There is no chance that when drawing blood you would get a "yellowy liquid" from your vein. Zero chance. You will get blood. It isn't like looking at the dipstick in a car where you can stick a needle in your vein and pull it out to see how far up on the needle the "yellowy liquid" goes.

http://bmedia.fooducate.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Buttery-Blood.jpg

Tell me, are you a phlebotomist?

Oh, and PS, blood is not all that is in your veins, there is plac and arteries clogged by garbage diets.

so you are saying that one 600 calorie meal from KFC is a "garbage diet"....or are you making a general statement based on assumptions that no one knows?

Nope, I'm saying high fat fast foods are garbage, but most people who eat those things don't just stop there, they eat like that at home as well. So, garbage diets. Yes, I know there are exceptions to everything, but those foods are still high in fat and grease and can do a number on your digestive tract. If you're low on energy, grab some fruit, want a meal, have a huge salad.

so the answer is that you are making assumptions based on what you think people are consuming.

thanks for clarifying that.

I love how you assume to know what the overall diet of every fast food eater is. That is a neat trick, and you will have to teach me how to do it someday.

Nope, wrong yet again. There are key words that you seem to love to ignore, words like MOST, and the line where I said there were exceptions to this. So, you can keep trying to put words in my mouth, but if you look at the screen you would see these things, it seems like you have ADD.

yea, it is pretty clear that you made a bunch of assumptions about people who eat fast food and then tired to extrapolate that to this thread where someone ate one meal from KFC. Unless, you have intimate knowledge of the diet of the instructor that the person is referring to...??

and just because you used the qualifier "most" does not negate that you are making assumptions...

I'm not making a bunch of assumptions about people who eat fast food! I was passing judgement on the FOOD ITSELF, I don't care what people eat, all I did was say that the food that was listed is gross to me. The rest of the conversation is mostly people being jerks just to be, trolling me, and/or bullying me. I answer your questions to the best of my ability, try to provide resources, and yet y'all say I'm wrong and say I'm doing all these things, etc. Get off it, I'm words on a screen, and you can put intent, malice, and whatever you want in there, but it doesn't make it true.

I am just going to put what you said here..

"Nope, I'm saying high fat fast foods are garbage, but most people who eat those things don't just stop there, they eat like that at home as well. So, garbage diets..."

that is a pretty broad assumption that you made, which is basically that people who eat a high fat, fast food diet are "garbage dieters"...

For those interested in the full text of what I said. "Nope, I'm saying high fat fast foods are garbage, but most people who eat those things don't just stop there, they eat like that at home as well. So, garbage diets. Yes, I know there are exceptions to everything, but those foods are still high in fat and grease and can do a number on your digestive tract. If you're low on energy, grab some fruit, want a meal, have a huge salad."

It's not an assumption, it's a statistic, look it up and see where a high fat diet through fast food consumption will lead you, even if you only eat there once a week.

just so you know..

... after a quote implies that there is more after the dots...So by doing that I was indicating that there was additional info afterwards. If I would of just put a singular period then that would of inferred it was the end of the quote.

I just took the relevant sentence where you referred back to high fat fast food folks as "garbage dieters"
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

I do. Because I can.

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

People who have figured out exactly how they can fit a Double Down into their day? Or cardio bunnies willing to sweat 600 calories out?

That stuff is gross and I don't think it's even real food. I don't see how those fatty maybe not even foods could help you do a double down or sweat out 600 calories? Not to mention, have you see what it does almost immediately to your blood, so gross.

...There is a second video, which was the one I was looking for, which the doctor talks about this yellowy liquid coming from his veins before getting his blood. Turned out he had just eaten a high fat lunch at the local fast food place.....

The only thing in your veins is blood. It is pretty much evenly mixed throughout your body. There is no chance that when drawing blood you would get a "yellowy liquid" from your vein. Zero chance. You will get blood. It isn't like looking at the dipstick in a car where you can stick a needle in your vein and pull it out to see how far up on the needle the "yellowy liquid" goes.

Oh, and PS, blood is not all that is in your veins, there is plac and arteries clogged by garbage diets.

Um, you posted a picture of blood that has separated into plasma, buffy coat, and red blood cells, which is standard for everyone who is alive.

What exactly do you do for a living?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Serah87 wrote: »
    My pet peeve is when people don't quote right. ;)

Well, so sorry about that. I tried twice. Perhaps I should just delete it because I'm not an expert at "quoting" .

So you can judge, but I can't. "Grunting" ;)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options

Well, so sorry about that. I tried twice. Perhaps I should just delete it because I'm not an expert at "quoting" .

So you can judge, but I can't. "Grunting" ;)

Touche'.

My mistake. I thought this was a thread about pet peeves at the gym, rather than just general annoyances. (Hopefully, I did this quote correctly.)
  • theoryofempire
    Options
    My biggest annoyance is when people sit on a machine and take selfies for 10 mins. Or all of the tredmills are full and there are people with a speed of .1 just chitchatting.

I get it, you pay for your membership just like I do, but I don't want to wait 10-15 mins for a machine so you can look like a fitness enthusiast on instagram. :s
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    You anti-judgement crowd realize that judging those who judge is passing judgement?

Judging the judgers has always been an exception to the no judgment rule.

See recent Planet Fitness v Lunks.

is that a supreme court case

signed judge dred

No. I believe it was tried by marketers in the court of public opinion.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Pro-tip:

After clicking the quote button, add your words *below* all the other words including the quote tags. Delete nothing.

No need to thank me. Just promise to spread this information to all your quote-busting friends. :flowerforyou:
  • WitchofWashington
    WitchofWashington Posts: 158 Member
    Options

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

I do. Because I can.

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

so you are saying that one 600 calorie meal from KFC is a "garbage diet"....or are you making a general statement based on assumptions that no one knows?

Nope, I'm saying high fat fast foods are garbage, but most people who eat those things don't just stop there, they eat like that at home as well. So, garbage diets. Yes, I know there are exceptions to everything, but those foods are still high in fat and grease and can do a number on your digestive tract. If you're low on energy, grab some fruit, want a meal, have a huge salad.

so the answer is that you are making assumptions based on what you think people are consuming.

I love how you assume to know what the overall diet of every fast food eater is. That is a neat trick, and you will have to teach me how to do it someday.

Nope, wrong yet again. There are key words that you seem to love to ignore, words like MOST, and the line where I said there were exceptions to this. So, you can keep trying to put words in my mouth, but if you look at the screen you would see these things, it seems like you have ADD.

yea, it is pretty clear that you made a bunch of assumptions about people who eat fast food and then tired to extrapolate that to this thread where someone ate one meal from KFC. Unless, you have intimate knowledge of the diet of the instructor that the person is referring to...??

and just because you used the qualifier "most" does not negate that you are making assumptions...

I'm not making a bunch of assumptions about people who eat fast food! I was passing judgement on the FOOD ITSELF, I don't care what people eat, all I did was say that the food that was listed is gross to me. The rest of the conversation is mostly people being jerks just to be, trolling me, and/or bullying me. I answer your questions to the best of my ability, try to provide resources, and yet y'all say I'm wrong and say I'm doing all these things, etc. Get off it, I'm words on a screen, and you can put intent, malice, and whatever you want in there, but it doesn't make it true.

"Nope, I'm saying high fat fast foods are garbage, but most people who eat those things don't just stop there, they eat like that at home as well. So, garbage diets..."

that is a pretty broad assumption that you made, which is basically that people who eat a high fat, fast food diet are "garbage dieters"...

For those interested in the full text of what I said. "Nope, I'm saying high fat fast foods are garbage, but most people who eat those things don't just stop there, they eat like that at home as well. So, garbage diets. Yes, I know there are exceptions to everything, but those foods are still high in fat and grease and can do a number on your digestive tract. If you're low on energy, grab some fruit, want a meal, have a huge salad."

It's not an assumption, it's a statistic, look it up and see where a high fat diet through fast food consumption will lead you, even if you only eat there once a week.

Who here has said they follow a high fat diet let alone one that comes from fast food consumption? Saying you will eat something at McDonald's or KFC means someone follows a high fat diet or that the majority of their fat intake daily comes from fast food?

Please link us to the research that shows how eating fast food once a week is detrimental to our overall health. Should us where it leads us.

Also please provide the statistic you are talking about.

No, because it doesn't matter what I say or what link I give you, you've already decided to disagree with, and that's fine, but I think it's time to leave it at that.
  • ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Options
    My biggest annoyance is when people sit on a machine and take selfies for 10 mins. Or all of the tredmills are full and there are people with a speed of .1 just chitchatting.

I get it, you pay for your membership just like I do, but I don't want to wait 10-15 mins for a machine so you can look like a fitness enthusiast on instagram. :s

I saw a bunch of stupid teenage girls taking selfies by a machine for 5 minutes....and it made me think (Thank God I'm out of high school)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

My friend is the queen of selfies (ok, not really, but considering she's in her upper 40s, I feel like she gives some teens a run for their money), and she'll do selfies or "group selfies" at the gym. I had my photo taken a few times back when we attended the same gym. Of course, she'd hang out for 30 minutes after her workout just to talk (while I'm panting on a cardio machine). It was kind of odd. We're still friends, but I do go to a different gym now...
  • WitchofWashington
    Options

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

I do. Because I can.

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

just so you know..

... after a quote implies that there is more after the dots...So by doing that I was indicating that there was additional info afterwards. If I would of just put a singular period then that would of inferred it was the end of the quote.

I just took the relevant sentence where you referred back to high fat fast food folks as "garbage dieters"

I know what it means when ... begins or follows a quote, however, I wanted to make sure anyone reading knew what I had actually said, and that I DID NOT make assumptions and if you eat fast food you are eating garbage. I THINK fast food is gross, and that was all I was trying to say, but now people are putting words in my mouth, doing only partial quotes to make me look like I'm coming down on people who eat fast food. AS I said previously, I don't care what people eat, I think fast food is disgusting and gross and garbage and bad for your health even in small quantities.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    adowe wrote: »
    I hate when my Cat sits in my squat rack... Jerkface is uber judgy

I hate when the spiders invade mine.
    Trade you
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    My pet peeves at the gym are people who ask me if I'm using a bench or spot I stopped using like 5-10 minutes ago even though they clearly saw me move to a new spot (though they probably might be thinking I'm doing interval training), people who try to talk to me when I'm on the treadmill, people who try to talk to me for unnecessary long periods of time (unless they're a friend or someone I find interesting, that's rare though), people who get in my way of me looking at the mirror to see if I'm doing a particular exercise right and people who try to take my spot even when there is my bottle AND a towel on the machine or bench to indicate to people that I'm still using it.

Other than that, I don't really give a damn what other people do in the gym or what they wear....I'm more worried about myself. And no I'm not really antisocial, an introvert or shy; I'm actually an ambivert, I'm just really concentrated in my workout and don't have time to worry about petty things.

You shouldn't be saving the spot to begin with. If you aren't using it, it is not yours.

LOL people do it all the time and I don't complain...so you're telling me if I gotta use the bathroom and I'll be back in two minutes and I'm still not done with my exercise, I should relinquish my spot over to someone?.....LOL gtfo. That would be fine if I was just texting and someone wanted to get in on a workout with me but if I gotta use the bathroom and I'm not done with my exercise....nope.

Yes, I am telling you that. Other people need to finish their workouts too. Some of us are in a hurry. Your time is not any more valuable than someone else's.

Thanks for making the rest of us pick up your dirty towel when we need to use the space that you are hold up. If you were in my gym, you would come back to find your water bottle and towel in the garbage. I'd probably turn you in to the front desk too as any kind of supersetting is against the rules if anyone is waiting.
    My pet peeves at the gym are people who ask me if I'm using a bench or spot I stopped using like 5-10 minutes ago even though they clearly saw me move to a new spot (though they probably might be thinking I'm doing interval training), people who try to talk to me when I'm on the treadmill, people who try to talk to me for unnecessary long periods of time (unless they're a friend or someone I find interesting, that's rare though), people who get in my way of me looking at the mirror to see if I'm doing a particular exercise right and people who try to take my spot even when there is my bottle AND a towel on the machine or bench to indicate to people that I'm still using it.

Other than that, I don't really give a damn what other people do in the gym or what they wear....I'm more worried about myself. And no I'm not really antisocial, an introvert or shy; I'm actually an ambivert, I'm just really concentrated in my workout and don't have time to worry about petty things.

You shouldn't be saving the spot to begin with. If you aren't using it, it is not yours.

LOL people do it all the time and I don't complain...so you're telling me if I gotta use the bathroom and I'll be back in two minutes and I'm still not done with my exercise, I should relinquish my spot over to someone?.....LOL gtfo. That would be fine if I was just texting and someone wanted to get in on a workout with me but if I gotta use the bathroom and I'm not done with my exercise....nope.

Yes, I am telling you that. Other people need to finish their workouts too. Some of us are in a hurry. Your time is not any more valuable than someone else's.

Thanks for making the rest of us pick up your dirty towel when we need to use the space that you are hold up. If you were in my gym, you would come back to find your water bottle and towel in the garbage. I'd probably turn you in to the front desk too as any kind of supersetting is against the rules if anyone is waiting.

How about nope...I'll do what I want as other people have did the same thing I have (putting their stuff on a machine as an indicator of them still using it) and I don't complain and cry about it. If you want to use the machine I'm on, just ask and I'll gladly let you use it along with me. Don't be rude and touch my stuff if you're not allowed to. Sorry but nope. Go to Planet Fitness then (which I don't go to btw judging by your previous comment.....LOL). Not my problem. Maybe I'm just too hardcore for people like you as it seems like older people just *kitten* about this issue the most.

I'm not old (hey thanks!) and I don't go to Planet Fitness. I go to an upscale private gym where supersetting is not allowed because it is rude and inefficient.

You can't hold your spot. Use it or lose it. It's just basic manners.
  • ScorpioJack_91
    Options

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

I do. Because I can.

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

just so you know..

I know what it means when ... begins or follows a quote, however, I wanted to make sure anyone reading knew what I had actually said, and that I DID NOT make assumptions and if you eat fast food you are eating garbage. I THINK fast food is gross, and that was all I was trying to say, but now people are putting words in my mouth, doing only partial quotes to make me look like I'm coming down on people who eat fast food. AS I said previously, I don't care what people eat, I think fast food is disgusting and gross and garbage and bad for your health even in small quantities.

Well fast food can be enjoyed in moderation...I love BK but I don't eat it all the time...once and a while when I have a cheat day. I'm starting to love Chipotle though...I'm in love with Chipotle....(that's a reference to a song)
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    I just came back from the gym where I experienced my only pet peeve.

The dreaded cloud of cloying body spray.

I'd rather smell body odor, frankly.

Well, it annoys me when people leave dumbbells laying on the floor instead of putting them back too. This applies to plates left laying around in other areas as well. I go to an LA Fitness, and the cardio area is upstairs. Someone carried some plates upstairs and left them there???? What? But those are only minor annoyances. It's the body spray that really bugs.

I saw some pretty bizarre stuff at L.A. fitness. I wasn't judging them, but it was sure fun to watch during my monotonous cardio upstairs.

I remember one man who always did crossfit (maybe it was crossfit? LOL) style exercises. For example, downstairs there are a few benches (like, for sitting) located throughout the gym. He would steal the bench for himself, flop it over, pile 45lb plates on it, and then push it up and down the rows of weight equipment. It would pretty much destroy the padding on the benches and sometimes it would snag the carpet and just drag it all over the place. He was asked to stop almost every time he did this.

I also saw him with a bar he stole from the bench press, loaded up with weight, and he would press it overhead and then run up and down the stairs to the cardio area with it. This was of course dangerous for himself and others and was always asked to stop.

He would also grab a 45lb plate and run up and down the stairs in intervals.

I mean, there were some things he did that were ridiculous looking and pretty dangerous, but i just found it amusing. Even still, not judging, it was clearly working for him cause he was shredded than a ****.

Lmao some people are so extra.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

Pretty sure this was just a lighthearted attempt to bring some much-needed levity to the thread.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

Okay, now you're just trolling us. Because no one in the free weight section of the gym can be this ignorant.

Lol@turning me into the front desk. PUHLEEZE do this

Free weights and machines are together at my gym.

No skin off my nose--I will politely complain about someone like you until you get kicked out.
  • WitchofWashington
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

I do. Because I can.

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

Um, you posted a picture of blood that has separated into plasma, buffy coat, and red blood cells, which is standard for everyone who is alive.

What exactly do you do for a living?

Actually that is not what the picture is, but thanks for playing.
  • ScorpioJack_91
    edited March 2015
    Options

How about nope...I'll do what I want as other people have did the same thing I have (putting their stuff on a machine as an indicator of them still using it) and I don't complain and cry about it. If you want to use the machine I'm on, just ask and I'll gladly let you use it along with me. Don't be rude and touch my stuff if you're not allowed to. Sorry but nope. Go to Planet Fitness then (which I don't go to btw judging by your previous comment.....LOL). Not my problem. Maybe I'm just too hardcore for people like you as it seems like older people just *kitten* about this issue the most.

I'm not old (hey thanks!) and I don't go to Planet Fitness. I go to an upscale private gym where supersetting is not allowed because it is rude and inefficient.

You can't hold your spot. Use it or lose it. It's just basic manners.

I said you were OLDER, not old. Obviously if I'm 23 and you're in your late 30s..that means you're older and why are you bringing up that old topic? Who cares, I'm still gonna do what I want ok? If you don't like it too bad as I don't go to the same gym as you :)