Easter

Options

Replies

• kimzy132124
    kimzy132124 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    For those who have no actual advice don't comment. I have a very strict diet and children who aren't stupid. I will the egg whites and figure something out for the kids. I eat eggs all the time but I'm not interested in saving my whole days worth of calories and throwing all the proportions off. I asked for advice you either give it or get the *kitten* off this thread. Tired of all the apps people gotta be trolling.

Well, that escalated quickly.

Also, if you need to save a whole day's worth of calories to eat a hardboiled egg? You need to examine your "very strict" diet. It doesn't sound like a healthy way to go about things at all.

That's not what I'm saying. I have to eat a certain way too keep up with my training. I don't have a lot left over at te end of the day
  • kimzy132124
    Options

[/quote]
    Oh damn! Well put them in the trunk of your car, in something to hide and take them to the gas station trash bin or something lol.
    [/quote]
    Finally an idea lol. That's actually brilliant since I have one right next door :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    For those who have no actual advice don't comment. I have a very strict diet and children who aren't stupid. I will the egg whites and figure something out for the kids. I eat eggs all the time but I'm not interested in saving my whole days worth of calories and throwing all the proportions off. I asked for advice you either give it or get the *kitten* off this thread. Tired of all the apps people gotta be trolling.

Also, if you need to save a whole day's worth of calories to eat a hardboiled egg? You need to examine your "very strict" diet. It doesn't sound like a healthy way to go about things at all.

That's not what I'm saying. I have to eat a certain way too keep up with my training. I don't have a lot left over at te end of the day

what training?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Easter bunny eats carrots at our house. Do rabbits even eat eggs?
    i was wondering the same thing. our easter bunny LEAVES eggs for us to find...we have never left him something. :p

Yeah, that's why I was confused. This was our tradition. The Easter Bunny never got food, and I assume he or she would have gotten carrots anyway.
  • lemurcat12
    edited March 2015
    Options
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    Wait....if they are for the Easter Bunny, can't you just toss them or give themU to somebody that will eat them? I'm not understanding why you have to eat them. I'd just toss them.

The kids think the Easter Bunny ate them anyway I'm guessing right? IDK my kid is 13 and didn't like that stuff when he was little.
    You would think that but last year my daughter checked the trash. Lol

Well, wouldn't you toss the shells anyway? Put them in your purse and toss them elsewhere. Or switch to carrots and tell them Easter Bunny is avoiding cholesterol. I'm having trouble seeing why this is an issue.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This is the first I've heard of leaving something for the Easter bunny (if I'm reading that correctly). Then again, my kids never believed in the Easter bunny. It was always a just-for-fun story for them. They somehow managed to swallow the whole Santa Claus thing, but a human-size rabbit inexplicably carrying eggs around (rabbits don't lay eggs, rabbits don't eat eggs, I mean what the...? At least Santa Claus's excuse was that he liked kids, supposedly) was just a bridge too far for them. ;)

Also, mythical creatures delivering things typically focus on something unique and fabulous to bring - toys, chocolates, magical little gold coins, etc. Eggs are pretty ordinary and my kids like but don't love them, they're a bland filler food for them (I love them, myself...crazy kids!). I think the idea of some magical being bringing...well, eggs, is just...wah, wah, wwwwwah, wwwwwwaaaaaaaaaah (decreasing-tone trombone sound) in my children's estimation (prettily colored or not). It would be like the Broccoli Otter coming on Arbor Day or something. I'm picturing something like this:

Me: You'd better leave some mud plaster for the Broccoli Otter, or he won't come again next year!

My kids: Good.
  • lemurcat12
    edited March 2015
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    This is the first I've heard of leaving something for the Easter bunny (if I'm reading that correctly). Then again, my kids never believed in the Easter bunny. It was always a just-for-fun story for them. They somehow managed to swallow the whole Santa Claus thing, but a human-size rabbit inexplicably carrying eggs around (rabbits don't lay eggs, rabbits don't eat eggs, I mean what the...?) was just a bridge too far for them. ;)

This is what I recall from my childhood.

In the last Easter thread I linked the David Sedaris essay about trying to explain the Easter Bunny in a French class in France (with a bunch of people from various countries, most of whom did not have particularly good French). One brief selection:
    "And who brings the chocolate?" the teacher asked.

I knew the word, so I raised my hand, saying, "The rabbit of Easter. He bring of the chocolate."

"A rabbit?" The teacher, assuming I'd used the wrong word, positioned her index fingers on top of her head, wriggling them as though they were ears. "You mean one of these? A rabbit rabbit?"

"Well, sure," I said. "He come in the night when one sleep on bed. Which a hand he have a basket and foods."

The teacher sighed and shook her head. As far as she was concerned, I had just explained everything wrong with my country. "No, no," she said. "Here in France the chocolate is brought by a big bell that flies in from Rome."

I called for a time-out. "But how do the bell know where you live?"

"Well," she said, "how does a rabbit?"

casadelogo.typepad.com/factesque/2005/03/the_rabbit_of_e.html (Warning, some MFP-prohibited words.)
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options

Me: You'd better leave some mud plaster for the Broccoli Otter, or he won't come again next year!

My kids: Good.

This made my day. Also, how do I let the Broccoli Otter know where I live? I love broccoli!
  • LAWoman72
    edited March 2015
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »

This made my day. Also, how do I let the Broccoli Otter know where I live? I love broccoli!

Have you been a good girl this year? Have you made sure not to drill into, paint, or pee on ANY trees? If so, be sure to leave your wet mud outside on the evening of April 23! The Broccoli Otter is SURE to come! His magic buck teeth sense all the good little children everywhere.

Happy Arbor Day!

• LAWoman72
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

In the last Easter thread I linked the David Sedaris essay about trying to explain the Easter Bunny in a French class in France (with a bunch of people from various countries, most of whom did not have particularly good French). One brief selection:
    "And who brings the chocolate?" the teacher asked.

I knew the word, so I raised my hand, saying, "The rabbit of Easter. He bring of the chocolate."

"A rabbit?" The teacher, assuming I'd used the wrong word, positioned her index fingers on top of her head, wriggling them as though they were ears. "You mean one of these? A rabbit rabbit?"

"Well, sure," I said. "He come in the night when one sleep on bed. Which a hand he have a basket and foods."

The teacher sighed and shook her head. As far as she was concerned, I had just explained everything wrong with my country. "No, no," she said. "Here in France the chocolate is brought by a big bell that flies in from Rome."

I called for a time-out. "But how do the bell know where you live?"

"Well," she said, "how does a rabbit?"

casadelogo.typepad.com/factesque/2005/03/the_rabbit_of_e.html (Warning, some MFP-prohibited words.)

Ha ha, cute and excellent point!

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    This is the first I've heard of leaving something for the Easter bunny (if I'm reading that correctly). Then again, my kids never believed in the Easter bunny. It was always a just-for-fun story for them. They somehow managed to swallow the whole Santa Claus thing, but a human-size rabbit inexplicably carrying eggs around (rabbits don't lay eggs, rabbits don't eat eggs, I mean what the...? At least Santa Claus's excuse was that he liked kids, supposedly) was just a bridge too far for them. ;)
    I grew up in the UK where the Easter Bunny wasn't a thing. Your parents, or someone else who liked you, said "Happy Easter" and handed you a chocolate egg. I got in trouble when we first arrived in Canada and I said, in front of a school friend of my son "Oh we just leave the eggs out for the kids on Easter morning". I got a stern look and a hard foot-nudge and had to quickly back-pedal.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

what training?

This.

Even hardcore BB competitors could fit a hardboiled egg in before bed.

I'm thinking OP might have been given a "regimen" by a QUACK.
  • kimzy132124
    Options
    I have to loose 80 lbs very quickly in order to train and be accepted into the mma program I've been workin towards. I have less than a year to do it. I've lost about 60 but have another 80 to go. So no fitting an egg in is a problem. Whatever you guys have at it. I asked for advice and all I get is basically *kitten*. I found someone who helped me with it so ummm peace. The only quacks I have found today are right here. If it weren't for this app being so helpful with keeping track of what I eat I would say *kitten* it and delete this *kitten*. Real *kitten* supports up in here.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Wow.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Haven't read all the comments so not sure if this has been said.

I have to say- I never heard of leaving eggs for the EB. When I was younger, the EB hid our baskets (in weird places- oven is NOT a good place to hide a basket when your teen is responsive for making dessert) along with money filled eggs. Besides, rabbits don't eat eggs. Maybe start a new tradition? Tell the kids the bunny realizes they are older and thinks they would rather search for money filled eggs than hide hard boiled ones.

If hiding the eggs is becuse your kids like to decorate them, they can still do that. We used to dye and decorate eggs (with crayons so they would show through the dye) and eat them through the week. We also did big family Easter dinners, so we'd decorate eggs with one for each family member, who'd end up with like 6 eggs each because all the kids did it lol.

FYI- if your kids "check the trash" the gig is up. They already know the EB doesn't exist.
  • LAWoman72
    Options
    I have to loose 80 lbs very quickly in order to train and be accepted into the mma program I've been workin towards. I have less than a year to do it. I've lost about 60 but have another 80 to go. So no fitting an egg in is a problem. Whatever you guys have at it. I asked for advice and all I get is basically *kitten*. I found someone who helped me with it so ummm peace. The only quacks I have found today are right here. If it weren't for this app being so helpful with keeping track of what I eat I would say *kitten* it and delete this *kitten*. Real *kitten* supports up in here.

What on earth...? Nobody was being unsupportive and trust me, I'm pretty sensitive to that. We did go off the beaten path and have a little fun, but it wasn't at your expense or anything. I mean we realize you didn't invent the bunny and egg association, that one's been around for a while.

As for people suggesting you just eat an egg, we just don't understand (or I don't, anyway) what program would restrict one egg from your day unless it was doctor's orders. You say it's very precise and that's about it...But seriously 70 calories out of your entire day? Of course we don't quite understand why that would be, and knowing the reasons we might be able to help you, which is what you say you want, but instead of giving a brief description you just swear at everybody...?

I have no idea what set you off so badly but some people did try to help, even with basically zero input from you on what your actual parameters are, and you hated all of them except for the purse one, so what can I tell you...I guess stuff an egg in your purse and happy Easter.

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    If a program requires you to lose so much so quick, perhaps it is not a program you want to be involved with. I mean, my next thought would be, what will they expect after accepted?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options

And yet they believe in the Easter Bunny.

Why don't you just have the Easter Bunny write them a letter explaining rabbits don't eat eggs?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

hate to break it to you but if you starving yourself to get into MMA training you are going to have a shock when you begin said training...