Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    threnjen wrote: »
    ... double post, MFP blip...

Phew. It's not just me, lol.
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    My confession: I live vicariously through the people in this forum, because I have no physical friends. It's like watching the group of cool kids in the playground back when I was at school. :|

I don't really have friends either. There's another mom I get along pretty well with but we only see each other on the rare days she picks up her kids... but I've been so disappointed by friendships in the past, I don't actually care. Well, except when people talk about going out with their friends and post all the pictures and it makes me feel very lonely. But I haven't had a close friend since my first marriage 15 years ago.

Until recently I had one friend who I actually hung out with in real life. A few weeks ago, I forced myself to reach out to an acquaintance who had a new baby and it went well, so now I have 2 friends. I am jealous of women who are close to their sisters - my sister is on drugs and won't talk to me. /sad

I feel that way about sisters sometimes too. I have a sister that lives far away so we literally only see each other for a day or less once every few years. We get along, but are not close.

My friends have dwindled down over the years, there are four that were toxic that have been cut out for years and I am much better for it.

I have one very close girlfriend since I was four years old, but she lives a few hours away and we are both so busy we only see each other a couple times a year. I have one close girlfriend that used to live here but now we get together once a year for a girls weekend. And I have a small handful where I live that I will get together with when possible, which is not often do to time.

My best girlfriend died two years ago this month, we were super close for 20 years. We did so much together that people often thought we were sisters. I still miss her terribly, I think about her every single day and often still cry. She was very sick for the last while she was alive, and I am glad she is not suffering anymore, but I still was not ready to say good-bye to her.

That is heartbreaking. I'm so sorry.

@berlynnwall I am so sorry to hear you've lost such a close friend...it breaks my heart to hear that you're going through this. <3
  • FrostAyy
    FrostAyy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I used to be able to eat an entire pepperoni pizza without gaining weight. I wish I had started my diet when I had that crazy metabolism.
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Confession: I've only been here a few months and most of what I thought I knew about the forums has been negated by this thread. It must be the "no judgement" and I'm astonished that so many people take that to heart...

Someone hand me a puppy so I can kiss it.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    It's 3:47 am here and I'm awake catching up on this thread as I woke up to go to the bathroom and decided to see what had been happening since I went to bed- now back to sleep!
  • darkriver2012
    darkriver2012 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I will be having pizza for dinner.
  • louminouche
    louminouche Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    On Thursday and Friday I binged watch "The Killing" 30 episodes in two days. Lied to my husband as he worries about liking too much my own company. I do not know how I did but kept to my calories entitlement. Definitely less cravings since on low carbs.

• amehh91
    amehh91 Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    My son's dad is a real douche, he greatly contributed to my PND issues after I had my son (cheating, not contributing to rent and racking up debt in my name, no baby help, verbally abusive, smashed my belongings etcetc). I finally left when my son was 18 months and he has refused to see him since just before his 2nd birthday and he constantly quits jobs so he doesn't have to pay child maintenance.
    Confession: I still feel just as peed off about it now as I did in the beginning and I'm not a particularly angry person but I have fantasised about bumping into him and having my say about the whole thing (I have held my tongue for my sons sake).
    2nd confession: I feel guilty about still letting confession 1 get to me as it has been nearly 2 years since I left and I think everyone thinks I should just get over it now.
    3rd confession: I'm making damn sure that if I do bump into him again (not likely as I had to move counties to get away from him) I am going to look super hot and he will know he didn't break me and me and my son are far better off without him.

Phew it feels good to get that off my chest!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness I spent 2 days away from this thread because I got crazy busy and someone earlier on a few days ago mentioned an Easter thread. I went and found it and I am totally amazed that no one has mentioned it again. It's hysterical and definitely rivals the early days of this thread for burst out loud laughing. Which I do when I read this thread (usually in the middle of the night and my cats think I am nuts). But 2 threads for me was too much to keep up with! So got sadly behind.

My confession is I have been having a rough couple of weeks and yesterday just sucked. Lots of reasons too long and boring to go into, but spending from 2:30 am to 5:30 am reading the last 2 days was cathartic and I can relate to so much of this it made me feel (marginally) better. But now I am too tired to go to the two exercise classes I usually do on Saturday and I think I will just roll over and go back to sleep. Then spend the weekend dealing with the fallout from the crap that happened yesterday. I hate people. Especially ones that screw up and when you do something to fix the situation to your own detriment instead of being grateful they flip the situation to be your fault anyway. So now I alluded to the issue without explaining it.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Wow the only fun part of my post was cut off! So trying again.

1) I really wish the iPad had swipe type. Would save so much time when posting these novellas. And

2) I am going to be so sad when people get used to my weight loss and stop commenting on how much weight I have lost and how thin I have gotten and how good I look. Total ego trip.
  • crjmg
    crjmg Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It is somewhat concerning to read of all the members who must meticulously weigh each item prior to eating it. I am aware that certain individuals are on very regimental diets and must account for every calorie, but these behaviours may become unhealthy habits and may prevent one from living a healthy and happy life. I know this because I have been there too, weighing everything that entered my mouth. You can eye ball most of these (e.g. Tbsp of peanut butter) and I bet you would be accurate. You don't want to become a slave to the scale. It feels a lot better to be able to eat in approximate estimations and you begin to trust your body more, thus building a stronger sense self-concept.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have been cancelling my bank shifts so that I can go running. Been considering do the same for my normal shifts ;)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I had an adjustment to a bladder pacemaker and I'm scheduled for a bicycle scavenger hunt today and a Zumba training tomorrow that I don't want to miss.

So, my dr. said I could resume all activities and I'm listening to a friend caution me. Is that weird or what!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    crjmg wrote: »
    It is somewhat concerning to read of all the members who must meticulously weigh each item prior to eating it. I am aware that certain individuals are on very regimental diets and must account for every calorie, but these behaviours may become unhealthy habits and may prevent one from living a healthy and happy life. I know this because I have been there too, weighing everything that entered my mouth. You can eye ball most of these (e.g. Tbsp of peanut butter) and I bet you would be accurate. You don't want to become a slave to the scale. It feels a lot better to be able to eat in approximate estimations and you begin to trust your body more, thus building a stronger sense self-concept.

((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »
    Confession: I've only been here a few months and most of what I thought I knew about the forums has been negated by this thread. It must be the "no judgement" and I'm astonished that so many people take that to heart...

Someone hand me a puppy so I can kiss it.

Yeah, I have a feeling if some of the people that appreciate me here ran across me in a non-non-judgemental thread, they would not like me very much.
  • tincanonastring
    edited March 2015
    Options
    double post

• littled1986
    littled1986 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    double post

I've seen you in other threads. It didn't make me dislike you at all
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    double post

I've seen you in other threads. It didn't make me dislike you at all

We must have been in agreement.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I'm not really logging my calories today. Just putting in some "Quick Add" calories and eating sensibly. One day without measuring and weighing, etc. trying my hand at maintenance.
  • erinbear33
    erinbear33 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have been diagnosed with binge eating disorder, and my scariest binge was around 1 year ago where I ate 2 cans of frosting (one white, one chocolate), 1 large Domino's pizza, and an entire 8-inch round cookies and cream Target cake.

During one meal. (cripes, that is freaking me out that I'm confessing this - only my husband knows about this particular binge)
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I am kinda cranky this a.m .. unexpected crappy weigh in, slept like crap, obnoxious pets in the morning... Today is supposed to be a rest day but my crappy weigh in makes me feel like I should work out... I dunno.

No slips this week with food so I am shocked by my weigh in. Yes, weight loss is not linear, some weeks will be up, some down, but damn, I feel like I worked soooo hard this week.