40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• languageSteph
    languageSteph Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Me too! 43 and starting many things this year, want to get into some good, new habits before fall like cooking more, less or no junk food and weights
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,935 Member
    Options
    Yay, Alf!!!!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Alf, you are rocking your vacation like a movie star!!!!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good evening cool kids.

It's late, so I will be brief. Margie and I went to a lodge on the Chipola River that some of Sister's Colorado friends are renting for the weekend. I had already cooked gumbo when we got the invite. I heard BIL was making his famous shrimp and grits, so I figured the gumbo would feel right at home. We got there before dark so were able to walk the grounds. Very nice setup. The lodge sits on one of the few high bluffs on our part of the river. I had seen it from the river for years, but it was my first time going there. We had a nice group of family and friends.

7z0erm2svhkg.jpg
    h2u49pq408nn.jpg

Hope everyone had a good day,

Larro

PS: The week's numbers: 21.0% Body Fat, 23.9 BMI & 171.2 Pounds. That is 0.7 pounds gained for the week.
  • ladyRobbinBott
    Options
    Hi everyone

I would also like to join the group, if I may. A little about me just turned 43 March 18, and I'm 5' 3" and 163.5 lbs, I have gone to a dietian last week, my goal weight is to be 140 lbs, I don't excise much in winter, but now the nicer weather is just starting I want to get back into walking, bike riding and lose the necessary weight, so I can be happy, healthy. Would like support, friends, and guidance towards what I need. Only helpful comments welcome. Thanks for reading.
  • trish56832
    trish56832 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi all! It's been an extremely busy week and I've read every post along the way! I weigh in tomorrow morning and am confident the scale will be nice to me. I am making progress using the treadmill everyday and can officially jog a mile with ease at a slow pace :) the week included getting a townhome listed for sale that my SO bought a year ago after watching too much HGTV ;) also accepted a new job which I will start April 13th Eeekkkk I need clothes! Finalized college plans for my senior and took the pups to the vet for physicals and dental exams- plus I went to the dermatologist and had a spot taken off! Today I am picking my oldest up from college so he can come to my nephews birthday party with us. My other son in college can't come as he is 6 hours away :( looking forward to a fantastic weekend and a great week next week if hopefully much nicer weather! Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.
  • AHatFullOfSky
    AHatFullOfSky Posts: 83 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Cool Kids :)

Wow Larro! That is one mighty fine lodge. Where in the states? is it situated?
    Alf: love your vacation pics! Where are you guys travelling?

I'm down with a cold but that didn't stop us from loading the car and driving down south to Stevs Klint. It's just recently been announced World Herritage Site. Very beautiful! We had a nice hike around the area and finished off with lunch/dinner at a little local restaurent.

The building you see on one of the pics is an old church. Part of it fell into the see back in 1928. The rest is well preserved and weddings are still performed there.
    http://kalklandet.dk/english/stevnsklint-en

egkjvgxv9e9k.jpg
    l5bzjt7i6rbw.jpg
    4dt3quf99mom.jpg
  • LittleNell107
    LittleNell107 Posts: 71 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey Cool Kids! Busy, busy week with visiting collaborators and a workshop at work - so I'm really behind with everyone's news!

Kelly Sue it's great news about your hubby's progress - fingers crossed for three weeks to go.

Hehehe Beeps - well done on kicking the night time snacking! Hubby and I are working our way through The West Wing from the very beginning and it's so tempting just to sit and nibble away - so I'm very impressed with your will power ;) Well done to spartridge as well for kicking the caffeine habit :)

Great going to everyone who has had exercise success lately - good going mommylern, 3furballs, Caramel, Emmalusmom, sdereski, trish... (and anyone I've missed due to not reading posts thoroughly enough!) - you've all put me to shame as I've let work dominate my life recently... grrr

Alf - looking fab on your hols, your photos are great! Larro - you always take a great photo too... behind and in front of the camera ;)

AHatFullOfSky - do you live in Denmark or are you just visiting? My mum is Danish and I have way more Danish family than English family - BUT - I can't believe I've never been to Stevns Klint!!! :o Most of my folks are on Sjaelland as well (some on Fyn too) - your photos are beautiful (I turned my laptop upside down to fully enjoy ;):D )

Happy weekend all!

Oooo - I've just previewed my post and seen how many emoticons I've used! Leaving them all in though - as that's how I feel!
  • AHatFullOfSky
    AHatFullOfSky Posts: 83 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    LittleNell aaahahahaha so sorry. I did the picture upload via my ipad and there they seemed right. Yes I live in Denmark, Copenhagen to be exact. And it is my first trip to Stevns Klint :# even though we only live about an hour by car away. We usually drive up north from Copenhagen, or visit family in Jutland. Fyn is something special too. Love that little island. Especially down south. We are thinking of having some of our summer holidays down around Stevns and Moen, to really explore the area. Lots of things to do for kids and adults. Where in England are you living?

• LittleNell107
    Options
    AHatFullOfSky (love your name, by the way, I adore Terry Pratchett's books - such a sad loss!) I'm in Cheshire - but originally from Cornwall. Are you Danish or another nationality (English?)? For a long time various members of my family lived in Kosør and Sorø (my Mormor) - but now most are in Roskilde and Jyllinge.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone you are all so sweet!! We are ready to sail away. We are going on an 8 day cruise to Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Aruba and Curaçao. We are sailing from Miami. I will be disconnecting myself during the cruise. Take care everyone!
  • alf1163
    Options
  • alf1163
    edited March 2015
    Options
    yz2znpem6o26.jpg
    Sailing away!!
  • LittleNell107
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Aww - looking beautiful Alf - you and the skyline/ships! Have a wonderful time - I'm sure you will ;)
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    That is actually a great idea! What else is there to do while waiting for the water to get warm?

Depends on who might be sharing the shower with you.
  • allenpriest
    Options
    I'm still home sick! !! I don't have time for this in tax season. 10 days tomorrow. I'm feeling better but the symptoms are still there.If I don't stay after it my fever goes up and I feel really bad.
  • allenpriest
    Options
    Digestive tract infection of some sort.
  • LittleNell107
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're still under the weather allenpriest - although at first I read your post as saying you're "homesick" and I thought maybe you were off on your hols as well!

I know stomach/digestive problems are a nightmare - lots of light soups to keep you well hydrated are best... the classic chicken soup or, for veggies, miso soup :)
  • LittleNell107
    Options
    Rain, rain, rain, rain, RAIN... here in the NW of England it's RAINING!!! Out early this morning to take the dog for her hydrotherapy and so many roads were flooded with drains backed up everywhere and brown water fountaining (is that even a word?) everywhere :open_mouth:
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    1iyx1k6ra8l8.jpg
    ofgf0vq1vd3s.jpg