Eating in the shower?

Options

Replies

• JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    I haven't read all 8 pages of replies lol but no.

Ditto on this but the one thing that comes to mind is wow! If I couldn't stay away from food long enough to take a shower, I'd get help. That's a problem.

Its not that she cant stay away from food, its just something she enjoys doing.

Well if that's what she enjoys doing then to each his own. She did raise the question do others do it or think it's weird. My reply is No and YES. But I suppose if she enjoys it then by all means.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    What the heck? :noway:
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    You can't wait to eat???? That you feel the need to do it during bathing time???? There's a time and a place for everything!
    Already explained this. Has nothing to do with waiting.
    abatonfan wrote: »
    I keep glucose tablets near me in the bathroom. For some odd reason, hot water drops my blood sugar really quickly (especially if I just took an insulin bolus), so I need to have some fast-acting carbs nearby in the event that I do go low.

It can also drop blood pressure.

Ditto on this but the one thing that comes to mind is wow! If I couldn't stay away from food long enough to take a shower, I'd get help. That's a problem.

Again, already explained this, that's why it pays to read the thread. It's not a problem and has nothing to do with not being able to wait.

• JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Again, already explained this, that's why it pays to read the thread. It's not a problem and has nothing to do with not being able to wait.

[/quote]

Well you did say in your original post you wanted opinions good or bad so that's what you're getting.

and speaking of reading the entire thread, I subsequently posted that if you enjoy doing it then by all means, do as you wish. I personally wouldn't .
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'll ever be able to get over the thought of drinking tuna juice.
    Add dishwasher lasagna and I think I may be scarred for life.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    deksgrl wrote: »
    This is not the most bizarre thing I have ever read on MFP, but it has to be in the Top 25. But as long as it makes you happy and it doesn't affect anyone else, then go for it.

most bizarre was the OP that admitted to drinking the "juice" out of a tuna can ….yes that was a real thread...

NAUSEA.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    deksgrl wrote: »
    This is not the most bizarre thing I have ever read on MFP, but it has to be in the Top 25. But as long as it makes you happy and it doesn't affect anyone else, then go for it.

most bizarre was the OP that admitted to drinking the "juice" out of a tuna can ….yes that was a real thread...

NAUSEA.gif

this came to mind..

200.gif
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Haha. I sit in my tub with shower head on but no drain plug. Probably another weird thing no one does lol.

My son does this and it drives me crazy cuz he is running up my water bill!!!!! LOL!
  • vgnfarmer
    vgnfarmer Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    showerfood.tumblr.com
  • charlie_anne
    charlie_anne Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wine in the bath yes (btw burgundy glasses often float with wine in!) but shower? Can't imagine how that would work!
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Last days of the Roman empire in this thread lol
  • LITtlerMeCO
    LITtlerMeCO Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I used to live in a 100 year old house with a claw foot tub. On my days off I would get a huge cup of coffee, some shortbread cookies, get a good book, set everything up on a bathtub caddy, add bubbles to the water, light some candles,and start my day slowly. I miss that tub.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I have never thought about doing this.
  • MonoJKA
    MonoJKA Posts: 55 Member
    Options

This all that comes to mind.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

dbanks80 wrote: »

Haha. I sit in my tub with shower head on but no drain plug. Probably another weird thing no one does lol.

My son does this and it drives me crazy cuz he is running up my water bill!!!!! LOL!

Our water bill hovers around $400 every 3mths. Guaranteed I'm in and out of the shower as quickly as possible! Not to mention more often than not we have water restrictions in place here.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    lol someone brought this back
  • Christine_72
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    lol someone brought this back

Haha, I'm still struggling to imagine someone standing there munching out in the shower!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Every time this thread pops up I get that "Singing in the Shower" song by Becky G stuck in my head.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Reading this thread has totally made my Monday. I am tempted to go drink tuna juice in the shower just so that I can say I've done it (that'll make me a cool kid right?)

Our water bill hovers around $400 every 3mths. Guaranteed I'm in and out of the shower as quickly as possible! Not to mention more often than not we have water restrictions in place here.

Holy floodgates Batman! How many people are in your house to have a water bill that high? I mean, no one voluntarily goes near that much Adelaidean water... :P
  • Christine_72
    Options

Reading this thread has totally made my Monday. I am tempted to go drink tuna juice in the shower just so that I can say I've done it (that'll make me a cool kid right?)

Holy floodgates Batman! How many people are in your house to have a water bill that high? I mean, no one voluntarily goes near that much Adelaidean water... :P

Haha that's why we have a puratap filter! There's only me and hubby here, but he loves to sit out the back and water the lawn and garden with the hose for flippan' ages! I have a quick 5 minute shower in the morning.
    We also recently got a dishwasher. They say they use less water, but I don't know about that....