Options

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    NikonPal wrote: »
    Can't say it ever crossed my mind. :)

Naughty you! ;)

Wow I am slow today- I just got that lol.
    tomatoey wrote: »
    lol what??

Also what?
    elphie754 wrote: »
    sit in the shower quite often so it is more like a combination bath and shower.

Lol

arditarose wrote: »
    Shower beer, that's it. So do you have the shower running down on you while you're sitting in the bath? Doesn't the food get wet?

This thread made me laugh.

Yes that is pretty much what I do. Food almost never gets wet because I keep it on the tub "wall" (I can't remember the actual name lol). Besides it is usually a cut up orange or apples and other fruits so if it gets a bit wet, it's not a big deal.

no words

enjoy, lol :)

Okay, I know I'll likely regret asking, but why no words?
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I have a random question for all of you. Do you ever bring a snack with you when you take a bath/shower (I sit in the shower quite often so it is more like a combination bath and shower.

Anyway, does anyone bring a small something if you are going to relax in the tub? I feel like I'm really weird when I do this. I usually bring cut up fruit or something of the like.

I know this topic may rub people the wrong way. Yes, I am very aware that it is not considered "normal". The way I look at it, is if people can drink wine while taking a bath, why not being a snack since I can't/won't drink wine.

I would love to hear people's opinion whether it be good or bad. Also, I would happy to find out in not the only one who does this.

mg4e9x6.png

Hahaha. Sadly the shower is not weirdest place I've eaten ;). And yep! I am very much a weirdo :).

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    No words bc this is a human behaviour I'd not ever heard about and I hadn't formulated a response

but wanted to register my surprise i guess
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    I also pee, floss, brush my teeth, and briefly nap in the shower. It's a place for multitasking.

I wash my clothes in there with me.

I read while showering
    baby_bath_book_EVA_bath_book_toys.jpg
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I like to number two in the shower…..
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I also pee, floss, brush my teeth, and briefly nap in the shower. It's a place for multitasking.

I wash my clothes in there with me.

I read while showering
    baby_bath_book_EVA_bath_book_toys.jpg

LOL some heavy stuff too
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I am a big bath taker and love to soak in a REALLY hot tub for a long time.

I always cringe when i see people drink (wine, juice, soda) or eat anything at this time. It's your time for relaxation, getting clean, sweating it out, and cleansing everything. Nothing feels better than taking a SUPER hot bath, sweating, almost over-heating and then drinking crisp cold clean water.

I just think it's being dirty and taking away from the experience.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I find soup works well in the shower, somehow I feel quite full after a small bowl of soup when showering ;)
  • tomatoey
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

lies
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, I feel like I'd probably get whatever I was eating all soapy or something, and then take a bite by accident. I've never liked bringing wine into the bath with me, glass + slippery surfaces = a bad idea when you're clumsy.

Haha. I sit in my tub with shower head on but no drain plug. Probably another weird thing no one does lol.

Oh I do this when I've had too much to drink!
  • tomatoey
    Options
    just one lie actually
  • arditarose
    Options

bahaha. Did you have to go there?!
  • arditarose
    Options
    Hahaha, I feel like I'd probably get whatever I was eating all soapy or something, and then take a bite by accident. I've never liked bringing wine into the bath with me, glass + slippery surfaces = a bad idea when you're clumsy.

Haha. I sit in my tub with shower head on but no drain plug. Probably another weird thing no one does lol.

Oh I do this when I've had too much to drink!

Same here. I have woken up in that position before. College.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

bahaha. Did you have to go there?!

it is very liberating...
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Also, I wouldn't do it because I hate showering, it's a pain in the butt! Yes, I shower everyday lol But I'm in and out, wash, scrub rinse and OUT :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

:(. I am the exact opposite. I pretty much live in water lol. Between the long showers and swimming, you would think I would develop gills lol.
    Food + the bathroom? Not a good combination, IMO.

Also, I'm never in the shower so long that I feel that it's necessary to bring food in with me. I think I'm capable of going the length of a shower without eating.

I am capable of doing it as well and I don't do it all the time. It's how I relax. And I have taken 2+ hours showers before (not anymore). Beside my work plAce is like 100x more dirty than my bathroom.

• ana3067
    Options
    No but I will eat and drink on the toilet. I've gotten disgusted looks for that one.

that's pretty gross, dude :s

How so? I enter the bathroom with clean hands and food. I have a cup of water I wasn't too keep drinking or an apple I'm still eating. Hold either in my noon dominant hand while wiping if I can't set them down, then set down while washing my hands.

But then again I'm not a germaphobe. I also see nothing wrong with spitting out toothpaste in the kitchen sink when it's empty, which is apparently gross (I guess my own saliva and old toothpaste is grosser than cat food being all up in the sink)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    GTAFrank wrote: »
    Unheard of. Well maybe not...

EdibleShower-480x340.jpg

I see your Kramer and raise you a Booth!

Bones-David-bath-beer_400.jpg
  • tomatoey
    edited March 2015
    Options
    No but I will eat and drink on the toilet. I've gotten disgusted looks for that one.

How so? I enter the bathroom with clean hands and food. I have a cup of water I wasn't too keep drinking or an apple I'm still eating. Hold either in my noon dominant hand while wiping if I can't set them down, then set down while washing my hands.

But then again I'm not a germaphobe. I also see nothing wrong with spitting out toothpaste in the kitchen sink when it's empty, which is apparently gross (I guess my own saliva and old toothpaste is grosser than cat food being all up in the sink)

i'm not a germaphobe either, but fecal matter particles are distributed through the air when you flush. true fact
  • tomatoey
    Options
    poo + food =/= good times, for a lot of people
  • tomatoey
    Options
    often, poo + food = very much not good times
  • ana3067
    Options

i'm not a germaphobe either, but fecal matter particles are distributed through the air when you flush. true fact

So you wear a mask while in the bathroom? BEcause, you know, those particles will still get on your face and lips and god forbid inside your mouth if you happen to be yawning etc.