Eating in the shower?

Options

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    No words bc this is a human behaviour I'd not ever heard about and I hadn't formulated a response

but wanted to register my surprise i guess

Ahh okay.
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    I am a big bath taker and love to soak in a REALLY hot tub for a long time.

I always cringe when i see people drink (wine, juice, soda) or eat anything at this time. It's your time for relaxation, getting clean, sweating it out, and cleansing everything. Nothing feels better than taking a SUPER hot bath, sweating, almost over-heating and then drinking crisp cold clean water.

I just think it's being dirty and taking away from the experience.

Pardon me for being snarky, but a shower/bath is an "experience"?

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    No, but I prefer not to eat there
  • hapa11
    hapa11 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    LOL at every single thing about this thread.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    No words bc this is a human behaviour I'd not ever heard about and I hadn't formulated a response

Ahh okay.

I always cringe when i see people drink (wine, juice, soda) or eat anything at this time. It's your time for relaxation, getting clean, sweating it out, and cleansing everything. Nothing feels better than taking a SUPER hot bath, sweating, almost over-heating and then drinking crisp cold clean water.

If it's not then i feel sorry for you. :(

Bubble bars, bath bombs, soaking in an open air onsen, a candle lit bath, if you haven't experienced these things.... poor you :'(
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I prefer to read on the toilet. And shower in the shower.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Not quite what I thought this topic was going to be. :out:
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    My 17 year old son does this! Food and/or drinks in the shower & he also sits in the shower.... ummmm poster, are we related??? I think its weird, but he says it's the ultimate in comforting relaxation.
  • itsjosiebitch
    itsjosiebitch Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    But doesn't the food get wet? Anyway, I think I once bought an apple with me to the shower. I felt like a weirdo and a fatass
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

Ahh okay.

Bubble bars, bath bombs, soaking in an open air onsen, a candle lit bath, if you haven't experienced these things.... poor you :'(

I could say the same to you for not enjoying a glass of wine in the bath. To each his own.
  • elphie754
    Options

Ahh okay.

I have, but have to be really careful about products since Im allergic to oat and most bath product's have lay in them. When I do want a bath, I usually add a few drops of lavendar oil.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Yes, pretty common. Cereal, waffles, snacks, tea, toast, bagels.

o4b2G3L.gif

WTH?
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

You missed "and nibbling delicious little chocolate bites" off your list.
    Yes, OP, you're not alone in your weirdness. Although I've never eaten in the shower.

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

Ahh okay.

I guess I get where you're coming from, but I personally don't like baths. Don't like hot tubs either.

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I have drunk a can of cokE in the shower before.
  • elphie754
    Options

This is going to sound rude, but what? Why post at all just to say you are leaving? And what did you think it would be about?
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I like to number two in the shower…..

Oh man! I laughed so loud!

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

This is going to sound rude, but what? Why post at all just to say you are leaving? And what did you think it would be about?

Starts with a "c" and ends with an "s"
  • elphie754
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    My 17 year old son does this! Food and/or drinks in the shower & he also sits in the shower.... ummmm poster, are we related??? I think its weird, but he says it's the ultimate in comforting relaxation.
    It is! For me at least. Other people might not like it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    ana3067 wrote: »
    No but I will eat and drink on the toilet. I've gotten disgusted looks for that one.

that's pretty gross, dude :s

How so? I enter the bathroom with clean hands and food. I have a cup of water I wasn't too keep drinking or an apple I'm still eating. Hold either in my noon dominant hand while wiping if I can't set them down, then set down while washing my hands.

But then again I'm not a germaphobe. I also see nothing wrong with spitting out toothpaste in the kitchen sink when it's empty, which is apparently gross (I guess my own saliva and old toothpaste is grosser than cat food being all up in the sink)

i'm not a germaphobe either, but fecal matter particles are distributed through the air when you flush. true fact

Definitely! ! Which is why if you have the toilet in the bathroom get a toothbrush holder that covers your toothbrush up! Or else you'll be cleaning your teeth with a lot more than toothpaste.... :confounded:

• elphie754
    Options
    But doesn't the food get wet? Anyway, I think I once bought an apple with me to the shower. I felt like a weirdo and a fatass
    I explained earlier in the thread.