Things that aren't worth the calories........

Options

Replies

• tffcx
    tffcx Posts: 20 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't think it's so much about food as different brands/stores for me. Like, there're fudge cakes that are 700 calories a slice, and fudge cakes that are 300 calories a slice and taste just as decadent. No slice of cake is worth 700 calories to me, especially since I'll probably get hungry again in an hour's time.
  • Navymom716
    Options
    I love full fat versions of everything so they are worth the cals to me.

For me peas are not worth the cals, I don't like their texture!

Amen!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Isn't this an oxymoron though? If it's something someone likes, it's worth the calories. If it's not something someone likes, than it's not. Why would consuming something you don't like be worth the calories? What ever nutrient are you're looking for isn't probably just available in another food/drink you actually like?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

To an extent. It's like... I like rice, but I like potatoes better, so I'd rather have those for the calories.

I still like convenience store candy bars, but if I'm going to spend the calories on chocolate, I'd rather have a really, really good quality dark chocolate.

That sort of thing.

Exactly. I like Twix, but for the calories, I'd rather have gelato. Twix, while delicious, just aren't worth the calories 95% of the time. I'm stingy with my calories now.
  • jhonen32629
    jhonen32629 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Definitely soda, alcohol (although my past self would have strongly disagreed with this;)), full fat milk, creamer, frappucinos
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Anyone saying bagels cannot live in the northeast (especially NY and NJ), lol! Fresh bagel shop bagels are so worth it. I haven't had one in months but will set aside maintenance calories for one about once a week.
  • Calimama123
    Calimama123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    #wineisalwaysworthit
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    astrose00 wrote: »
    Anyone saying bagels cannot live in the northeast (especially NY and NJ), lol! Fresh bagel shop bagels are so worth it. I haven't had one in months but will set aside maintenance calories for one about once a week.

I live in NYC and actually find them not worth it anymore, simply because I am more hungry after eating one than I was before. I guess if I saved it as like a dessert or extra treat I'd be happier. Not for breakfast.
  • BackInTheSaddle13
    BackInTheSaddle13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Cheese. I still eat cheese but no so much on a sandwich or sprinkled on stuff. And sauces or condiments like tartar sauce or tons of ketchup.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    astrose00 wrote: »

I've never had a fresh bagel.

For me, I had to watch my carbs in the beginning of this, so I stopped eating them. I just didn't miss them enough to reintroduce them.
  • laura_lee414
    laura_lee414 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Store bought cookies. Soft serve ice cream. Whole fat milk. Bologna. Most flour tortillas. Cheese on my deli sub. Most cakes at parties.

What is worth it? Homemade cookies....thank goodness they do not cross my path often. ;)
  • MissMary75044
    MissMary75044 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    McDonalds food, empty calories with little nutritional value. Last time I ate any I felt like I had eaten rocks.
  • haibu
    haibu Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Bread.

And cashews (occasionally worth it)
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Cake is not worth it. Brownies are unsatisfying because you can only have a small amount.
  • bellavita123
    bellavita123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wine, wine and more wine is sooooo worth the calories. But only on Sunday!!! It gives me something to look forward to at the end of a loooong week!!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Pre-packaged snack cakes, like Li'l Debbies. They basically just taste like moist sugar. I'd rather spend those calories on a nice fresh doughnut or a piece of freshly baked cake.
  • LITtlerMeCO
    LITtlerMeCO Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    A bag of Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix, package of instant chocolate pudding, mixed with a stick of melted butter. It would usually take me two to three days to eat it--at 3380 calories total what was I thinking?
  • oxlisaxo91
    oxlisaxo91 Posts: 67 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Alcholic drinks
    Cafe drinks (skim or not)
    Pasta/Rice. I'm happy to just stir in a bunch of veggies and call it a day.
    Potato Chips
    Anything from Top Juice or Sumo Salad, you'd think from their proclaimed healthy advertising you wouldn't be gobsmacked at the calorie/macro count when looking more into their products. I'd much rather get a meal from KFC for those calories!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    tc138003 wrote: »
    TOM VENUTO's book..."Burn the fat. Feed the muscle." If it ain't an A or B food it ain't worth the calories. So in a nutshell. Nothing processed, no sugar, no high saturated fats. Don't drink your calories.
    Hmmm. Carbs are basically sugar. Saturated fats are in animal meats and eggs. I doubt that anyone just eats food from their backyard, so "processed" is usually how they are obtained in a store. Oh and Venuto is a bodybuilder, so I'm more than sure he eats sugar in his diet especially when bulking.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• shawnaes91
    shawnaes91 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    For me starbucks isn't worth its calorie, french fries, drinking my calories unless its wine or a tablespoon of milk to put in my coffee. Chips of any kind arent worth it This includes veggies straws. a portion of those damn things are basically the same as a one ounce bag of potato chips. Milkshakes also aren't worth it or any kind of snack cake.