Summer Shredders (closed group)

Options

Replies

• KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Ok as i have said before, i have already started the shred last month and have done 24 days straight. I thought i would post all my measurements anyhow maybe they'll help to motivate everyone. Also if this is a closed group is there anything i need to do to be a part of it or???

Also, beware, first week of the shred i actually gained 2lbs... by day 10, end of level 1 i had lost those plus 2 more. Then by the end of level 2 i had lost 4 more. I am very happy with the toning this dvd does. The toning makes me look like i lost more then the inchs and weight say! I also have been taking pics, before, day 10, day 20, when i finish ill post to help motivate. Best of luck everyone. It is hard but so worth it!

Start ---L1D10 ---L2D10
    Height- 5ft 5in ---Height- 5ft 5in --- Height 5ft 5in
    Weight- 170 ---Weight- 168lbs ---Weight 164
    Bust- 38 ---Bust- 38 --- Bust 38
    Arms- 13 ---Arms-12 ---Arms 12
    Upper waist- 36 ---Upper Waist- 34.5 ---Upper Waist 34
    Lower waist-41 ---Lower Waist- 40.5 ---Lower Waist 40
    Hips- 45 ---Hips- 44 ---Hips 43
    Thighs- 25.5 ---Thighs 24 ---Thighs 24
  • bsed18
    bsed18 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I dusted off the old dvd case this weekend. We'll get to shredding it later this evening. Good luck everyone!
  • aehealey
    aehealey Posts: 17
    Options
    It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, I am going to go to the gym later for some more cardio. I cannot wait to see the results that we all get from this!
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i can't wait to start it this evening :)
  • Arachne
    Arachne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Will be doing this here in a few hours with a friend. I am super excited! I will post my measurements when my husband gets home so he can help! LET GET TO IT!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Ok as i have said before, i have already started the shred last month and have done 24 days straight. I thought i would post all my measurements anyhow maybe they'll help to motivate everyone. Also if this is a closed group is there anything i need to do to be a part of it or???

You're perfect -thanks so much...just knowing you're into it will be great for the rest of us - you can help give some insight/suggestions, etc. You're a great asset, and congrats for going so long with it so far. :flowerforyou:
  • chefmom1
    chefmom1 Posts: 8
    Options
    i did my first workout this morning, I had major neck surgery 3 weeks ago so i am still trying to figure out how to keep my heart rate up and keep up with them. walking on the treadmill is ok i have no problems there so let's hope i can still lose the weight or inches i need to.

i will measure when my dh gets home
  • jmcjamie
    jmcjamie Posts: 82
    Options
    day one done it so kicked my but much needed though !
  • irishgal44
    Options
    Ok...here we go...
    Starting Weight: 172.4 (ps...I hate the 170's)
    Upper arm: 13 inches
    Right lower leg: 15.5
    Right thigh: 24.5
    Waist (belly button): 40
    Waist (small part) 34
    Hips: 42
    Neck: 13

HRM says day 1, 486 cals burned...however, I have a high reading hr. So I will go off what MFP says for circuit training, 27 minutes. I assume it will be a little over 200 cals or so.

** used 3 lb hand weights today, however I think I will add the 5 lbs in for certain exercises**

Note to self (and all of you), I hate the lunges with the bicept curls towards the end. THey are a killer for me! LOL :sick: :frown: :indifferent: :cry:
  • kam81
    kam81 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My video arrives tomorrow, so a rest day will catch me up to everyone. Also, looking at HRMs. Any recommendations.....
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I started last week, is it too late to join? But I'm not shredding every day until I do my first 5K on June 12.
  • irishgal44
    Options
    My video arrives tomorrow, so a rest day will catch me up to everyone. Also, looking at HRMs. Any recommendations.....

I LOVE my polar F11 (orange and cute)...very accurate and comfortable. Plus, it doesn't look like an average hrm..kinda stylin. My suggestion...research on amazon.com and read reviews. Best of luck - well worth the money!
  • kam81
    kam81 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks much- I will chk it out.
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    If pain really is fear leaving the body, than I have a lot of fear to deal with! Lol! I really dislike day 3 and 4...they are big sore days for me and I have never made it past day 6...so this is a much needed group for me! :)

O No! I'm sceerd! hehe I am excited too though! It'll be ok! We can do it! When I first started Insanity I was sooooo sore, but I kept pushing through cause everyone said it would go away, and believe it or not it actually did! I wasn't sore anymore. :)

Gotta push through it girl...stretch before and after...deep stretches after. It'll be ok. :)
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Note to self (and all of you), I hate the lunges with the bicept curls towards the end. THey are a killer for me! LOL :sick: :frown: :indifferent: :cry:

I HATE having to raise the weights to eye level. It hurts so much! I can feel my muscles quivering after just a few. That is by far the worst part of it for me.
  • better_days_ahead
    better_days_ahead Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Alright, I was suppose to do the shred this morning but had a power outage! So, I did it this afternoon (first timer here) and OMG, I don't think I've done jumping jacks in a good 9-10 years! Pretty sure I almost knocked myself out with my large and in charge ta-ta's :noway:

Overall, I'm way out of shape. Good grief! I'm already sore! :embarassed:
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Yay! I did it! I used MFP and it said 303 for 28 minutes. That was tough in a good way!

Starting weight 178
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! I will tell you, the first 2-4 days is the hardest, but push! Come day 5 or 6 you will no longer be sore and day 7 or 8 you will feel like you have mastered it!!!!
  • Mommyof3loves
    Mommyof3loves Posts: 276
    Options
    Well I hate to say this but I won't be able to be part of the group. I dislocated my shoulder this afternoon doing the video towards the end and am out of commission for a while, I have had this problem for a while but never had my shoulder pop out put my hand behind my head for a sit up. So I wish you guys all the luck with this and I will still be here for support, wishing I was able to do it with you guys :sad: Good luck!!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Bump for later tonight.

I'm also doing Jillian's Ripped in 30; is anyone else? I haven't found a topic thread on Ri30 and would love to post about this DVD as well...any issues from anyone if I post on 30DS & Ri30 on this topic thread?

Happy Shredding to All!!