Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    Just for today:
    1. Be on track with cals :/ Well--I ate my exercise cals., but "had some left over". I'll have to buckle down today.
    2. 3+ pints water/tea :)
    3. Exercise 30 min :):) Even got in some zumba--burns more cals than just my calisthenics :)
    4. Get going on helping my son research scholarship stuff for college. :o Oops. Will have to try again today.

Just for today;
    1. CALS! I know where my goal is--stick to it!
    2. 3+ pints water/tea
    3. Exercise 30 + min.
    4. Scholarships
    5. Regroup with some stuff re: homeschool

Hope everyone will have a great day!!

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Just for today - I am not going to beat myself up or criticize myself. I will claim God's gifts and blessings. I will declare my health as a merciful and gracious gift from God! I will look hopefully into my future and know that God has great plans for me to prosper and be safe. In Jesus name.
  • Katherine52459
    Katherine52459 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I stayed within my calorie limits yesterday and walked five miles. However, I have not lost a single ounce in three weeks, so I am very discouraged.
    Just for today I will:
    -walk at least two miles (done)
    -drink all my water
    -log all my food
    -stay within my calorie range
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    this is just because I wanted to have 1000 post in this thread and completely pointless. So I'll add another goal, wash towels tonight

I get it...even numbers, rolling over the odometer. It's all part of the OCD family :)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,215 Member
    Options
    Yesterday
    1. exercise min 30 min :) Not really Exercise, but I thoroughly cleaned the house yesterday, vacuumed, mowed the grass - YES, MOWED THE GRASS!!!! Excited to see spring here.
    2. LOG every bite I eat, no matter how late it is :/ I have been terrible at this lately. Have been so busy, but need to make this my #1 effort.
    3. drink water :)
    4. Live today as a lifestyle, not as a diet. :) Healthy eating all day!

Just for today, 4.2
    1. Log my food, no matter how late. This is an important step!
    2. Drink water
    3. concentrate on positives
    4. Do not overeat. I only got 4 hrs of sleep last nite, and these are the days I want to graze all day. stick with planned food

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Today I will:
    Get in a run/walk in the am.
    Measure waist
    Try to adjust to new calorie goal of 1,500
    Read first chapter of "the New Rules Of Lifting For Women". (It's not doing me any good collecting dust on my bedside table).
    Drink 8 cups of water
    Go to bed early
    Mantra: I will not procrastinate!!

Have a great day everyone!
  • losingrae
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 4/01
    1. log everything :)
    2. 30 mins cardio :)

Pretty simple goals yesterday. Gotta try to come up with something a bit challenging.

Just for Today 4/02
    1. log everything
    2. strength training
    3. 5 mins meditation
    4. Find 5 things to be appreciative of today
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Joan, I can relate to tired! Yeah, I got about 4-5 hrs. sleep and I'm feeling squirrelly and already ate most of my cals for day. Hopefully we can both make it thru til bedtime!! We'll have to crunch down and drink a glass of water every time we think "I wanna munch"! Enjoy your nice weather!!
  • Exquisitern
    Exquisitern Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Joan: sounds like you did more that 30 minutes of exercise!

Had a good day. Lost 1.6 lbs this week after doing damage control for Thursday through Sunday last week.

So just for today.
    1) Stay at or around 1200 calories
    2) Enjoy my evening.
    3) Get my run in, going out in a few minutes
    4) Relax and do some crochet this evening.

Everyone take care and have a good day!

Donna
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Thursday's goals
    - tune into stomach and hunger levels at least 5 times during day ☺
    - avoid all sugar
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Epic fail on sugar today. A friend gave me a box of chocolate biscuits. I put it out of sight in my spare room.
    Then thought maybe I could just have 2 as that would be well within calorie limit.
    That led to 2 more immediately. Then 4 more 20 mins later.
    2 hours later I just sat and ate the rest.
    Can't seem to stop when I've started, and every time I think I can control myself I'm proved wrong.

Feel sick and ashamed of myself.
    In one fell swoop I've added around 1500 calories to my daily intake and wiped out all the good work I had done this week.

I can only regroup and start again.

Friday's goals:
    - tune into stomach
    - NO sugar. None.
    - push at bootcamp to earn some calories for the evening
    - eat well all day and sensible choices when I go out for the evening. ... am going to enjoy some wine
  • LilBitBambina
    LilBitBambina Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just for today 4/2

I will think positive thoughts
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Wednesday:
    1. 10,000 steps :(
    2. Full workout :'(
    3. Eat well :|

Nope, nope, nope, Wednesday was not great. I kind of slept the whole day. I am still dragging from this cold that I've had for a MONTH and decided that I needed a second day off. Somehow I still managed to lose a tiny bit of weight, so maybe it was OK.

Thursday:
    1. Get laundry and housework done (involves a lot of going up and down stairs)
    2. Swim
    3. Eat well (veggies; healthy stuff)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Tuesday:
    1. 10,000 steps :(forgot to wear FitBit most of the day
    2. swim :( decided that I really need a rest day--still dragging with cold/cough/allergies
    3. Under 100 G carbs :)

Hate it when I do that!

Me too! I have a sign by the door reminding me to check before I leave the house, so it hardly ever happens. I had a bunch of choreographers staying with me for several days (I used to be a professional dancer) and they kind of threw off my routines, even though I really did enjoy having them around.

I changed bras at the last minute before going to one of their events and forgot to move the FitBit. I was trying to affect a somewhat "hip-hop" look with a bare shoulder--not my usual style, so it took several wardrobe changes to come up with an outfit that seemed right.
  • kmyrs
    kmyrs Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Epic fail on sugar today. A friend gave me a box of chocolate biscuits. I put it out of sight in my spare room.
    Then thought maybe I could just have 2 as that would be well within calorie limit.
    That led to 2 more immediately. Then 4 more 20 mins later.
    2 hours later I just sat and ate the rest.
    Can't seem to stop when I've started, and every time I think I can control myself I'm proved wrong.

Feel sick and ashamed of myself.
    In one fell swoop I've added around 1500 calories to my daily intake and wiped out all the good work I had done this week.

I can only regroup and start again.

Friday's goals:
    - tune into stomach
    - NO sugar. None.
    - push at bootcamp to earn some calories for the evening
    - eat well all day and sensible choices when I go out for the evening. ... am going to enjoy some wine

All you can do is make tomorrow better. We've ALL done that. I'm the same way...I can't eat just a bite or just one. It's all or nothing and once that horse is out of the barn, it's all over. Expect to have setbacks and expect to have successes. You'll do great tomorrow!
  • kmyrs
    kmyrs Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    Just for today - I am not going to beat myself up or criticize myself. I will claim God's gifts and blessings. I will declare my health as a merciful and gracious gift from God! I will look hopefully into my future and know that God has great plans for me to prosper and be safe. In Jesus name.

That is lovely and thank you for posting!
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I am happy to have found this thread. I start over every day and absolutely have to take small steps or I will just give up. I do not like the cold and I do not like exercise- but I love the summer if I can just make it until then. My goal will be to go for a 20 minute walk four days this week. I will also bring in the ladder and wash walls in one room
    14122 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just for today 3/02 I will:
    1. Drink another glass of water before I go to bed
    2. Go to bed by 10:50 pm
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    How do you bookmark this thread
  • losingrae
    edited April 2015
    Options
    dlm4mom wrote: »
    How do you bookmark this thread

click the star at the top by the title. then when you want to find it, look at the star at the top right:

ueoc3u68wwbd.jpg

6uafebgcs349.jpg